[Vague Title] The trade Beane should make.

5 hours ago, HOUSE said:
I looked up the word Stud, still not sure why we need one....

a large-headed piece of metal that pierces and projects from a surface, especially for decoration.
  • an item of jewelry in the form of a piece of metal, precious stone, or other ornament attached to a pin or shaft that passes through a piercing in the body.
  • a fastener consisting of two buttons joined with a bar, used in formal wear to fasten a shirtfront or to fasten a collar to a shirt.
  • British
    a small projection fixed to the base of footwear, especially athletic shoes, to allow the wearer to grip the ground.
  • a small metal piece set into the tire of a motor vehicle to improve roadholding in slippery conditions

Apparently we’ll need a lot for the new waterfront stadium.

1 hour ago, mgs2277 said:

Honestly, I think a CB is needed. Levi Wallace was lit up the last couple weeks, it seems. Tre White is obviously not a problem.  Not saying give up on him, but we may need to get better in that position.

I agree, Wallace was beat like a drum all preseason and nobody wanted to hear about it.  I said then he is not a starter and I stand by that, but I got and will get ripped for it, he's just another guy who is a step slow and never a threat to actually pick the ball, he allows the catch and reacts pretty well.  There has been a lot of rolling a saftey to him for help in the redzone, gonwatch the NE game and its blatantly obvious what they really think of him. 

White is a good corner, a solid number 1, but he's not elite.  He's nowhere near a Revis etc., he's just not fast or quite fluid enough to be in that category.  I am more than happy to have him, but even the #1 slot can be upgraded.

Down to the real point, this team still needs a QB first and foremost, Allen is not the guy now and I personally don't think he ever will be, I would move on sooner than later, worst case scenario is ending up like the Chargers and having two great QBs on one roster ad  having to choose ( they chose wrong.. oops). 

Secondly, Star is a bust and that signing was awful from day one, so they do need a replacement.  Thus far, Oliver has taken far more double teams and he has been rendered pretty ineffective, largley because Star can be handled with one guy as can Peko, so by upgrading the 1 tech, you really get better production from 2 spots.

None of the DEs are getting it done, Johnson looks to have the most hope, but still a rookie that needs weight.  The rest have been borderline useless.

I honestly feel the WRs aren't the issue, they are open enough, could they be slightly more reliable? Yes, but ball placement  MUST be better.

Daboll may be the biggest issue with the offense, his calls have been beyond awful.

To me, this team needs a lot to compete for real, until they have more in place, I would not give up much in draft capital to try to sneak in the wildcard again.  It's only one extra game, they aren't anywhere near ready for the real competition of the playoffs.

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

WR, LB/EDGE are the two/three biggest needs.  Then maybe an actual NFL tight end which this franchise has really never had.

so you already know that Kroft, Knox, and Sweeney are all no good.  Wow, too bad you're not working for the Bills considering how smart you think you are!

10 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Everyone wants an offensive weapon but we have those players ,they just need to be used more (Singletary) and the offense just needs more time together, lets not forget we have NINE NEW STARTERS on offense and have only played 7 games together.

What we really need is a another stud DT to go with Jordan Phillips. The dolphins showed our weakness and the Eagles exposed us out right and that is we dont have enough stoutness against the run. This problem goes back to last year when the pats ran us over last year and was not addressed properly.

If im Beane im calling the Bengals, not for still and oft injured AJ Green , but DT Geno  Atkins. This guy is a stud and still playing at a high level and cincy is going to need all the picks they can get to  rebuild that team

I would give them a 1st and 4th.

I like your idea on the player. Atkins is a beast. But you can't give up a 1st for someone 1.making more than $10M/year and 2. over 30.

I might be willing to give my 2020 2nd and 2021 3rd. Or even 2020 2nd and 2021 2nd.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, JM57 said:

Atkins is a good player but is he stout against the run? I've always had the impression he's more of a disruptor and really good interior pass rusher. Kind of like the ceiling Ed Oliver is supposed to have.

Joe B did a pretty nice article on The Athletic yesterday with potential 1-technique targets. They're the guys you don't really hear about much because their role by nature keeps them off the scoresheet. 

Not going to steal the man's work but he lists 7 players and their justification but here is the top 3

Andrew Billings, CIN

Mike Purcell, DEN

Dalvin Tomlinson, NYG

whatever it takes to get this Dline to stop the run.

6 hours ago, PIZ said:

Is Andrew Billings an option?

wouldn't mind Wolfe and Miller too.

6 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Still annoyed by wasting a first rounder on a pass rushing DT that doesn't get sacks.

we should have drafted 6'4" 342 Dexter Lawrence

6 hours ago, BuffaloBillsMagic1 said:

Isn't this why we signed Non-Star to mega million dollar contract?

yes but he sucks, maybe can throw him in the trade and save a pick.

4 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

WR, LB/EDGE are the two/three biggest needs.  Then maybe an actual NFL tight end which this franchise has really never had.

Knox will be fine

41 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I like your idea on the player. Atkins is a beast. But you can't give up a 1st for someone 1.making more than $10M/year and 2. over 30.

I might be willing to give my 2020 2nd and 2021 3rd. Or even 2020 2nd and 2021 2nd.

I think a first is rich but i didnt want any whining about low compensation , with bills fans i guess it wouldn't have mattered.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

YEs, some validity to this suggestion.  Our guy in the middle is really an outside backer playing the middle.  Edmunds is a rangy guy, but, not a run plugger.  He excells side line to side line.....but, up the gut straight at him he gets blown away.  (the Philly back did that to him in Q1 Sunday)  Edmunds is a sort of miss as a middle backer....but would be a great outside guy......yes, he is young, but haven't seen Kuechly like play yet.

I'd say Kuechly has the ability to be the best MLB ever... gotta make that trade. Especially thrived when he had Thomas Davis next to him, I can't imagine him being surrounded by Milano and Edmunds...

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

i like your choices but you need to get real about who teams are going to trade and Kuechly is not one 

I was trying to be more realistic and not include McCaffrey... Kuechly is supposedly one concussion from being done according to most on here. Most also don't give him his props as future top MLB to ever play so...

Realistically though if anybody will be prying those guys away from Carolina we would be first in line for once, Thank God. 

Kuechly is aging and Carolina is looking at a rebuild possibly. Even with Cam. If Carolina desperately wants a QB, there is a .0001% chance they could even part with McCaffrey(whom most said would not cut it as a lead back by the way)

9 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

I'd say Kuechly has the ability to be the best MLB ever... gotta make that trade. Especially thrived when he had Thomas Davis next to him, I can't imagine him being surrounded by Milano and Edmunds...

I was trying to be more realistic and not include McCaffrey... Kuechly is supposedly one concussion from being done according to most on here. Most also don't give him his props as future top MLB to ever play so...

Realistically though if anybody will be prying those guys away from Carolina we would be first in line for once, Thank God. 

Kuechly is aging and Carolina is looking at a rebuild possibly. Even with Cam. If Carolina desperately wants a QB, there is a .0001% chance they could even part with McCaffrey(whom most said would not cut it as a lead back by the way)

Dude Kuechly is not happening. Realistic would be a team looking to sell, like the jets we would have a better shot at cj Moseley.

• Sad 1