Deadspin is dead

Just Jack

6 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

They got very political and very anti-conservative. I had to stop reading it cause their articles turned from mostly sports to mostly liberal talking points

Yeah, because all we need is more tin foil hat Pravda-like conservative conspiracy stories.

?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I feel like Deadspin is primarily responsible for bringing Bills fans' idiotic table slamming ways to the national spotlight.  They were definitely the ones who broke the "drinking from girl's butt," story.

Did they create "Bills Mafia?"

Na, it was barstool that would endless play the dumb table breaking videos. They should get the credit. 

2 hours ago, Rob's House said:

Like the saying goes:

Get woke, go broke.

Amen. If you want to get political do it on your own personal facebook or twitter account.  These idiots that don't take instructions from people paying their salaries are amazing.  If getting political made the site $$$ the owners would allow it.  If it costs them money (which it was doing) they don't allow it. This is not rocket science. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsDude said:

So you do not think Republicans use sports for their anti-liberal and pro-conservative talking points?  

They do. People just like to ignore that part on this site. 

2 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Leftspin has been a joke for years. Had to stop reading when every article just was crying about Trump, Barstool and calling everyone that didn’t agree with them racist.

Go Bills!!!!

They weren’t wrong....

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

Amen. If you want to get political do it on your own personal facebook or twitter account.  These idiots that don't take instructions from people paying their salaries are amazing.  If getting political made the site $$$ the owners would allow it.  If it costs them money (which it was doing) they don't allow it. This is not rocket science. 

that’s objectively not true.  Their non-sports stories did drive in a ton of traffic.

and deadspin was bringing in a ton of traffic until the writers left on their own terms.

7 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

They got very political and very anti-conservative. I had to stop reading it cause their articles turned from mostly sports to mostly liberal talking points

Yes. And Deadspin's parent company recognized the problem. So the parent company came out with an edict "Do write unless it's about sports, no non-sports content is allowed."

So all the pansy writers and editors just up and quit. I think they thought they could blackmail the company to allow politics again.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/deadspin-staff-resigns-en-masse-amid-revolt-over-sports-only-policy?via=twitter_page

Edited by boater

4 minutes ago, boater said:

Yes. And Deadspin's parent company recognized the problem. So the parent company came out with an edict "Do write unless it's about sports, no non-sports content is allowed."

So all the pansy writers and editors just up and quit. I think they thought they could blackmail the company to allow politics again.

such a pansy thing to quit over your beliefs.  Real cowards.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, BillsDude said:

So you do not think Republicans use sports for their anti-liberal and pro-conservative talking points?  

Ridiculous comparison.

The journalistic profession--I'm a former reporter--has been taken over by holier than thou liberals who've given up the mission of unbiased reporting. They can't even hide it from a damn sports website. I don't even consider myself a Republican but it should be obvious to anyone.

Old men complaining about undereducated, coddled millionaires kneeling for the anthem is not in the same ballpark of this discussion. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Good to see the employees had the brass to tell management to piss off, and take down the company when management got out of hand. Good on them!!! We could sure use a hell of a lot more of that in good ole Murcia . Hope the employees open back up on their own. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

Maybe the lesson that was learned by ESPN and deadspin will be heeded by others - keeps sports and politics separate.

im not even sure that’s the lesson, so much as he who signs the paychecks gives you your working orders.

they could’ve generally intertwined the two, under different leadership 

1 minute ago, Don Otreply said:

Good to see the employees had the brass to tell management to piss off, and take down the company when management got out of hand. Good on them!!! We could sure use a hell of a lot more of that in good ole Murcia . Hope the employees open back up on their own. 

Lol!  The same private equity-types that came in to stripmine Deadspin will probably rush to finance a new startup by the former staffers.   

What a world we live in...

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

Conservatives find liberal boogeymen wherever they go these days. 

Hot tip: reality has a liberal bias

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Jdragon2 said:

They weren’t wrong....

And that’s why their site is thriving 

Actual professional journalist don’t let the views reflect their work, they were all hacks and now they have no jobs

Edited by uticaclub
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2