Jason Whitlock may be on to something..

Protocal69

I don't always agree with Whitlock but he might have just sealed it for me that McDermott is the coach to lead us to the top and Whitlock doesn't even know it.

Listen at the 11:10 mark if the video is not coded at that mark.Mark Schlereth took it home. All I could think of was McDermott. I think they are right.

#Keepthefaith

Edited by Protocal69
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

You mean a team first guy, someone who puts players on the team that care for each other like a brotherhood.  Want to be there for each other.

If faith is that then so be it.  The Christian part is a plus.  I’ve been with brothers overseas and we were a family without having religious faith but faith in each other.  

Culture is everything.  Culture is the word your looking for.  Just my 2 cents.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JinxedBill said:

You mean a team first guy, someone who puts players on the team that care for each other like a brotherhood.  Want to be there for each other.

If faith is that then so be it.  The Christian part is a plus.  I’ve been with brothers overseas and we were a family without having religious faith but faith in each other.  

Culture is everything.  Culture is the word your looking for.  Just my 2 cents.

Well you are right the faith does not have to come from religion but sometimes the religion is what bring the people together but the main ingredient is the faith and that come from many sources, religion being one of them. Talent is important but it definitely not end all be all.  

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, SlimShady'sGhost said:

sorry  What a waste of time even skipping 10 minutes 

I should have read the hashtag and known

God and faith has nothing to do with football.  Just ask Tim Tebow.  

Tim Tebow was not the coach, nor did he have talent. If you think faith in your coaches and teammates does not matter then I don't know what you say. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, stuvian said:

ernest-angley-98b6d1c8-ccf3-41fd-8180-86

ernest angely)

8 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

Tim Tebow was not the coach, nor did he have talent. If you think faith in your coaches and teammates does not matter then I don't know what you say. 

Tim Tebow had tons of talent---Just not at QB. Ive seen High School QBs with much stronger arms

He coulda been a pro bowl TE or Fullback.

Religion is one of mankind’s oldest ways to unite, galvanize and Sheppard people.

Religious people by definition are willing to put their faith and belief in something (that no matter what you belive isn’t easy to prove) and those same people allow the rules of that construct dictate their habits and lives. That probably coincides with very coachable team oriented personalities. 

• Like (+1) 1

Forget about religion.  Schlereth hit the nail on the head.  When the players believe that the coach truly cares about them, you have a true leader.  Religion or "faith" is just a vehicle.

And yes, I believe McD is such a coach.

• Like (+1) 17
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Tcali said:

ernest angely)

Tim Tebow had tons of talent---Just not at QB. Ive seen High School QBs with much stronger arms

He coulda been a pro bowl TE or Fullback.

Right. When I said talent it should have obvious I was referring QB. I always thought it was funny that for a guy who said he loves football  that he thought that he was too good to play any other position.

21 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Religion is one of mankind’s oldest ways to unite, galvanize and Sheppard people.

Religious people by definition are willing to put their faith and belief in something (that no matter what you belive isn’t easy to prove) and those same people allow the rules of that construct dictate their habits and lives. That probably coincides with very coachable team oriented personalities. 

Someone saying that they are a Christian or religious is one thing and believing in God is another, but following through is the key and it is a battle!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Religious people also seem to go out of their way to pat themselves on the back for their faith.  I've met too many crappy people that use their faith as an example of why they are not crappy people. I have met too many people of faith that hate people that are different than them.  This thread will get shut down but I want to be on the record before it does that in my experience I have met more awful people that say God comes first than almost any other group.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

28 minutes ago, eball said:

Forget about religion.  Schlereth hit the nail on the head.  When the players believe that the coach truly cares about them, you have a true leader.  Religion or "faith" is just a vehicle.

And yes, I believe McD is such a coach.

100%

For those that dont believe that "culture" isnt a real thing, as I've said before and I will continue to say it, you've never been deeply ingrained or truly part of a successful organization or program.

It's real and it starts from the top and built from those that surround it.

• Like (+1) 3

43 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Using Tim Tebow out of the tens of thousands of NFL players who have strong faith and belief in God who proclaim it and live by it and have/had highly successful careers is on its own about as weak an argument as I have ever heard for a counterpoint. The definition of faith is simply "the substance of things hoped for". Maybe consider  looking up words you don't know the meaning of but think you do would be helpful.

10 minutes ago, blitzboy54 said:

Religious people also seem to go out of their way to pat themselves on the back for their faith.  I've met too many crappy people that use their faith as an example of why they are not crappy people. I have met too many people of faith that hate people that are different than them.  This thread will get shut down but I want to be on the record before it does that in my experience I have met more awful people that say God comes first than almost any other group.  

Yeah I agree. Some religious people put themselves on a pedestal and think that they are better than everyone else. Like I'm a Christian but a normal one meaning, if I want to have a beer or listen to heavy rock music or lust over hot girls then I most certainly will. 

• Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I think you missed the point.  See @eball comment a few below yours.  I'm not particularly religious, but the Whitlock is worth listening to on this...

51 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Tim Tebow was supposed to be born with such deformities his parents were told to abort him.   Id say he did ok and faith played a huge part in how fair he made it with limited ability.  He was an incredible leader.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, blitzboy54 said:

"Crappy" or "Awful" people come from all walks of life. And for those that come from religious perspectives, it is not their religious beliefs that make them awful people. They are awful people who distort their religious beliefs to fit their own psychology. 

• Like (+1) 4