Lindsey Graham - The Evolution of a Trump Cultist (But mostly continued Bob Obsession)

4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Garey's posts may be considered "intellectual" to you but his stupid schtick is more than ancient here and his message-less posts are at most only worthy of a good mocking. That's what happens when one posts as an idiot.

You would know! 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

You would need to point out how.   By burying a poster's question or comment with nonsense posts, the nonsense posters are essentially keeping others from 'hearing' the opinion or question of the poster.  If the true intent was to ignore the poster or post, simply not posting, doing absolutely nothing, would be the way to do that.  This effort is beyond ignoring.

They should get down on their knees and thank us profusely for doing so.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

This effort is beyond ignoring.

Because a point is being made about how others view Gary's threads. 

His thread isn't messed with. No one prevents him from writing what he wishes, nor do they stop you from ignoring the others and only reading what Gary posts. 

You're terrible at this whole independent thinking and logic thing by the way... might want to bone up on those skills.

4 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

The questions already been answered, but no one's de-platforming Gary nor is anyone shouting over him. He's still in here chirping along just like everyone else. It's just that no one wants to engage in a legitimate discussion with him because he's not a legitimate poster.

Gary is a troll. The first rule of trolling is you have to be interesting. He is not. He pollutes the board with bull ***** posts that even he does not believe add anything meaningful to the conversation. He just gets a kick out of being a pest.

The other part here is no one wants to have a real conversation in a thread started by him or Tibs because they are prone to deleting them once time proves them wrong.

Rob, take a step back from arguing and look at what you are saying. 

Geez, can you see that there are lots of opinions here.  I hate many of them as do you and as does everyone.  This shout over tactic, is an attempt to bully and drive out other posters and opinions.  He may be a troll, IN YOUR OPINION.  I think a lot of posters that harass me are trolls too. 

Just don't respond rather than try to silence other opinions.

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Bob again is trying to control others' speech. 

Like a good fascist that he is. 

Bob could put all us conservatives on ignore and have an uninterrupted conversation with Gary, Tibs, and all the other lefties and he knows that.  He just wants to dominate and control like a fascist that he is.  Once again, Bob, intellectually dishonest.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bob in Mich said:

Geez, can you see that there are lots of opinions here.  I hate many of them as do you and as does everyone.  This shout over tactic, is an attempt to bully and drive out other posters and opinions.  He may be a troll, IN YOUR OPINION.  I think a lot of posters that harass me are trolls too. 

Keep on pushing those fascist talking points, Bob. Keep trying to silence those whose opinions you find insulting... there's nothing liberal, or progressive, or American about the position you're advocating for. But you're too wrapped up in your own delusions to understand that. 

Gary is not subjectively considered a troll. He's objectively a troll who adds nothing down here. He doesn't have conversations, and never has tried. He creates multiple accounts simply to ***** up the board. 

...Once again, you've chosen the wrong side of history. 

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

Bob could put all us conservatives on ignore and have an uninterrupted conversation with Gary, Tibs, and all the other lefties and he knows that.  He just wants to dominate and control like a fascist that he is.  Once again, Bob, intellectually dishonest.

100%

The solution to his problem is checking his own impulse control. 

But he can't do that, so he must infringe on others' because THEY'RE the problem, never him. 

14 minutes ago, westside2 said:

That's funny, I've never seen you call out the liberals on campuses for shutting down Republicans just because they don't want to hear what they have to say. Your crying is pretty disingenuous. 

So the 'shout over' tactic is now good with you?  You best hope you are never in the minority.  Mob rule baby!  

So the 'shout over' tactic is now good with you?  You best hope you are never in the minority.  Mob rule baby!  

What's being done here is "booing" the speaker, not preventing him from speaking. Do you see the difference?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Faulty reasoning at its most obviousness.  There is no permanent unity in a mob.  Everybody gets their's over time.  Which is to say people may stand with you today but may turn against you tomorrow even if your position remains unchanged.  And you want to be some kind of leader here..................?

9 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Rob, I don't want to control.  I was hoping for a reasoned discussion.  I try to limit the posters on ignore to serial insulters like DR and DCTom, not simply everyone with an opposing view..  I have some health issues and sometimes an online discussion can be a helpful distraction.

In fact, my point is that you nonsense poster are too controlling.  You nonsense posters are essentially bullying to shout down other posters and opinions because you don't like them.  You are trying to control the postings actually.

1 minute ago, Bob in Mich said:

There's a difference between silencing someone and making fun of him. 

If, due to the content of his opinions, he were banished from the site, or there was an organized effort to pressure others to ignore him lest they face consequences, I would have a problem with that. But that's not happening here.

To shout over someone is to prevent him from being heard. Gary's posts can still be read, and you don't have to go to some remote sub-board on an obscure site to find them. They're right here with everyone else's. He's just being made fun of for being an obnoxious douche.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

I disagree.  This on-line 'shout over' tactic is doing the same thing as physically shouting over speakers.  After all, those speakers are being allowed to speak....just not being allowed to be heard. 

If you don't like a poster or don't wish to engage, simply don't post, as is the way a discussion board has typically functioned.  You know full well that this tactic is far more than not engaging.

I am gonna agree with Bob, to an extent.  People can simply choose to ignore the troll-thread. The thread would die a quick death because it would only be the same five trolls (and their sock-puppets) posting in it. And, the more time they spend posting dumb ***** in the troll thread, the less time they have to post elsewhere. 

On the other hand,  if everyone is free to post here, well, stupid ***** should be allowed in the troll threads too. Goodness knows the trolls have no issues with posting ridiculous and horrible photos, memes, talking points, etc., in the serious threads.

So, in conclusion ?  I agree with Bob that the pragmatic solution would be to simply not post in the *****-stirrers threads, but I agree with everyone else that anyone has a right to post in any thread down here, including in the troll threads.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

What's being done here is "booing" the speaker, not preventing him from speaking. Do you see the difference?

If the booing is so loud that the speaker cannot be heard by the other attendees, then you are not only booing, you are shouting down the speaker. 

It is an attempt to bully and prevent the posters opinions or questions from being seen or answered.  I think anyone being honest would be able to admit that.

7 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

If the booing is so loud that the speaker cannot be heard by the other attendees, then you are not only booing, you are shouting down the speaker. 

It is an attempt to bully and prevent the posters opinions or questions from being seen or answered.  I think anyone being honest would be able to admit that.

Give it a rest, dude. 

I've broken out my violin and I'm playing a slow sad tune for Gary the troll getting made fun of on a message board.

• Haha (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I am gonna agree with Bob, to an extent.  People can simply choose to ignore the troll-thread. The thread would die a quick death because it would only be the same five trolls (and their sock-puppets) posting in it. And, the more time they spend posting dumb ***** in the troll thread, the less time they have to post elsewhere. 

On the other hand,  if everyone is free to post here, well, stupid ***** should be allowed in the troll threads too. Goodness knows the trolls have no issues with posting ridiculous and horrible photos, memes, talking points, etc., in the serious threads.

So, in conclusion ?  I agree with Bob that the pragmatic solution would be to simply not post in the *****-stirrers threads, but I agree with everyone else that anyone has a right to post in any thread down here, including in the troll threads.

Thank you for a reasoned reply.  I appreciate it.

I was just pointing out that the tactic is a type of bullying and that it will lead to silencing other posters and their opinions.  Is that good or bad?  Up to each to decide if they want to hear differing opinions or if they just want agreement from posters they like.

Oh, and I also wanted to point out a 'troll thread' is actually just your opinion.  It may not be viewed that way by others, like me for instance.

Edited by Bob in Mich

7 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

I was just pointing out that the tactic is a type of bullying and that it will lead to silencing other posters and their opinions.  Is that good or bad?  Up to each to decide if they want to hear differing opinions or if they just want agreement from posters they like.

You are coming at this with the assumption that those starting these threads are doing so in good faith.  I have called them troll threads for a good reason; they usually are threads trolling.

Another issue you may be unaware of is one of trolls down here *cough*Tibs*cough* has a bad habit of deleting threads that do not turn out quite like he originally expected.  Some decent information has been lost in these threads where good discussion, source materials, and excellent debate has gone on. It is disheartening to contribute to one of these threads only to have it go *poof!* months (or years) later.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

The "booing" is after the poster has been heard. No one is preventing the poster from posting his crap but he does get admonished for it. Why is this so hard for you to see?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

I don't think  that you thoroughly read her response which includes being able to post indiscriminate material in any thread if one chooses to do so.  You are lobbying that loony left threads be kept free from snarkiness while lefties should be free to completely chit bomb conservative leaning threads.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

You are coming at this with the assumption that those starting these threads are doing so in good faith.  I have called them troll threads for a good reason; they usually are threads trolling.

Another issue you may be unaware of is one of trolls down here *cough*Tibs*cough* has a bad habit of deleting threads that do not turn out quite like he originally expected.  Some decent information has been lost in these threads where good discussion, source materials, and excellent debate has gone on. It is disheartening to contribute to one of these threads only to have it go *poof!* months (or years) later.

I can see that would be frustrating.  I have a lot of good insult posts of DR that I would hate to lose.  lol

Again though, the easiest thing to do is not post in a thread or reply to a poster that you don't like or consider a troll.  Be best!      :)

4 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I don't think  that you thoroughly read her response which includes being able to post indiscriminate material in any thread if one chooses to do so.  You are lobbying that loony left threads be kept free from snarkiness while lefties should be free to completely chit bomb conservative leaning threads.  

But that's their MO. It's the only way they can try to level the playing field, since their ideas are such schitt.

11 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Oh, and I also wanted to point out a 'troll thread' is actually just your opinion.  It may not be viewed that way by others, like me for instance.

Gary is OBJECTIVELY a troll who adds nothing to this site. 

It’s not subjective — unless you’re being a dishonest asshat. 

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I really did not say that at all.  I don't think anyone should be shouted down, left, right, or center.   Post where ever you wish just admit that this tactic is actually an attempt to silence opinions you don't like.  On this type of board, one could more easily not read and/or not respond.  One man's troll thread may be another man's chance to vent with like minded posters.

Yes I know the original post is actually still present but once buried in pages of nonsense, the discussion and points get lost.  You know this.  If that is the type of discussion board the mob wants, that is what the mob will get.  Again, don't participate in mob bullying.  Be best

Edited by Bob in Mich

I really did not say that at all.  I don't think anyone should be shouted down, left, right, or center.   Post where ever you wish just admit that this tactic is actually an attempt to silence opinions you don't like.  On this type of board, one could more easily not read and/or not respond.  One man's troll thread may be another man's chance to vent with like minded posters.

Yes I know the original post is still actually still present but once buried in pages of nonsense, the discussion and points get lost.  You know this.  If that is the type of discussion board the mob wants, that is what the mob will get.  Again, don't participate in mob bullying.  Be best

Bob, the original post IS nonsense.  If that discussion interests you or is relevant to you then you are completely free to pursue it.  You have a choice in terms of not viewing content that you dislike which is use the ignore function.  All this aside what is truly bothering you?  Is there some socially liberal practice that you want to pursue or are already pursuing that is frowned upon by most of society?  Don't worry about it as long as it does not bring harm against another person or that you are making somebody engage in behavior that they normally would not engage in.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nanker said:

The evolution of a Busey:

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

If the real Busey could have only looked 30 years into the future from 1989 I am sure he would have been way more protective of his public image.  

3 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

When Bob started this line of discussion I thought he was on the level, but I'm beginning to wonder if he's posting from underneath a bridge.

I saw some hobo near the Transit Rd change up with I90.  Looked quite spacious under there.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Bob, the original post IS nonsense.  If that discussion interests you or is relevant to you then you are completely free to pursue it.  You have a choice in terms of not viewing content that you dislike which is use the ignore function.  All this aside what is truly bothering you?  Is there some socially liberal practice that you want to pursue or are already pursuing that is frowned upon by most of society?  Don't worry about it as long as it does not bring harm against another person or that you are making somebody engage in behavior that they normally would not engage in.  

I disagree with your first sentence and that is the point.  You may not, but I would enjoy discussing just what a worm Lindsey Graham has become.  If that is something not interesting to you, do not read or post in the thread. 

If you wish to participate in a mob like action to silence opposing views, you are free to do that.  Just be aware of the eventual impact and admit that you are bullying to silence opinions and stymie discussions that you don't like.

23 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

I know Republican Congressional integrity is hard to find these days.  Who do you think has the most integrity among Repubs in Congress?  At one time folks would have mentioned Lindsey in that discussion but I can't imagine his name ever being brought up again. 

Let's discuss!    Isn't he a real butt kisser?

lol

I disagree with your first sentence and that is the point.  You may not, but I would enjoy discussing just what a worm Lindsey Graham has become.  If that is something not interesting to you, do not read or post in the thread. 

If you wish to participate in a mob like action to silence opposing views, you are free to do that.  Just be aware of the eventual impact and admit that you are bullying to silence opinions and stymie discussions that you don't like.

Then you truly lack reading comprehension among other issues.  The title of the thread is to imply that Graham is some mindless devotee of Trump's which is not evident much less proven.  If you want to talk about being generally corrupt or part of the DC swamp then that discussion may have some merit and therefore worth pursuing by those who want to pursue it.  I'll admit that there is a lot I don't know about Graham but Graham being a long term part of the DC establishment make me think that he would be an Anti-Trumper as Trump would be a hindrance to his activities if fully unearthed.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Then you truly lack reading comprehension among other issues.  The title of the thread is to imply that Graham is some mindless devotee of Trump's which is not evident much less proven.  If you want to talk about being generally corrupt or part of the DC swamp then that discussion may have some merit and therefore worth pursuing by those who want to pursue it.  I'll admit that there is a lot I don't know about Graham but Graham being a long term part of the DC establishment make me think that he would be an Anti-Trumper as Trump would be a hindrance to his activities if fully unearthed.

Rob, opinions are like.....   Your stating an opinion on Graham, is just that, your opinion.  My opinion my differ.  A post you consider nonsense, I may not consider to be such. 

Why should your opinion (and resulting shout down actions) overrule the opinions of others here?   Why should the mob be encouraged to essentially ruin posts or to shout down opposing views?

4 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Rob, opinions are like.....   Your stating an opinion on Graham, is just that, your opinion.  My opinion my differ.  A post you consider nonsense, I may not consider to be such. 

Why should your opinion (and resulting shout down actions) overrule the opinions of others here?   Why should the mob be encouraged to essentially ruin posts or to shout down opposing views?

You've learned nothing this morning which is not surprising in the least.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Why are you hijacking this thread to pontificate about something other than the thread topic?

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Why should your opinion (and resulting shout down actions) overrule the opinions of others here?   Why should the mob be encouraged to essentially ruin posts or to shout

down opposing views?

It doesn't. No one opinion does. That's the point. You're too much of a fascist to understand people can tune out what they do not wish to engage with on their own, without the need to police others. 

Get bent, asshat.

5 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Why are you hijacking this thread to pontificate about something other than the thread topic?

Because he has nothing to offer this board. 

Just now, Bob in Mich said:

Pointing out how mob bullying can ruin threads and discussions, is quite relevant to this thread. 

Here's a tip -- if you're going to choose this hill to die on, get a better standard bearer than Gary who does nothing but bully and troll.