Looking for a reason why Beane should make a big trade before the deadline? Look no further than John Dorsey.

7 hours ago, ChattanoogaBills said:

I for one think Poyer is not going to be resigned. With the flashes that J. Johnson showed during preseason he will be groomed to take Poyers spot.

Im not saying Poyer isnt good but i dont see him as a game changer. 

I'm not so sure.  When Poyer is a free agent he will be playing at 30.  I'm not sure what the compensation for a 30 y/o defensive back is, but it won't break the bank. Hyde will be even older when he would become a free agent.  I think if they're happy here they both play out their careers here.  It seems like that is the situation this front office is constantly trying to arrange.  Affordable extensions in free agency.

10 hours ago, kota said:

Beane and McD will be here for a decade or more.  Get used to it.

Yeah, I'd say the Pegulas are very happy with the way this organization is moving. Building for the long haul...

18 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I mean, I don’t see how a couple examples of guys losing internal power struggles and or being scape-goated means that GM’s should be more bold with trading... 

I agree, Dorsey was a power struggle.  We don’t have that situation.  ? to ? 

16 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

They won’t be able to keep everyone.... you go for it as long as Allen is under his rookie contract and by the time you extend him you are hoping he is among the better QBs in the league who can raise the level of the teams play without needing to pay everyone else, because you won’t need to to win games. Seahawks and Russel Wilson being the example.

Agreed!  That’s is the best way to have a 10 year run!  Hitting on the QB gets you the extra 5 years.

Jesus! PLZ BEANE!!!!! Sign AJ already and let’s get this thing working! WTF are we doing? This is the thing about the BILLS. They always wait too damn long to make moves. PLEASE BEANE! Jump

on AJ and don't look back. Think about the future of our beloved team. He is a good player who needs a good team and coaching staff which we have. DO THE DEAL! WTF ARE WE WAITING FOR!!!!!  Also, we have to let TJ Yeldon go. He should of been released before Shady but what’s done is done. Yeldon has been a bust for us. Move on Beane. Get AJ and look at another RB in the draft. Singletary has it. Develop him. Ugh! This team frustrates me when they go on careful conservative mode! F THE PATRIOTS! Build  this team to be a killer and they will kill the Patsies. 

You're so close...... LETS GO BUFFALO!!!!! 

• Sad 1

On 10/25/2019 at 5:01 PM, Ben said:

We will need alot to keep Jordan Phillips, which I have to t

hink theyll do.

I actually think Jordan Phillips is better that Harry Phillips. For all the talk about space eaters he’s way larger that Star and has a better motor in the middle than everyone but Ed. 

The dimwits who run this league are slowly realizing that it sometimes make more sense to act aggressively now, rather than act cautiously for a future they may well not be a part of.

Swing for the fences while you are employed to do so, and have a chance to benefit from the swing.

Keeping capital in reserve for a future you are not part of may help the team, but it won't help YOU.

On 10/25/2019 at 9:41 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Dorsey was fired because he was a disorganized mess who mismanaged the cap and didn’t get along with Andy. 

I almost can’t believe that with the work he has done in Cleveland.  I mean trade after trade for overpriced veterans and no team continuity - what was KC thinking.

?

On 10/25/2019 at 2:54 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't think that's the full story on Dorsey " fired as GM of the Chiefs in June 2017, six months after the team finished a 12-4 season and less than two months after he drafted Patrick Mahomes".  The Chiefs had salary cap issues.  Bad salary cap issues.  There were conflicts where allegedly Reid had been promised control over personnel matters but Dorsey had been promised the same personnel control as other GMs.  Basically I think it was more a "personality conflict" thing with cap issues tossed in.

It may not be the ‘full story’, but it’s a legit narrative. Thanks for the article @ChevyVanMiller. Insightful. Under these premises, I think today’s outcome may be critical to Beane & Company. We win, we’re very likely a 12 win team, putting us deep down the Draft selection number. Little to no chance of selecting a stud WR or Edge Rusher. Lose, and it could be a dog fight for a Wild Card. With Tuesday’s Trade deadline, I think today’s outcome goes a long way toward making our 1st Round pick tradable for Immediate team upgrade.

WIN, BILLS!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

It may not be the ‘full story’, but it’s a legit narrative. Thanks for the article @ChevyVanMiller. Insightful. Under these premises, I think today’s outcome may be critical to Beane & Company. We win, we’re very likely a 12 win team, putting us deep down the Draft selection number. Little to no chance of selecting a stud WR or Edge Rusher. Lose, and it could be a dog fight for a Wild Card. With Tuesday’s Trade deadline, I think today’s outcome goes a long way toward making our 1st Round pick tradable for Immediate team upgrade.

WIN, BILLS!

Well, it's legit in the sense of "could plausibly happen" but I don't think the notion that Dorsey got fired for failing to trade to improve the team at the deadline matches all the media stuff in MO.  There's also the point that expectations change once your team has been 11-5, 12-4, going to playoffs 4 out of 5 seasons - but not even making it to the conference game.  Expectations change.  Did he get fired in part because the team was good, but not good enough and tight up against the cap?  Yep.  Failing to trade?  Unlikely.

But that's OK, we can disagree on that.

Either way, I think with last year being 6-10, the expectation this year is to at least flip the numbers and win enough to get back to the playoffs (and I do love saying that).  I think Beane would sooner trade his left nut than a 1st round draft pick.  But I could be wrong, and who knows, maybe we'll read about a...different trade package.

And the point remains that at some point once you're good, good is no longer enough.

On 10/25/2019 at 2:55 PM, whatdrought said:

I mean, I don’t see how a couple examples of guys losing internal power struggles and or being scape-goated means that GM’s should be more bold with trading... 

This. And if it's your year to make a run by all means make a good trade and use some draft capital. If your still building and playing the long game, don't make a trade to show activity, stick the the program and that's what Beane is doing.