A Few Thoughts about the Cowboys Game, in no particular order

Virgil

This was your best one yet. Really nice post.

Agreed that this win felt like a middle finger to everyone outside of the fanbase. Beating the Cowboys in their stadium on prime time despite the referees doing everything they can to give the game away, it was the culmination of everything I've been waiting to see since 1999.

I knew Allen COULD have a game like this, but I definitely had doubts that he would ever put it all together. This game proved he could do it with the spotlight on him. I'm glad I don't have to make any excuses for him today. He made all of the "normal" plays consistently, threw in a few special plays, and had no costly mistakes. 3 games in a row he has looked like the guy and he's getting better every week.

The 4th and 1 conversion is a historic play for the Bills. I don't care if it came in a non-conference regular season game. It meant everything to anyone that rooted for the Bills over the past 20 years.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 21
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Nice write up Virgil. 

The Ref's were horrible today and the Bills won despite them.  Pretty sure that hands to the face was on Phillips hitting Dak's face mask but not sure.  The calls on Tre to start the game had me going oh boy ref's got paid by Jerry.  Then the no call on the Allen slide.  Spot on Gore's third down run.  Late hit on Jerry was bogus and not even going to comment  on the holding by Dallas offensive line.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The thing that seemed really different this game was every time they had a "here we go again moment", when you expected them to collapse to begin because of a bad play or a bad call, it never happened.  As a matter of fact, it not only didn't happen, they just kept overcoming whatever it was and playing better and better.  After we didn't score on the first turnover because of a missed field goal, I totally expected the Cowboys to drive down the field and score and take over the momentum.  I just couldn't believe the number of times the offense and the defense rose to the occasion and made huge plays.  It shows you how good a team this team can be when both units are playing at a high level.  It was so enjoyable knowing the country was finally seeing what we all get to see.  That this is a real contender and a team that may just be peaking at the right time!

• Like (+1) 12
  • Thank you (+1) 1

A few other comments:

It is amazing how this offense has turned around with the introduction of Singletary to this offense three weeks ago.  He has made a HUGE difference. 

And the most impressive thing they did today was that  7 1/2 minute drive in the 4th quarter to get the FG.  That was HUGE....They dominated the Cowboys defense and methodically marched forward.  Usually,  we would be at the receiving end of such drives...But NOT Today....That drive effectively put the game away for good.   

• Like (+1) 11

Nice post. You know I never thought about your thoughts of our d watching and learning their tendencies. Your probably spot on And coupled with Romo’s comments about Mcd baiting them to find out how they react to a particular coverage for later in the game.

I remember that throw to McKenzie and it was big. That throw to Beasley out of the end zone was just a dart and I think a few of his best passes were incompletions due to great coverage.

I love Hausch, and there is no way anything is happening this season. We play it out. But we have to really look at this in the offseason. Can we find someone more reliable, I don’t know. But I’m worried about his leg, and mentally what place is he in.

thanks for taking the time to write up a nice summary. We all could write pages, I am still so hyped up I don’t want to go to bed 

I have to also say I have checked out a few afc east message boards just to read their thoughts and Josh is getting some pretty good praise after today. 

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life
  • Like (+1) 2

I'd like the Bills to focus on two things on defense going forward:

1. Coming out to play on the First Drive. It seems like teams have been able to go down and score on Buffalo on the first drive a few times this year. Honestly the Bills looked like they had no answers for the Cowboys for the First Drive

2. It improved throughout the game but tackling was a little bit of an issue in the first half

40 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

Didn’t read a word of this but go Bills!!!

You honestly should give it a shot. Was probably one of the best posts I've read on here. Solid write up Virgil. 

Edited by Gambit
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Great post!

I've been thinking, it's kind of been my assumption that the Bills are still a few players away from making a real run. 

But here's a hot take—

They already have all the players they need. They just need those players to play better. They need the draft picks they've already used and the cap space they've already spent on these players to play at the level they played today as their floor. 

They're doing it already. White, Allen, Singletary, Milano, Lawson, Oliver, Edmunds, Ford, Dawkins. 

That core of draft picks need to keep upping their game like they have been, and turn themselves into the stars this no-name anonymous Bills group into champions.

On to Baltimore. They are the AFC Championship game. Play like you're at that level. Then you have the Steelers, that's your wildcard game. Show what you can do. Patriots for the Division -- could steal the damn division. Jets as another practice wildcard game.

They're 9-3. Everyone is assuming they will make the playoffs at 10-6. But they could be 11-5, or, 12-4, or 13-3. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1