Game Thread MNF: Patriots at Jets on ESPN

1 minute ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

What the hell is Tessitore talking about? "I don't like the way he (Gase) just spoke to him. As a 22-year-old quarterback, I don't know if that's appropriate."

Seriously.  What was Gase supposed to tell Darnold?  "You suck, you're going on taco runs for me the rest of this week...and don't eff that up like you are this game"

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

Gilmore was too expensive, plus he was not a process guy, nor was he a McBeane draftee.

the franchise was in such turmoil I’m glad it turned out the way it did. Not sure Gilmore wouldn’t fit the locker room culture though. Don’t recall him causing trouble 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

Aren't the Bills undefeated in those pajamas?

WHO CARES?

They're hideous. It’s only because  The Bills are good that they could shake off that Peter Pan Pajama Boy foo foo ***** that they could pull out a victory yesterday instead of just sticking their hands in them and playing pocket pool for all 60 minutes.  

1 minute ago, CLTbills said:

His ability to shake it off? How so? By throwing another pick?

He’s had bad games before and come back to perform much better. It’s a good trait to have in a QB and think he has it. 

1 minute ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

Gilmore was too expensive, plus he was not a process guy, nor was he a McBeane draftee.

I’ve heard that narrative before, but I think only part of that statement is true (the money). Coming from TheProcess, Gilmore is all “process”. I’m not just saying that. The dude prepared and worked as hard as anyone while he was here. We let him walk as he was entering his prime. Granted the belichick coaching and always having a lead has elevated his game, but McD is a DB guru. Hard to think he wouldn’t be playing comparably. 

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Bills fans are aware what happened that game. However, the board was full of proclamations of Darnolds superiority and claims that he would beat the Pats and look good doing it. What you’re seeing is the response to that. Football fans understand what young QBs typically do vs BB defense. Very few inexperienced QBs are immune. 

I agree to a certain degree but there were a lot comments saying darnold Sucks or he’s a lousy QB.

Just saying that’s a bit of an overreaction as we witnessed first hand what BB did to Allen just a few weeks ago.

1 minute ago, billieve420 said:

Even Marshall Newhouse looks passable on the Patriots. Gilmore is able to get away playing physical while on the Bills he was getting flags for playing the same. 

Granted Gilmore is a very good player but on NE he is untouchable.

Yep. It’s amazing what the silver eagle - winged helmet can do for officials and their ability to see penalties being committed. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

the franchise was in such turmoil I’m glad it turned out the way it did. Not sure Gilmore wouldn’t fit the locker room culture though. Don’t recall him causing trouble 

I think it was about the money.  Pats offered him more than the Bills were going to match.  Gilmore wasn't anywhere near as good here as what he is doing in NE.

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I thought he said better. Ha.

He may have.  My brain jumped out of my head and was trying to skitter away across the floor halfway through that gem, so I'll admit I was distracted trying to catch it...