Lindsey Graham - The Evolution of a Trump Cultist (But mostly continued Bob Obsession)

DR is usually on ignore for me.  Sometimes I read the occasional post just to see how far out there he has gone.  Dude is outta sight these days. 

Yeah, he knows he is on ignore and so likes to use that opportunity to appear to have the last and definitive word.  I have tried to take him off ignore several times but time after time, he proves he can't really control himself.  He cannot seem to disagree without badgering and insulting.  So, I put him back on ignore.

He has lost his objectivity.  He has fallen into the narrative that Trump was wronged by everyone that suspected there might be wrongdoing in his 2016 campaign.  His flawed logic seems to go that since Trump was wronged then and Mueller did not find sufficient evidence to bring any conspiracy charges, that the guy is a now proven saint.  The story goes that Trump was illegally investigated and so any future investigations are therefore also unwarranted and in fact, illegitimate attempts to overthrow the President.  I did mentioned flawed, right?

So, to summarize.....His opinions are facts.  Your facts are just ill informed opinions.  Basically he is too brilliant and his logic flawless.  No one knows more.  Since he puts in the most time on research, he must know the most truth.  No one else's sources of information are credible.  If a source was credible but now states anything negative against the President, they are now evil and no longer credible.

DR, as I have told you, I would rather not engage with you.  I have literally begged you many times to stop replying to me unless you are quoted.  YOU WILL NOT ABIDE BY THAT VERY REASONABLE REQUEST.   That is a little twisted and certainly not right, imo.  I should be allowed to carry on conversations with other posters without you interjecting yourself but your butting in regularly takes over the conversation.  YOUR REPLIES STIFLE THE REPLIES FROM THE OTHERS THAT I WISH TO CONVERSE WITH.   When I wish to interact with you, I will quote you.  Otherwise, assume I do not wish to hear from you.

You butt in and claim you know everything and no one else knows the real story.  That may or may not be the case but when adults are conversing and they have repeatedly asked you to stay out of their conversation, please do so.  While not public, the board is designed to allow posters to interact and have discussions.  Stop taking over every discussion on this topic..

You love to give advice.  Try listening to some for a change.  Stop acting like a know-it-all.  Stop butting in, even when you think you know more.  Others should be allowed to converse without your interjections.   Stop harassing those that disagree with you.  Please take that advice to heart.  I think it could help you to become a better poster.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bob in Mich said:

DR, as I have told you, I would rather not engage with you.  I have literally begged you many times to stop replying to me unless you are quoted.  YOU WILL NOT ABIDE BY THAT VERY REASONABLE REQUEST.   

Proving my point -- again. 

He's under no obligation to engage with me. But he can't resist -- and knows it -- so all he can do is demand to silence my speech. 

Because Bob is a fascist. 

Bob is a liar who claims to be waiting for all the evidence before deciding on Trump/Russia when he's already decided. 

Bob is someone who I was very patient with, for years, attempting to politely engage and share information with. But when that information ran up against his cognitive dissonance, Bob became hostile. 

Now, Bob is a fascist looking to silence speech because he doesn't have the intellectual capability to be honest, or to understand how badly he's been used and abused by the people he thinks are truth tellers. 

Don't be like Bob. Be better than a stoner fascist who thinks he's fighting in the resistance when all he's doing is being played by the same people who lied us into 18 years of endless war, lied to us about mass surveillance, and worked tirelessly to divide the country along every line imaginable (race, class, religion, partisanship) all the while pointing the finger at the other side. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He's under no obligation to engage with me. But he can't resist -- and knows it -- so all he can do is demand to silence my speech. 

Bob is a liar who claims to be waiting for all the evidence before deciding on Trump/Russia when he's already decided. 

Bob is someone who I was very patient with, for years, attempting to politely engage and share information with. But when that information ran up against his cognitive dissonance, Bob became hostile. 

Now, Bob is a fascist looking to silence speech because he doesn't have the intellectual capability to be honest, or to understand how badly he's been used and abused by the people he thinks are truth tellers. 

...is he the same Bob from Accountemps?....just askin'......sounds like a temp.....

I have begged you to NOT HELP ME, to simply leave me alone, to STFU.  You are full of crap.  Why would I want intellectual assistance from a fool?  That is why I have become hostile.  You won't leave me alone.  You are a ***** parasite.  Go away.

You have prevented me from enjoying this board because you can't let me post anywhere without interjecting.  Again, just interact with the fools that like your BS and leave me alone.  I think any other poster here would do that.  You are beyond obsessed dude.  You are ***** in the head.

The irony of the bolded above has to bring even your most ardent supporters here to a laugh.  You need some help.  Don't you have real life friends that recognize that you have gone off the deep end?   Maybe some 800 number or website could turn you around.  You need something.  You are ***** in the head, just in case you missed that point.

• Haha (+1) 1

You have prevented me from enjoying this board because you can't let me post anywhere without interjecting.  Again, just interact with the fools that like your BS and leave me alone.  I think any other poster here would do that.  You are beyond obsessed dude.  You are ***** in the head.

More trying to control my language. When all you have to do is ignore me. It's on you, not me, to tend to your own enjoyment. 

You post hostile, ignorant, and false information -- and I respond. It's how this board works. If you don't like it, there's an easy solution -- and that's for you to stop reading it. NOT to try to dictate to others when they can and cannot respond. 

***** off with that fascist garbage, Bob. You've turned into everything you claim to be against because you're weak minded. 

That's on you.

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

More trying to control my language. When all you have to do is ignore me. It's on you, not me, to tend to your own enjoyment. 

You post hostile, ignorant, and false information -- and I respond. It's how this board works. If you don't like it, there's an easy solution -- and that's for you to stop reading it. NOT to try to dictate to others when they can and cannot respond. 

***** off with that fascist garbage, Bob. You've turned into everything you claim to be against because you're weak minded. 

That's on you.

SHAME

SHAME ON BOB

SHAME

SHAME ON BOB

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

You've learned nothing this morning which is not surprising in the least.

gotta kinda envy that talent, at least  on a day off for you

geez, every day is a day off for him, probably the key...

26 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

DR is usually on ignore for me.  Sometimes I read the occasional post just to see how far out there he has gone.  Dude is outta sight these days. 

Yeah, he knows he is on ignore and so likes to use that opportunity to appear to have the last and definitive word.  I have tried to take him off ignore several times but time after time, he proves he can't really control himself.  He cannot seem to disagree without badgering and insulting.  So, I put him back on ignore.

He has lost his objectivity.  He has fallen into the narrative that Trump was wronged by everyone that suspected there might be wrongdoing in his 2016 campaign.  His flawed logic seems to go that since Trump was wronged then and Mueller did not find sufficient evidence to bring any conspiracy charges, that the guy is a now proven saint.  The story goes that Trump was illegally investigated and so any future investigations are therefore also unwarranted and in fact, illegitimate attempts to overthrow the President.  I did mentioned flawed, right?

So, to summarize.....His opinions are facts.  Your facts are just ill informed opinions.  Basically he is too brilliant and his logic flawless.  No one knows more.  Since he puts in the most time on research, he must know the most truth.  No one else's sources of information are credible.  If a source was credible but now states anything negative against the President, they are now evil and no longer credible.

DR, as I have told you, I would rather not engage with you.  I have literally begged you many times to stop replying to me unless you are quoted.  YOU WILL NOT ABIDE BY THAT VERY REASONABLE REQUEST.   That is a little twisted and certainly not right, imo.  I should be allowed to carry on conversations with other posters without you interjecting yourself but your butting in regularly takes over the conversation.  YOUR REPLIES STIFLE THE REPLIES FROM THE OTHERS THAT I WISH TO CONVERSE WITH.   When I wish to interact with you, I will quote you.  Otherwise, assume I do not wish to hear from you.

You butt in and claim you know everything and no one else knows the real story.  That may or may not be the case but when adults are conversing and they have repeatedly asked you to stay out of their conversation, please do so.  While not public, the board is designed to allow posters to interact and have discussions.  Stop taking over every discussion on this topic..

You love to give advice.  Try listening to some for a change.  Stop acting like a know-it-all.  Stop butting in, even when you think you know more.  Others should be allowed to converse without your interjections.   Stop harassing those that disagree with you.  Please take that advice to heart.  I think it could help you to become a better poster.

What other posters actually have conversations with you?

• Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

You have prevented me from enjoying this board because you can't let me post anywhere without interjecting.

It's probably useless to explain this to a devout liberal, but if you really feel like he's preventing you from enjoying the board, it's not on him to fix that. It's on you. Just use the ignore button and a little restraint and your problem is mostly solved.

Some people like to explain how they have some higher-ground reason for not using the ignore feature, and I have no idea why that is, but this board became immensely more enjoyable for me once I put idiots like Tibs and Busey and Qtip on ignore.  The intelligence factor skyrocketed because they are simply not educated enough to carry a conversation that hasn't been spoon fed to them.

Put DR on ignore and fix your own problem.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

It's probably useless to explain this to a devout liberal, but if you really feel like he's preventing you from enjoying the board, it's not on him to fix that. It's on you. Just use the ignore button and a little restraint and your problem is mostly solved.

Some people like to explain how they have some higher-ground reason for not using the ignore feature, and I have no idea why that is, but this board became immensely more enjoyable for me once I put idiots like Tibs and Busey and Qtip on ignore.  The intelligence factor skyrocketed because they are simply not educated enough to carry a conversation that hasn't been spoon fed to them.

Now you've gone and done it. Where is he going to find victimhood this good?

BTW, Jrober appeared when Qtip quit posting.

4 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

+100

life - 5% what happens and 95% how you deal with what happens.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

I ignore DR whenever possible but it doesn't really work all that well in practice.  I may try to start a conversation, say with you.  I post and ask your opinion.  In pops DR, explaining how Bob has already been given this answer and that Bob is dishonest and Bob is this and Bob is that and that Bob blah blah blah.  Anyone paying attention sees he has resorted to simply harassing at this point.    DR's harassing post nearly always stops the original participant from replying.  Not always but way too often.

DR admits he can't let me post without harassment but I am the one that is too controlling?   I don't think any poster would appreciate their every post followed up by harassment from an unstable, coke crazed fukstick.  I could be wrong.  What do you think?

Edited by Bob in Mich

I don't think any poster would appreciate their every post followed up by harassment from an unstable, coke crazed fukstick.  I could be wrong.  What do you think?

When you can’t argue fact — lie. 

The Bob way. 

Because Bob is a fascist asshat who does not have any clue what he’s talking about most of the times, and when he does, it’s inane, a half truth, or outright propaganda. 

25 minutes ago, row_33 said:

I noted fishing modestly back in the 1980s and wound up going before the Inquisition this week

?

Lucky for you it wasn't the Inquisition.  You'd be dead now. 

You failed completely and so obviously in trying to make up a bogus tale of your Canadian fishing past.  You got caught lying.

2 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

I ignore DR whenever possible but it doesn't really work all that well in practice.  I may try to start a conversation, say with you.  I post and ask your opinion.  In pops DR, explaining how Bob has already been given this answer and that Bob is dishonest and Bob is this and Bob is that and that Bob blah blah blah.  Nearly anyone paying attention sees he has resorted to simply harassing at this point.    DR's harassing post nearly always stops the original participant from replying.  Not always but way too often.

DR admits he can't let me post without harassment but I am the one that is too controlling?   I don't think any poster would appreciate their every post followed up by harassment from an unstable, coke crazed fukstick.  I could be wrong.  What do you think?

There is an ignore feature. Hover over the avatar, click "ignore user" and then what you want to ignore. Or,  go up to your profile (upper right on desk top or laptop), scroll down to "ignored users" and then just add a user to that list. 

You can choose to ignore posts, messages,  signatures, mentions,  and/or shoutbox. 

• Like (+1) 3

When you can’t argue fact — lie. 

The Bob way. 

Because Bob is a fascist asshat who does not have any clue what he’s talking about most of the times, and when he does, it’s inane, a half truth, or outright propaganda. 

I'm waiting for an Off The Wall thread from Bob on how he re-uses his bong water for his coffee maker, condensed soup, boiling vegetables, etc..

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

There is an ignore feature. Hover over the avatar, click "ignore user" and then what you want to ignore. Or,  go up to your profile (upper right on desk top or laptop), scroll down to "ignored users" and then just add a user to that list. 

You can choose to ignore posts, messages,  signatures, mentions,  and/or shoutbox. 

That common sense, rational solution to the issue is not enough for Bob.

He must silence others speech because he doesn’t like what they have to say. 

46 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

I ignore DR whenever possible but it doesn't really work all that well in practice.  I may try to start a conversation, say with you.  I post and ask your opinion.  In pops DR, explaining how Bob has already been given this answer and that Bob is dishonest and Bob is this and Bob is that and that Bob blah blah blah.  Nearly anyone paying attention sees he has resorted to simply harassing at this point.    DR's harassing post nearly always stops the original participant from replying.  Not always but way too often.

not really my place in this discussion but i feel the need to post a comment with regard to your stated position of pushing back against DR. in no way is this a comment towards DR or you in particular, just that it is apropos. it goes back to my previous comment in this thread.

when you give credence to something and continually try to push against it, you are empowering it. in doing so, you are giving it a certain degree of power over you. if you give something a degree of power, it then holds sway over you. remove that power and you will find the solace you are desiring.

the choice is yours.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I’ve ignored no one. I scroll past those I care not to hear from. Pretty damn easy. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

I resisted the urge for a long time because I want to hear what the opposition is saying, but I finally put Tibs on ignore and my board experience has improved dramatically.

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I’ve ignored no one. I scroll past those I care not to hear from. Pretty damn easy. 

That's how I've always operated, but I had to make an exception for Tibs. He posts so frequently I found myself wasting a lot of time reading troll posts before realizing they were his.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Bob identifies as a victim.  He can't do that if he ignores the people he thinks are victimizing him.  His psychology is really that simple.  DR isn't preventing Bob from enjoying the board.  Bob's enjoyment of the board is based in being a victim of DR's posts.  Bob's complaining is him telling us how much he's enjoying himself. 

Same way he no doubt used to enjoy being a victim of marijuana legislation, but now that it's becoming increasingly acceptable, he has to push it as a miracle snake-oil cure-all so he can be a victim of rational people's skepticism.

It's just Bob being Bob.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic proves why PPP is the best. 

@Bob in Mich on page one - “Just ignore Gary’s posts if you don’t want to engage in his discussion, don’t try to silence him!”

@Bob in Mich on page 6 - “I won’t just ignore @Deranged Rhino, he needs to be silenced, which is a totally different situation than the one from earlier because (liberal reasons/it personally involves me!!!!)”

Proving yet again, if you give a dummy enough rope down here, he’ll hang himself.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

What other posters actually have conversations with you?

To quote Allen Jackson:

I'm just a singer of simple songs
I'm not a real political man
I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you
The diff'rence in Iraq and Iran
But I know Jesus and I talk to Bob
And I remember this from when I was young
Faith, hope, and love are some good things He gave us
And the greatest is love

5 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

This topic proves why PPP is the best. 

@Bob in Mich on page one - “Just ignore Gary’s posts if you don’t want to engage in his discussion, don’t try to silence him!”

@Bob in Mich on page 6 - “I won’t just ignore @Deranged Rhino, he needs to be silenced, which is a totally different situation than the one from earlier because (liberal reasons/it personally involves me!!!!)”

Proving yet again, if you give a dummy enough rope down here, he’ll hang himself.

And I guess if you don't know what you are talking about, you make snarky, ill informed posts, just like yours.  You make your clever point by glossing over some pretty important details that make sense of the the apparent contradictory statements.  In both cases, the battle is against bullying tactics here.

If you have been following along, for the last month or two DR is on a harassment campaign against me personally.  If you doubt that, look for yourself.  If he is logged in here, which he appears to be about 22 hours a day, and I post in any thread, DR jumps in with an insult filled post attempting to ruin my question or comment.  I have begged him repeatedly to stop the harassment but he sees himself on some type of mission from God and my thoughts and words apparently cannot be seen by his congregation here.  I don't understand some mental disorders but it seems he has fears of losing his flock.  Obsessed does not begin to describe this guy.

In any other area of the board I suspect the mods would give him a time out.  He is on ignore for me and I would say I do in fact ignore about 90% of his posts.  As mentioned earlier though, since the other posters don't have him on ignore, his efforts to derail my participation very often work.

Earlier in this thread my discussion was about nonsense or flood posting, attempting to bully and silence posters.  I suggested to ignore rather than shouting down or bullying.  Although a completely different tactic, bullying is precisely DR's goal here too.   Simply putting him on ignore does not really solve the problem.

Edited by Bob in Mich

On 11/23/2019 at 2:36 PM, Chef Jim said:

no it isn’t...

bad posts by five ignored still can take up 90 percent of a page on responses

Then there is this Graham critique from that liberal rag, the National Review

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/11/lindsey-graham-gop-and-hypocrisy/

from the article

Can you imagine what Republicans would be saying, if the president and his crew were Democrats? We conservatives used to say of the Left, “If it weren’t for double standards, they would have no standards at all.” Maybe we need a taste of our own rhetoric.

6 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

from the article

Can you imagine what Republicans would be saying, if the president and his crew were Democrats? We conservatives used to say of the Left, “If it weren’t for double standards, they would have no standards at all.” Maybe we need a taste of our own rhetoric.

It’s not a left/right dichotomy.

It’s old guard never-Trumpers on both sides.

Your “but a bunch of big government neo-cons said!!!” trope is tired.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Bob in Mich said:

from the article

Once straws are outlawed you'll having nothing to grasp at.

• Haha (+1) 2