Graphic: best selling recording artists 1969-2019

PromoTheRobot

32 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Wait, what - no Motorhead?!?

I demand a recount!

Ace of Spades is a top ten album for many of us

38 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

For all the love Michael Jackson gets, he was the neon-bright turning point in that graphic.

Thriller came out before 1984

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

That moment you forget that god awful George Michael and Garth Brooks were actually popular at one point.  Eminem had a more impressive run than I thought.  No Pearl Jam or Green Day was surprising.

have you forgotten Garth’s rock and roll alter-ego Chris Gaines and the publicity hype around the album and accessories?

4 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

1983 wasn't it?

Released Nov 30, 1982, the timing of it becoming huge in people’s lives varied after that date

5 hours ago, row_33 said:

have you forgotten Garth’s rock and roll alter-ego Chris Gaines and the publicity hype around the album and accessories?

Released Nov 30, 1982, the timing of it becoming huge in people’s lives varied after that date

Thriller was big in clubs back then. I remember huge wall size projector videos playing. I was 19. 

1 hour ago, Rocket94 said:

Thriller was big in clubs back then. I remember huge wall size projector videos playing. I was 19. 

Thriller was a total cultural takeover, maybe the last one of its ilk in music?

It was my senior year in HS, i grew too old to care much about Top 40 shortly thereafter