The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

6 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...agree......he is a true Washington Outsider who has pierced the "political good 'ol boyz" enclave.....they hate the results and want to set a precedent for any true outsider down the road who dares to consider upsetting the enclave ever again........

Bingo!

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Hillary has the rights to the "Final Solution". Haven't you read between the lines in her latest book "I'll Win The Second Time Too"?

she can sit there and think she won a 4th and 5th time

..probably one of my senior moment crotchety "pet peeves" EVERY time I see this......how the hell can EVERYONE based on party be 100% lock step in line?.....must be voting their minds as far as "doing the people's business" without any fear of reprisals......um ok......."I promise I will call you tomorrow".....

The committee adopted both articles, alleging abuse of power and obstruction of Congress, on a party-line vote of 23-17.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I hope Trump beats them over the head for this... should be an interesting 2020 election.

Judiciary Committee Approves Articles of Impeachment Against Trump
The resolution, which charges Trump with an abuse of power and obstruction of Congress, will be voted on next week.

</snip>

...and they're already signing up the 2020 Mob just in case........

Democratic lawmaker open to pursuing impeachment again if Trump wins in 2020

By Owen Daugherty - 12/11/19 10:22 AM EST

Rep. Karen Bass (D-Calif)    indicated on Tuesday indicated that the House could bring more articles of impeachment against President Trump if he wins reelection next year.

Bass said in an interview with TMZ that she would be inclined to take a second stab at impeaching Trump, particularly if both chambers of Congress are controlled by Democrats after the 2020 election.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/474043-democratic-lawmaker-open-to-pursuing-impeachment-again-if-trump-wins-in-2020

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I hope Trump beats them over the head for this... should be an interesting 2020 election.

Judiciary Committee Approves Articles of Impeachment Against Trump
The resolution, which charges Trump with an abuse of power and obstruction of Congress, will be voted on next week.

</snip>

Oh, I have the feeling that he's going to spend 2021-2025 making them pay.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Oh, I have the feeling that he's going to spend 2021-2025 making them pay.

or more ?

ONCE I WOULD HAVE LAUGHED AT THIS, BUT NOW I’VE LEARNED THAT THE CONSTITUTION IS A LIVING BREATHING DOCUMENT THAT MUST ADAPT TO THE TIMES:

Mike Huckabee: Trump will be eligible for a third term due to the illegal attempt to oust him as president.

54 minutes ago, B-Man said:

• Like (+1) 1

I'll put this here too...

Some are reporting he is switching parties, some are reporting he may...

Anti-impeachment Democrat poised to switch parties

Democratic Rep. Jeff Van Drew (N.J.) will switch political parties after voicing opposition to impeachment, sources told The Hill.

Van Drew has begun informing his staff and fellow New Jersey delegation members that he will leave the Democratic Party, Democratic aides said. His decision comes after a lengthy Friday meeting with President Trump. 

Van Drew is one of just two Democratic lawmakers who voted against launching an impeachment inquiry into Trump. He is a member of the centrist Blue Dog caucus. 

</snip>

• Thank you (+1) 3

37 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I'll put this here too...

Some are reporting he is switching parties, some are reporting he may...

Anti-impeachment Democrat poised to switch parties

Democratic Rep. Jeff Van Drew (N.J.) will switch political parties after voicing opposition to impeachment, sources told The Hill.

Van Drew has begun informing his staff and fellow New Jersey delegation members that he will leave the Democratic Party, Democratic aides said. His decision comes after a lengthy Friday meeting with President Trump. 

Van Drew is one of just two Democratic lawmakers who voted against launching an impeachment inquiry into Trump. He is a member of the centrist Blue Dog caucus. 

</snip>

He's in a district neighboring mine. Seems like a generally decent guy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, Albwan said:

It's going to be an interesting vote on Wednesday. The media is claiming no more than 6 defections. They're full of schiff.

I'm not convinced they have 218 votes, which may very well be Pelosi's plan to get loonies like the Jihad Squad off her ass.

• Like (+1) 2