Singletary finishes with EIGHT rushing attempts

wiseman3

There's a list of reasons why we lost this one but this is top of the list for me. Feels like the Bills have been doing the same thing for 10+ years. We're against a team with a poor run defense and good pass defense so of course we lean on the pass for most of the game. The Bills are lacking elite talent in the pass game. Singletary is not elite but he can make plays happen. The offense should be running through him this year. I've been saying this for weeks. I mean we're throwing passes to freaking Andre Roberts.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

There's a list of reasons why we lost this one but this is top of the list for me. Feels like the Bills have been doing the same thing for 10+ years. We're against a team with a poor run defense and good pass defense so of course we lean on the pass for most of the game. The Bills are lacking elite talent in the pass game. Singletary is not elite but he can make plays happen. The offense should be running through him this year. I've been saying this for weeks. I mean we're throwing passes to freaking Andre Roberts.

Situational play calling...something dabol doesn't possess

Run the ball 30 plus times a game from multiple formations and packages...dabol not only doesnt run call as much as he should,he also isnt very creative in his run game...we run predominantly out of 2 or 3 different looks...its telegraphing everytime we do infact run it...maddening...no two back sets...little motion or misdirection...tosses?..screens seldomly called etc..dabol thinks he has the 99 rams team out there lmao

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, Conlan58 said:

Yes, but take Lee Smith off the damn field. He was a liability today.

Holding and false start calls every week.  In the NE game his inability to comprehend the play call caused the delay of game near the goal line with Barkley in late. 

Also, our PK has missed a FG attempt at the end of the 1st half in all three loses.  Plus the miss end of game today.  Very concerning.

8 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Holding and false start calls every week.  In the NE game his inability to comprehend the play call caused the delay of game near the goal line with Barkley in late. 

Also, our PK has missed a FG attempt at the end of the 1st half in all three loses.  Plus the miss end of game today.  Very concerning.

Yes lee smith needs to sit..also we have to find an answer to wallace..he is becoming a glaring weakness to go with interior rush defense

4 minutes ago, Charlottebillsfan2 said:

8 carries for 42 yards. 5.3 average 

Chubb

20 Carries 116 yards 5.8 average. 

Why is singletary not getting 20-25 carries a game?  It’s mind numbing that they are not trying to use the run to set up the pass and take pressure off of Allen.

Yet half the fans want to pin it on allen not growing and looking like a bust!....the kid is handcuffed by his playcalling...its allowing defenses to be even better prepared bc it takes the air of mystery out of the run or pass guesses...totally telegraphs our play calling..we only run out of three formations also lmao....sit dabol down!!...allen would look like a stud if set up by a competent coordinator

36 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

Many will flame me for saying this But Frazier is a liability also...is it any wonder why the d gets better between the 20's..frazier soft zones shrink and the d switches to a more natural attacking type defense....frazier refuses to play aggressive between the 20's on the field allowing teams to consistently get into scoring range...its almost a we will give them fg shots all day but defend the endzone......i dont like it and eventually with an offense piloted by someone of dabols pedigree that bend but dont break breaks when they can least afford to

This is the way the Bills defense is built.  They are about discipline, and not letting up big plays.

They aren't going to get lots of sacks or turnovers.  But at the end of the day, they aren't going to let up many points either.

So far, they have allowed less than 20 points in 7 of their 9 games.

They have allowed less than 24 points (around the league average) in 8 of their 9 games.

Fans can complain that every drive isn't 3-Out, and the defense occasionally get gashed for some yards.

But their side of the ball is a winning recipe.  It's the offense which isn't doing it's job.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

Multiple posters are saying we lack identity. That’s not true at all. We have an identity. It’s a team that throws the ball and sprinkles in the run. That’s not the identity we need but it’s and identity. 

Only remedy is get rid of that formula...and that formula is dabol 

1 hour ago, wiseman3 said:

8 rushing attempts against the 30th ranked D against the run, and 41 pass attempts against the 4th ranked D against the pass. Daboll needs to go

Gee ya think. He's sucked the life out of JA all year but in the tradition of Peterman,  our Devine leader Saint Clappy will do nothing. 

35 minutes ago, suorangefan4 said:

Like I said in another post. When you're not winning on first and second down with the run like the running game wasn't doing in the second half then you're not going to get a lot more runs.

Running game:  14 carries for 56 yards = 4.0 yards per attempt

Passing game: 41 attempts for 266 yards = 6.5 yards per attempt. 

There was also a 35-yard PI call which is basically a 35-yard completion. 1 sack for -6 yards. So really 43 drop backs for 295 yards = 6.86 yards per passing play

So passing the ball averaged 6.86 yards per play while running the ball averaged 4.0 yards per attempt. But for some reason Buffalo fans are obsessed with running a lot. This is like I said in another post that people act like a 3 or 4 yard run is better than a 6 or 7 yard pass for some reason.

Play calling is an art.  It's not just about yards per attempt.

It's also about establishing rhythm and keeping the defense off balance.

When you are successful at running the ball, it causes linebackers to hesitate on play-action.  It pulls safeties closer to the line of scrimmage and opens up deep throws.  It slows down the pass rush.  

The Bills offense is one-dimensional, and much of it is Daboll's fault.  We are unwilling to stick with the run game, and unable to hit the deep pass.  Which makes defending everything else much easier for our opponents.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

The line doesn't run block well. Gore is slow and aging every week.

Cutting McCoy was dumb. Making Morse highest paid center in the league is another overpayment by Beane. 

McCoy was a healthy scratch today FWIW. McCoy isnt missed and Singletary is criminally underutilized. Why?

Bottom line daboll needs to go ...he has never been in charge of an even middle of the pack offense...greenbay has Aaron fricking Rodgers behind center ..yet Carolinas weakness is against the run just like the browns ...they have run rhe ball 21 times so far and the games not finished Rodgers has attempted 20 passes if daboll had called a balanced gameplan today fine I could live with that ..but to rush only what less than 15 times ? All game..this is an issue I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt when hired..I rationalized that he had been given very poor starting QBs in Anderson or Brian hoyer ? I think etc and yet here we are again two years around ranked bottom of the league in offence .

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, wiseman3 said:

8 rushing attempts against the 30th ranked D against the run, and 41 pass attempts against the 4th ranked D against the pass. Daboll needs to go

Daboll needs to go.  Allen needs to be replaced.  Both are problems.   Right now, getting rid of Daboll will help.  Get motor the ball.  And Allen needs to fins his open WR’s and actually throw with accuracy when he does.