[Vague Title] The trade Beane should make.

15 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Sorry BB but imo there is no DT who is worth a 1st and a 4th, and if there was one he would not be 31 years old.

We desperately need quality receivers, and I am not sold on Green at too high a price either. In the 2020 draft, high quality WRs will be falling from the sky.

We need a running back too. We should absolutely stock our QB with quality weapons and see how good he is, and we can do this.

It is fun blaming Daboll for all of our ills but the truth is that we have a young, inexperienced QB who lacks the proper supporting cast.

Jmo.

I agree with all you say here but also don't see a problem with blaming Daboll. You can argue the execution of plays and lack of talent is a major problem, but week in and week out there are less talented, younger players who are put in the right position and succeed. 

Allen has been far from perfect, but Daboll hasn't exactly schemed up a masterpiece either. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I agree with all you say here but also don't see a problem with blaming Daboll. You can argue the execution of plays and lack of talent is a major problem, but week in and week out there are less talented, younger players who are put in the right position and succeed. 

Allen has been far from perfect, but Daboll hasn't exactly schemed up a masterpiece either. 

Oh, I hear ya.

We all do have a right to be impatient too after all of these years. I think that with a few smart moves, 2020 can be a HUGE year for us. I am NOT giving up on this season but I do wonder if Josh has the right tools.

24 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Does he catch passes? ?

If you're saying that another DT to pair with Phillips is a need, why not sign Phillips to an extention first? 

I get that they've underperformed as a whole, but look at the position as a whole: They've invested a first round pick, a 3rd round injured player who will be back next year, signed a guy in free agency (who they will likely try and extend) and overpaid Star (all while trotting out a practice squad player in Peko) 

I HIGHLY doubt that they would put any more resources into a single position group when we have much more glaring needs IMO. 

I'd argue we need a pass rushing DE more than another DT. And above all else, more play makers on O. 

Still annoyed by wasting a first rounder on a pass rushing DT that doesn't get sacks.

40 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Sorry BB but imo there is no DT who is worth a 1st and a 4th, and if there was one he would not be 31 years old.

We desperately need quality receivers, and I am not sold on Green at too high a price either. In the 2020 draft, high quality WRs will be falling from the sky.

We need a running back too. We should absolutely stock our QB with quality weapons and see how good he is, and we can do this.

It is fun blaming Daboll for all of our ills but the truth is that we have a young, inexperienced QB who lacks the proper supporting cast.

Jmo.

Agreed.

Josh Allen at this point, isn’t good enough to take over a game. He needs the help from a supporting cast. Like what the Rams did for Goff. Load up on offensive talent, while Allen is on a cheap deal.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Well we're certainly going to need "Iron Mike" to deliver a knockout 2020 draft to plug all these holes

How many holes are there really? WR, RT or guard (depending on where Ford ultimately ends up) and DE are to me the three main areas where likely use your first three picks. After that maybe backup LB though the guy on IR this year may fill that role, another RB bruising kind of guy, then in FA pick up another DE, then either resign Phillips or pick up someone in FA for DT.  And maybe in the fifth or sixth round or so a punter.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

How many holes are there really? WR, RT or guard (depending on where Ford ultimately ends up) and DE are to me the three main areas where likely use your first three picks. After that maybe backup LB though the guy on IR this year may fill that role, another RB bruising kind of guy, then in FA pick up another DE, then either resign Phillips or pick up someone in FA for DT.  And maybe in the fifth or sixth round or so a punter.

WR, LB/EDGE are the two/three biggest needs.  Then maybe an actual NFL tight end which this franchise has really never had.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

2 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

The strangest word in the English language, for me, is retrofit. Intuitively, you'd think it would mean "redesign to a retro style," but it actually means "to modernize" (not in so many words). You'd think a better word for the definition would simply be "modernize," "upgrade," or even "refit."

The strangest word in the English language to me is moist ?

Dion Dawkins and our 3rd round pick (conditional, could become 2nd if Trent plays every game the remainder of the season) for Trent Williams and Josh Norman.... Levi Wallace has been a liability the last 2 weeks and yes, Josh Norman may not be that much of an upgrade but atleast he know's McDermott's defense and is an immediate plug and play. By taking on his contract though it allows the Bills to get Trent Williams for Dawkins and a conditional 3rd round pick. I would love to get a pass rusher or a WR but the prices on the market are too steep for the deals Beane would like and that is why they won't go that route.

22 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

I rather use our 1st towards Kuechly

YEs, some validity to this suggestion.  Our guy in the middle is really an outside backer playing the middle.  Edmunds is a rangy guy, but, not a run plugger.  He excells side line to side line.....but, up the gut straight at him he gets blown away.  (the Philly back did that to him in Q1 Sunday)  Edmunds is a sort of miss as a middle backer....but would be a great outside guy......yes, he is young, but haven't seen Kuechly like play yet.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

For a 31 year-old? A first and a fourth? 

I'm glad you're not the GM.

More, grabbing him doesn't seem to be the type of move this FO makes, bringing in very high-priced FAs, and especially very high-priced older FAs. 

Star Lotulelei is almost 30 years old and is making 10 mil a year 

7 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Everyone wants an offensive weapon but we have those players ,they just need to be used more (Singletary) and the offense just needs more time together, lets not forget we have NINE NEW STARTERS on offense and have only played 7 games together.

What we really need is a another stud DT to go with Jordan Phillips. The dolphins showed our weakness and the Eagles exposed us out right and that is we dont have enough stoutness against the run. This problem goes back to last year when the pats ran us over last year and was not addressed properly.

If im Beane im calling the Bengals, not for still and oft injured AJ Green , but DT Geno  Atkins. This guy is a stud and still playing at a high level and cincy is going to need all the picks they can get to  rebuild that team

I would give them a 1st and 4th.

I would have trouble giving up a 4th for a 31 year old DT let alone a 1st and 4th, I agree we go for a trade with the Bengals but it would be for DT Andrew Billings, he's the space eating DT Star is supposed to be and I think he can be had for a 5th round pick, he's in the last year of his contract so if he performs well we can re-sign him, if not we gave up 1 of our 2 5th round picks. Geno Atkins doesn't really make sense because he'd be taking Ed Olivers spot not Jordan Philips or Stars spot imo.