Sunday Nite Football Patriots*** at Ravens 8:20 ET NBC

4 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Let’s hope Lamar doesn’t stop at such lofty heights that Tyrod set.

It’s an odd guy to hate on when Orton pretty much was the same guy (42-40 in his career). They played differently but were similarly effective. Decent bridge QBs that won more than they lost.

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s an odd guy to hate on when Orton pretty much was the same guy (42-40 in his career). They played differently but were similarly effective. Decent bridge QBs that won more than they lost.

Orton supplanted EJ which made him look like Elway by comparison.

TT was mediocre, rendered more and more ineffective until he lost his job. He is an odd paragon of how efficiency wins in the NFL.

Also I refuse to compare Wilson to Lamar because while they share some commonality, Wilson is the next Brady-tier QB without the rings. What Wilson has done his career and over the last 5 years is remarkable. He will go down as one of the greatest QB’s of all time. I won’t compare anyone to him.

Edited by BringBackOrton

37 minutes ago, Locomark said:

until he gets broken in half running those options......his throwing stats mimic Josh's and he really doesnt have the passing skills of Josh. But his mobility is next level. The question is does he become Russell Wilson or Mike Vick?

Umm what stats are you looking at that suggest that he doesn’t have the passing skills of Josh?

For that matter what passing skills does Josh even have? Unless you’re counting consistently overthrowing streak routes by 10 yards as a skill?

Again I’m not bashing Josh but at this point in their careers anyone who would take Josh over Lamar is a compete homer or a compete moron. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, buffalobillswin said:

Umm what stats are you looking at that suggest that he doesn’t have the passing skills of Josh?

For that matter what passing skills does Josh even have? Unless you’re counting consistently overthrowing streak routes by 10 yards as a skill?

Again I’m not bashing Josh but at this point in their careers anyone who would take Josh over Lamar is a compete homer or a compete moron. 

I’m not certain if I’d take Allen over Lamar, but I’d take Jackson with the Ravens personnel vs Jackson on the Bills. 

19 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Orton supplanted EJ which made him look like Elway by comparison.

TT was mediocre, rendered more and more ineffective until he lost his job. He is an odd paragon of how efficiency wins in the NFL.

Also I refuse to compare Wilson to Lamar because while they share some commonality, Wilson is the next Brady-tier QB without the rings. What Wilson has done his career and over the last 5 years is remarkable. He will go down as one of the greatest QB’s of all time. I won’t compare anyone to him.

I agree on Wilson 100%. If I could start an NFL team today with 1 player I am taking Wilson. He will be 31 this month but I think he has 6-8 years of elite play left in him. There are guys like Watson and Mahomes that have to be considered but I’ll take the known, consistent level of excellence from  RW.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I agree on Wilson 100%. If I could start an NFL team today with 1 player I am taking Wilson. He will be 31 this month but I think he has 6-8 years of elite play left in him. There are guys like Watson and Mahomes that have to be considered but I’ll take the known, consistent level of excellence from  RW.

I'm taking Mahomes. 

8 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

The Pats are able be run on. (Although that move by Jackson was scary! ) the simple fact is outside of the Ravens no other team has the patience just to run the ball constantly.. Even the Ravens would have probably lost if Edelman doesn’t fumble. (That’s a 14 point swing.)  But yes they suck against the run.. but there is no other team left that scares me for running like them.. I mean Option plays etc  like a college offense. 

Poor take...And if the Ravens didn’t fumble twice and the ref doesn’t overturn a NewEngland fumble that had no clear evidence they may have added 21 onto the victory so there’s that....

23 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He’s somehow still underrated. Like I know there are multiple MVP candidates but they are 7-2 in a tough division and he has thrown 22 TD’s to 1 INT. He’s so good every week it’s gross.

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think he would certainly be the most popular pick. He’d be 2 for me and Watson 3 but Wilson is just the guy that I know can do it consistently, stays healthy and has won on the biggest stage. He should have 2 rings.

Well I like him too of course. Amazing player and has been that way consistently since the day he stole the job from Matt Flynn, in other words since the day he first walked onto an NFL practice field. 

8 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Dumbest play call in the history of dumbest play calls.

I've never fully agreed with this. Marshawn was terrible at the goal line all season and was never really a big TD producer. You've got an excellent, savvy QB and you're thinking you'll catch them off guard or a lane will open for Wilson. The result was catastrophic, but the call itself was fine IMO. What if they smashed the ball up the middle 4 times and got stuffed? Imagine the criticism THAT would garner. If you run on first and second and don't get it, you know full well they're gonna be expecting pass on 3rd and/or 4th. 

I understand the rationale of those who disliked the call; hand the ball off and get a yard. I just don't think it's that simple.

4 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I've never fully agreed with this. Marshawn was terrible at the goal line all season and was never really a big TD producer. You've got an excellent, savvy QB and you're thinking you'll catch them off guard or a lane will open for Wilson. The result was catastrophic, but the call itself was fine IMO. What if they smashed the ball up the middle 4 times and got stuffed? Imagine the criticism THAT would garner. If you run on first and second and don't get it, you know full well they're gonna be expecting pass on 3rd and/or 4th. 

I understand the rationale of those who disliked the call; hand the ball off and get a yard. I just don't think it's that simple.

Lynch was the likely SB MVP winner if they won. He was playing great that night.   They should have tried at least once. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think he would certainly be the most popular pick. He’d be 2 for me and Watson 3 but Wilson is just the guy that I know can do it consistently, stays healthy and has won on the biggest stage. He should have 2 rings.

Wilson is under appreciated

He's really really good

20 hours ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Poor take...And if the Ravens didn’t fumble twice and the ref doesn’t overturn a NewEngland fumble that had no clear evidence they may have added 21 onto the victory so there’s that....

Wow! No clear evidence? His elbow was down in every angle making him down so ya clear evidence... 

outside of that True if the Ravens don’t fumble who knows what the score be like..  the refs were not horrible outside of that extremely bad miss pick call on 4th and 1 but it is what it is.. one loss and I’m not worried about a playoff rematch..  Lamar a run first QB whose throws don’t scare anyone.