Lindsey Graham - The Evolution of a Trump Cultist (But mostly continued Bob Obsession)

10 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Anyone here do the "Black Friday" shopping thing at the brick and mortars?

Never have, never will.  Black Friday is ALWAYS my favorite day of the year to be outside enjoying this beautiful world.

I used to rake leaves on BF and loved it.  This year will hike on Mt Tam with my kids.

11 hours ago, Cinga said:

Do you think it will snow in Denver for the game in Buffalo this week?

11 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Anyone here do the "Black Friday" shopping thing at the brick and mortars?

11 hours ago, westside2 said:

Not anymore. All my kids are grown. I just give them money so they can buy what they want.

11 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Just started the new Tom Clancy book... about what you'd expect so far. 

11 hours ago, KRC said:

Nope. There is no way in hell I am getting anywhere near stores from now until January.

10 hours ago, Wacka said:

Gary Busey (ours) - The evolution of a syphilis infection.

10 hours ago, row_33 said:

THANKS!  what did you earn?

it's for forensic accounting, not the most demanding of M's handed out, but it's been 20 years since my last foray into academics....  my reading has kept up all these years in life for things above my knowledge level....

research paper/theses out of the way thankfully...

quintinary symptoms?

such a thing?

Look, it’s another Trump ball licking fest. Typical cult behaviour. Losers! 

44 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Ha! I'm patiently waiting for the latest James Michener book to come out. It's called "New England".

Sup 3inch? Your wife still buying the mini pepperoni for an upgrade? 

Edited by thebug

40 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

When you think about it, a lot of the good Tom’s are dead. Jefferson, Clancy...Petty. Heck I even think McAn has kicked off. 

I probably only have a couple weeks left myself, if I'm lucky.

But I'm not that lucky, so probably longer.

11 minutes ago, thebug said:

CLEARLY not that lucky.  I had to live through this shitposting.

4 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I probably only have a couple weeks left myself, if I'm lucky.

But I'm not that lucky, so probably longer.

CLEARLY not that lucky.  I had to live through this shitposting.

You guys aren’t doing the same? Oh, you are “special.” 

10 hours ago, Gary Busey said:

I should delete the thread and restart it. Zero integrity and interest in the topic from anyone on the president's side

Bunch of trumptards in the cult down here. It is what it is. The big bad PPP. Joke! 

27 minutes ago, thebug said:

You guys aren’t doing the same? Oh, you are “special.” 

Bunch of trumptards in the cult down here. It is what it is. The big bad PPP. Joke! 

I think I'm the only one who really likes President Trump in earnest. I voted for him in the primary because he's awesome.

The rest only defend him because the attacks against him are so nonsensical that it offends their sensibilities. 

But none of that has anything to do with how silly it is that Nissan has a Black Friday event. I mean, the whole point of doorbusters is to take a loss on one item to get you in the door to buy more stuff that only appears to be a good deal. How many cars can you buy?

6 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

The Illustrated Man by Ray Bradbury

Is that the new one?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

I think I'm the only one who really likes President Trump in earnest. I voted for him in the primary because he's awesome.

The rest only defend him because the attacks against him are so nonsensical that it offends their sensibilities. 

But none of that has anything to do with how silly it is that Nissan has a Black Friday event. I mean, the whole point of doorbusters is to take a loss on one item to get you in the door to buy more stuff that only appears to be a good deal. How many cars can you buy?

Is that the new one?

Grab him by the puss buddy! 

Just now, thebug said:

Tell him that. 

That doesn't work.

You're saying President Trump is woke. That runs counter to what you're trying to say.

Don't rush. Take your time. You can do this.

If you can't think of anything clever just go to the well and call me a racist.

If you want to go next level, work that into something contextually related, like "white, privileged, and racist isn't the answer either."

Baby steps. You'll get there. I believe in you.

6 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

That doesn't work.

You're saying President Trump is woke. That runs counter to what you're trying to say.

Don't rush. Take your time. You can do this.

If you can't think of anything clever just go to the well and call me a racist.

If you want to go next level, work that into something contextually related, like "white, privileged, and racist isn't the answer either."

Baby steps. You'll get there. I believe in you.

Nope. That’s exactly what I meant. Trump is no racist. He has black friends. 

But he is dumb and a fat pig. 

You take the good
You take the bad
You take them both and there you have
The facts of life
The facts of life

When the world never seems
To be living up to your dreams
Then suddenly you're finding out
The facts of life are all about you

• Haha (+1) 2

20 hours ago, KRC said:

Reading anything good right now?

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. First piece of (bound) fiction I’ve read in quite some time. 

20 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Just not the same since the old days.  When Sears had American made tools and the jeans were not paper thin.  When you could walk into a Walden's Books and buy books 300 pages thick including pictures on most historical topics. When hot women wearing tight clothes was still novel.

Right. Now many middle aged woman with cottage cheese buttocks thinks it’s cool to wear yogi pants in public. :wallbash:

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Nanker said:

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. First piece of (bound) fiction I’ve read in quite some time. 

Right. Now many middle aged woman with cottage cheese buttocks thinks it’s cool to wear yogi pants in public. :wallbash:

Bound fiction? Sounds sort of kinky.

Slap a bagel on their butt, brew some coffee and have some breakfast.

16 hours ago, Rob's House said:

The older I get the less I care for snow, but I would like a white Christmas.

Rob, I don't know your past position on this but I wanted to reply to the tactic being used here and your post gave me an opening.

It seems ironic that the crowd that complained about college campus liberals preventing free speech (conservative speakers), calling them snowflakes, is doing the on-line equivalent now on PPP.  If not calling for opposition posters to be outright banned, these posters are essentially now shouting over their posts. 

Intellectual challenges are not only not welcomed, not just ignored, but are now not to be tolerated on PPP? 

So is this 'shout over' tactic now OK against conservative speech on campuses too?   Those campus libs will be glad to hear they were right all along.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bob in Mich said:

Rob, I don't know your past position on this but I wanted to reply to the tactic being used here and your post gave me an opening.

It seems ironic that the crowd that complained about college campus liberals preventing free speech (conservative speakers), calling them snowflakes, is doing the on-line equivalent now on PPP.  If not calling for opposition posters to be outright banned, these posters are essentially now shouting over their posts. 

Intellectual challenges are not only not welcomed, not just ignored, but are now not to be tolerated on PPP? 

So is this 'shout over' tactic now OK against conservative speech on campuses too?   Those campus libs will be glad to hear they were right all along.

The Intellectually dishonest award of the year goes to...............Bob in Mich!

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, RochesterRob said:

The Intellectually dishonest award of the year goes to...............Bob in Mich!

Care to explain that?  You may not like my positions but where are my posts dishonest?  Please, point some out so perhaps I can see where to improve my posting skills

And ignoring the substance of my post may be called dishonest.  You participated in the 'shout over'.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Bob in Mich said:

Care to explain that?  You may not like my positions but where are my posts dishonest?  Please, point some out so perhaps I can see where to improve my posting skills

And ignoring the substance of my post may be called dishonest.  You participated in the 'shout over'.

You mean like when you ignore the people who answer your posts and rather than respond you keep repeating the same (debunked) point while asking asinine questions? 

Or when you call people liars for simply having better facts and different analysis of events? 

Or when you lie for months about not having a position on Trump/Russia while spouting long debunked talking points?

Bob, that entire post was nothing but hypocrisy and projection... that you can’t see that only proves you’re an unmitigated asshat. 

If you weren’t an asshat, you’d realize the response to GarBear has nothing to do with not wanting to talk about the subject he posted — but about ignoring a poster who offers nothing down here and hasn’t for years. 

He’s a waste of carbon — and is rightfully ignored as such. It has nothing to do w conservatives or politics and everything to do w Gar’s track record as a troll. 

...Quick, ask about the surveillance tapes again. Or call someone a Russian bot. Those stupid questions laced with 2017’s NPC put downs really proves you’re a mighty intellect and not a mentally deficient stoner. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

No, Bob.

That’s not accurate.  What’s happening here is individuals are choosing not to engage with content they find poorly reasoned and nonsensical.

The content is permitted to exist, and anyone who wants to engage with it is free to.

It’s nothing like cancel culture, or the deplatforming that happens on campuses.  This would be like people who don’t care for a particular speaker choosing to not go to their events.

You have an absolute right to your dopey opinions, and to express them as you see fit.  You don’t have a right to make me care about them, treat them with respect or dignity, or to engage with them in any meaningful way.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

No, Bob.

That’s not accurate.  What’s happening here is individuals are choosing not to engage with content they find poorly reasoned and nonsensical.

The content is permitted to exist, and anyone who wants to engage with it is free to.

It’s nothing like cancel culture, or the deplatforming that happens on campuses.  This would be like people who don’t care for a particular speaker choosing to not go to their events.

You have an absolute right to your dopey opinions, and to express them as you see fit.  You don’t have a right to make me care about them, treat them with respect or dignity, or to engage with them in any meaningful way.

Nope. It would be like them showing up to the show to heckle the speaker. 

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

No, Bob.

I disagree.  This on-line 'shout over' tactic is doing the same thing as physically shouting over speakers.  After all, those speakers are being allowed to speak....just not being allowed to be heard. 

If you don't like a poster or don't wish to engage, simply don't post, as is the way a discussion board has typically functioned.  You know full well that this tactic is far more than not engaging.

1 minute ago, Bob in Mich said:

I disagree.  This on-line 'shout over' tactic is doing the same thing as physically shouting over speakers.  After all, those speakers are being allowed to speak....just not being allowed to be heard. 

If you don't like a poster or don't wish to engage, simply don't post, as is the way a discussion board has typically functioned.  You know full well that this tactic is far more than not engaging.

Bob, your statement is complete nonsense.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

The speakers words are allowed to stand.  They are not interrupted, and are always present in static form.

Sorry, Bob, but you’re wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thebug said:

Apparently it can. 

Apparently, you are clueless among other things.  You are completely free to respond to the notion of Lindsey Graham being a Trump Cultist and 99 percent of the time barring threats and vulgarity it is allowed to stand unedited.  You, Bob, and the other lefties are having a temper tantrum because we are not being forcibly kneeled down to kiss your collective behinds.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Garey's posts may be considered "intellectual" to you but his stupid schtick is more than ancient here and his message-less posts are at most only worthy of a good mocking. That's what happens when one posts as an idiot.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

The questions already been answered, but no one's de-platforming Gary nor is anyone shouting over him. He's still in here chirping along just like everyone else. It's just that no one wants to engage in a legitimate discussion with him because he's not a legitimate poster.

Gary is a troll. The first rule of trolling is you have to be interesting. He is not. He pollutes the board with bull ***** posts that even he does not believe add anything meaningful to the conversation. He just gets a kick out of being a pest.

The other part here is no one wants to have a real conversation in a thread started by him or Tibs because they are prone to deleting them once time proves them wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, RochesterRob said:

Bob, your statement is complete nonsense.

You would need to point out how.   By burying a poster's question or comment with nonsense posts, the nonsense posters are essentially keeping others from 'hearing' the opinion or question of the poster.  If the true intent was to ignore the poster or post, simply not posting, doing absolutely nothing, would be the way to do that.  This effort is beyond ignoring.

2 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Apparently, you are clueless among other things.  You are completely free to respond to the notion of Lindsey Graham being a Trump Cultist and 99 percent of the time barring threats and vulgarity it is allowed to stand unedited.  You, Bob, and the other lefties are having a temper tantrum because we are not being forcibly kneeled down to kiss your collective behinds.

?

8 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

That's funny, I've never seen you call out the liberals on campuses for shutting down Republicans just because they don't want to hear what they have to say. Your crying is pretty disingenuous. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Bob again is trying to control others' speech. 

Like a good fascist that he is.