Jets looking to deal L Bell

FluffHead

As usual it depends on the return but if either team is willing to part with Bell or Gordon for a mid round pick I would do it - because either one makes our team better and Gore is on a one year deal and trending toward 200 carries which is too many for him.  I also think Singletary is a nice complement to either one. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Uh...yeah....look how he transformed the Jets!   No thanks to the $14m running backs.

This is hilarious. 

I agree that Bell hasn't been stellar for the Jets, but there's only so much even he can do on a team trotting out a practically makeshift O line and a HC that apparently thinks running the ball is the way the devil gets inside you

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

As usual it depends on the return but if either team is willing to part with Bell or Gordon for a mid round pick I would do it - because either one makes our team better and Gore is on a one year deal and trending toward 200 carries which is too many for him. 

Bell is better than Gordon and signed for the next 3 years with $13m in guarantees.  Gordon is gonna cost at least that much to re-sign.  Jets will get a 2nd rounder or better for Bell if they move him.  Chargers will be lucky to get more than 5th rounder for Gordon.  

But Chiefs will beat everyone to the punch and we’ll end up trading a 7th rounded for the Chiefs 3rd string back.  

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Wow...he's only averaging 3.2 ypc.  

Just as many of us predicted before the season, his patient style that worked so well in Pittsburgh is not working in NJ because there are no holes opening up. They have the worst OL in the league. 

4 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Bell is better than Gordon and signed for the next 3 years with $13m in guarantees.  Gordon is gonna cost at least that much to re-sign.  Jets will get a 2nd rounder or better for Bell if they move him.  Chargers will be lucky to get more than 5th rounder for Gordon.  

But Chiefs will beat everyone to the punch and we’ll end up trading a 7th rounded for the Chiefs 3rd string back.  

Absolutely. Jets will want a 1st for bell. May deal him for a second.

I can't believe that there will be much of a market for Bell, unless the JESTS eat almost all of the cap charge.  He has a very large cap number and is not a young guy.  I thought at the time that the reckless signing of Bell and Mosley, would end up poorly for them.  They would have been better served to sign more lower cost guys to fill more of their roster holes.  I also remember the national media gushing praise over the JESTS for these signings and speculating that they would be playoff contenders again.  

I can't see Beane spending money and draft picks on Bell or Gordon.  It just seems inconsistent with his approach to things so far.

I'm glad that it's the JESTS and Miami that are floundering in roster purgatory and not our Bills.