Darnold likes to party after a big win

Reed83HOF

45 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I would love the life of Derek Jeter until I was ready to settle.  

If I wasn’t at the level of Jeter...let’s say I was equivalent to Trent Murphy.  I wouldn’t have models and actresses in my Rolodex...it would be bartenders and Hooters waitresses.

You have to know your place.

Your Rolodex?????

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

Ha ha. Sure buddy. You are so wise and everyone on your family choose your partners so well it will NEVER happen to any of you. And I'm the one not to be taken seriously?

Of course some marriages last! And to be clear, I'm not against lifelong relationships, but against bringing the State as a 3rd partner with a super disadvantageous contract for one of the parties.. almost always the male. Again, look at the stats, it's women initiating divorces most of the time. Guess why. 

But go on. I'm sure all the guys that the wives divorced from all saw it coming or were all dumb as bricks, right? They deserved it, I suppose?

"My sister got married and all the priest could talk about was divorce, everyone is doing it"

Well that's taking it way too far ha ha. The priest shouldn't be the one saying so! And it's way too late by then. Wow. 

No, please don’t take me the wrong way here, or put words in my mouth. I’m NOT taking shots at you or those around you. I’m a middle ground guy.  I fully realize how common it is, but if grown ups take their time and do it right, the odds are much better. 

Some of our best friends have been divorced. It’s not a badge of dishonor. It happens.

But, YOU went to the absolute. NEVER. I strongly disagree. It’s the best thing that ever happened to me. 

Maybe if you marry a strong woman they are not there trying to take something from you. My wife and I went back and forth competing in pay for years. I’m getting older, and she has lapped me to the point that I can sleep in every morning. She is highly driven. She loves what she does, and we love our lives together. Communication and compromise is the key. 

Never say never. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I mean a 24 year old millionaire professional athlete?  Me and every single guy on here would do the same thing.  I wouldn't get married until I'm like 40.

Do you mean single guy as in "not married" or single guy as in "not in a relationship"?  'Cuz if the latter it's sort of a tautology....

JA seems to have a steady girl who is quite the looker.  Some single guys who are working super hard to succeed at their profession like it like that - you have someone you can take out and party when you want to, you don't need to spend time finding someone, you don't have to worry about if they're just after your money or social media clicks.  There's also something to be said for someone who supports your career and tries to help you "find an edge" with healthier food or Pilates or what have you, Lorenzo Alexander gives a lot of credit to his wife Manganique for helping him build and prolong his career.  And that's not "going there" with the love thaaang and the normal human need for emotional intimacy.

Others enjoy the chase and playing the field and going out and partying and and think that outweighs any disadvantages.  Until it doesn't (Shady)

Different strokes for different folks etc

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Do you mean single guy as in "not married" or single guy as in "not in a relationship"?  'Cuz if the latter it's sort of a tautology....

JA seems to have a steady girl who is quite the looker.  Some single guys who are working super hard to succeed at their profession like it like that - you have someone you can take out and party when you want to, you don't need to spend time finding someone, you don't have to worry about if they're just after your money or social media clicks.  There's also something to be said for someone who supports your career and tries to help you "find an edge" with healthier food or Pilates or what have you, Lorenzo Alexander gives a lot of credit to his wife Manganique for helping him bild and prolong his career.

Others enjoy the chase and playing the field and going out and partying and and think that outweighs any disadvantages.  Until it doesn't (Shady)

Different strokes for different folks etc

Josh’s girl is great and looks good for him.  I just would be different.  I wouldn’t settle down for a very long time if I was a young star.  I wouldn’t party like clubbing....just not my scene.  I would just casually date.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Josh’s girl is great and looks good for him.  I just would be different.  I wouldn’t settle down for a very long time if I was a young star.  I wouldn’t party like clubbing....just not my scene.  I would just casually date.

Totally fair, just making the point that I don't think it's what "every single guy" wants.  Some yes, some no.

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I’m sure you could have your name on your own personal table at Dave and Busters!!!!  Impress the ladies!  ?

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Totally fair, just making the point that I don't think it's what "every single guy" wants.  Some yes, some no.

You could be in my entourage.  You would be the guy that would say “okay it’s time to go home now” a lot.  And you would be the most important person in the group.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You could be in my entourage.  You would be the guy that would say “okay it’s time to go home now” a lot.  And you would be the most important person in the group.

That would be right after lunch, and then we’d have to find activities to keep you busy until dinner and bedtime. 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I would love the life of Derek Jeter until I was ready to settle.  

If I wasn’t at the level of Jeter...let’s say I was equivalent to Trent Murphy.  I wouldn’t have models and actresses in my Rolodex...it would be bartenders and Hooters waitresses.

You have to know your place.

My friend used to live in the same building on the upper east side as Jeter during the late 90s.  He would see him in the elevator with multiple ladies. Oddly though, he said they weren't always as attractive as you would expect.  He was more of a quantity over quality guy, at least in the early days...

38 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

My friend used to live in the same building on the upper east side as Jeter during the late 90s.  He would see him in the elevator with multiple ladies. Oddly though, he said they weren't always as attractive as you would expect.  He was more of a quantity over quality guy, at least in the early days...

He definitely got quality later on.  

I worked with a guy who was on the Real World.  Even he was pulling girls just because he was on TV.   We went out a few times and girls would walk up to him.  It was unfair.

8 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Oh Hell noes.  I'm the one home shakin' the sheets with the main squeeze while you guys be all wondering if you need more beer to make the ladies you're with more attractive, or the ladies need more Cosmos or bubbles to make you guys more attractive.  Eventually someone says "Hey, what happened to Hapless?  where did Hapless go?"  "Left 2 hrs ago"

I am an admitted lightweight, so if I were with you, could be so.

9 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I was an outfielder and WR.  I wasn’t even at the level of Zay Jones so even Hooters waitresses were out of my league.

I would be stuck with the Applebee’s waitresses.

ROTFL at visiting either of those venues enough to generalize/categorize waitress looks.   Hope you tipped well.

11 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I mean a 24 year old millionaire professional athlete?  Me and every single guy on here would do the same thing.  I wouldn't get married until I'm like 40.

I would also freeze a ton of my sperm and get a Vasectomy. No way you pinning that kid on me

• Haha (+1) 1

Why do people find it interesting that he does exactly what most ever other male his age does in his spare time?

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 1