Gameday Thread Bills vs. Redskins

Chandler#81

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I say use Singletary in the way the panthers use Mccaffrey and watch the offense change 

I agree.  Now it's possible that Singletary isn't able to carry the load but we have to find out.  If he's not up to it then we have a glaring need in the draft/free agency market.  If he is the guy, and there's been a couple of recent 3rd round RB picks who were studs in their rookie years, then we can focus on others areas in the off season.

But let's not forget the horrific Bills screen stats.  For ALL screen plays this season (includes BOTH conventional RB screens & TE/WR screens) the Bills are 11/16 for 34 yards.  And the 5 incompletes were NOT bad Allen passes but deliberate throwaway's and drops.  Looking at these stats I don't know what's worse the terrible production or the anemic amount of times the Bills even attempted screen plays.

My concern is that the Bills aren't trying screen passes because their O-line can't get out and block for them effectively.  What other explanation is there for attempting only 2 per game? 

But yea lets put a 15 - 20 touch load on Singletary today and see what happens.  My guess is that good things we'll happen but we need to know one way or the other.

4 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I agree.  Now it's possible that Singletary isn't able to carry the load but we have to find out.  If he's not up to it then we have a glaring need in the draft/free agency market.  If he is the guy, and there's been a couple of recent 3rd round RB picks who were studs in their rookie years, then we can focus on others areas in the off season.

But let's not forget the horrific Bills screen stats.  For ALL screen plays this season (includes BOTH conventional RB screens & TE/WR screens) the Bills are 11/16 for 34 yards.  And the 5 incompletes were NOT bad Allen passes but deliberate throwaway's and drops.  Looking at these stats I don't know what's worse the terrible production or the anemic amount of times the Bills even attempted screen plays.

My concern is that the Bills aren't trying screen passes because their O-line can't get out and block for them effectively.  What other explanation is there for attempting only 2 per game? 

But yea lets put a 15 - 20 touch load on Singletary today and see what happens.  My guess is that good things we'll happen but we need to know one way or the other.

The screen passes are definitely an issue, but McCaffrey is used in so many ways out of the backfield and split out wide. Letting the best player for YAC get the ball as much as possible is just smart. So far, that has been Singletary.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, stosh64 said:

Damn straight!

Revenge of the Buffalo's against those RedSkin's

To be fair, the Buffalo’s really should be seeking revenge against the white man. I don’t recall any tales of Native Americans shooting Buffalo out of trains and leaving them to waste. Just saying....

• Sad 1

Just now, MiltonWaddams said:

To be fair, the Buffalo’s really should be seeking revenge against the white man. I don’t recall any tales of Native Americans shooting Buffalo out of trains and leaving them to waste. Just saying....

Really, you had to go there?

SMH

Its Bills game day, we are playing the Redsk...   ahhh never mind.

You do you  #Woke

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, stosh64 said:

Really, you had to go there?

SMH

Its Bills game day, we are playing the Redsk...   ahhh never mind.

You do you  #Woke

Perhaps I should’ve just insinuated that the Redskins were not our natural enemies. Patriots seem more apropos

Edited by MiltonWaddams

1 minute ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Perhaps I should’ve just insinuated that the Redskins were not our natural enemies. Patriots seem more apropos

This week they ARE our enemies.

You can cheer for them if it helps your feelz

• Like (+1) 1

Yes! I've been advocating for having both Foster and McKenzie active on the same day and actually USING them both for a while now. This offense needs more explosiveness. If they wind up starting Brown and Foster on the edges, with Beasley and McKenzie in the slot, I'm gonna be thrilled. Love it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I told some Bears fans in Chicago last week that Bills fans cannot stand the Patriots or their fans. Their response? Why? What do you mean why! I had to spell it out to them!

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Original Pancake House?

Fan-bloody-tastic. I usually get whatever the omelet special is plus a side of the seasonal pancakes and pea meal bacon.

Take the family there once a week on average; kids eat free after 4pm.

I love that place, for the longest time I didn't know they were a nationwide chain.

Their Apple Pancake is to die for.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

9 minutes ago, Logic said:

Yes! I've been advocating for having both Foster and McKenzie active on the same day and actually USING them both for a while now. This offense needs more explosiveness. If they wind up starting Brown and Foster on the edges, with Beasley and McKenzie in the slot, I'm gonna be thrilled. Love it.

?

23 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

I hope they give them a good beat down! Especially after last week...get it out of their system.

Absolutely, I want to see a clear cut dominant win today.

I want to see an angry Bills team come out and make-up for that awful display last week.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Absolutely, I want to see a clear cut dominant win today.

I want to see an angry Bills team come out and make-up for that awful display last week.

Yes! Time for a good, clear cut, no doubt about it win. This team needs it. Too many close games. 

• Like (+1) 1

It’s our weather, again.  Redskins practiced indoors all week. Rookie QB with limited knowledge and fighting through nerves..  no excuses today.  Make plays and dominate.  

But something tells me the game will be closer than we all want or expect it to be.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, zow2 said:

It’s our weather, again.  Redskins practiced indoors all week. Rookie QB with limited knowledge and fighting through nerves..  no excuses today.  Make plays and dominate.  

But something tells me the game will be closer than we all want or expect it to be.

That seems to be the theme this year. 

The Redskins declared the following players as inactive:

• No. 8 QB Case Keenum
  • No. 22 S Deshazor Everett
  • No. 25 RB Chris Thompson
  • No. 35 S Montae Nicholson
  • No. 47 Aaron Colvin
  • No. 67 G Wes Martin
  • No. 85 TE Vernon Davis

Redskins.com

Edited by stosh64