2019 Playoffs. 1st round

1 hour ago, buffalobillswin said:

I really hope the Bills have earned not playing on Saturday at 4:30 in the playoffs. 

I want a Saturday night or Sunday game!

I hear ya, but we most likey will be that Saturday early game.  If we win it's cool because we can sit back and enjoy the rest of the weekends games.  If we lose, not so much.

19 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

I hear ya, but we most likey will be that Saturday early game.  If we win it's cool because we can sit back and enjoy the rest of the weekends games.  If we lose, not so much.

Either this or Sunday at 1:00. If I remember correctly the Bills playoff game against Jacksonville 2 years ago was Sunday at 1:00

43 minutes ago, mannc said:

Don’t count on it.

Why would Chiefs be ahead of us?

If the chiefs win out we would both end up as 9-3 in the conference .. which is the second tiebreaker. ( first tiebreaker is head to head). It would then come down to common opponents .. The Chiefs and the Bills both played (NE, Baltimore, Denver, and Tennessee). The Chiefs are 4-1 in those games. The Bills would be 3-2.

2 hours ago, buffalobillswin said:

I really hope the Bills have earned not playing on Saturday at 4:30 in the playoffs. 

I want a Saturday night or Sunday game!

Bills will be road team most likely, so it will be about the home team more than their opponent. Probably HOU or TEN so Saturday slot is likely. KC will get the prime slot 

https://www.sportingnews.com/g00/us/nfl/news/nfl-playoffs-start-date-2020-time-tv-schedule-playoff-picture/m40a9vdeqnbd1hqc43x33xj2t?i10c.ua=1&i10c.encReferrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8%3d&i10c.dv=20

When do the NFL playoffs start in 2020?

• Wild-card games: Jan. 4-5
  • Divisional games: Jan. 11-12
  • Conference championships: Jan. 18
  • Super Bowl 54: Feb. 2

NFL playoffs TV schedule

Saturday, Jan. 4: Wild-card round

Home team Away team Start time TV channel
TBD TBD TBD TBD
TBD TBD TBD TBD

Sunday, Jan. 5: Wild-card round

Home team Away team Start time TV channel
TBD TBD TBD TBD
TBD TBD TBD TBD

10 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

What do the odds become when Buffalo wins at Fuxburough?  

I can feel the Fitzmagic in the air.  He’s brought down the beast with a group of misfits before...

14%.

6 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Is there any way the Bills can get a home playoff game? 

Yes, win the Division is the only way.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

What do the odds become when Buffalo wins at Fuxburough?  

I can feel the Fitzmagic in the air.  He’s brought down the beast with a group of misfits before...

7% for week 16, 10% for week 17  if you play with the NY Times link 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/upshot/buffalo-bills-nfl-playoff-picture.html#ne-buf-16=loss&buf-nyj-17=win

Make NE lose out and it's 60% for a BYE week 

• Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Cynthia Freuland’s model has the Bills chances of making the playoffs up to 45%

In fairness to Cynth she did have us winning this week. So we would now be 1-13 by her projections. :D

The Bills are a weak spot though. Her overall record so far this season is pretty good. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, the skycap said:

So, if we beat New England and they beat Miami and end up at 3rd seed, we'd still be 5th seed.   Likely path to the Bowl (assuming we could do it of course):

Wildcard, #5 Bills beat #4 Texans in Houston, #3 NE beats #6 Steelers (or other WC team) in NE

Next week, #5 Bills beat #1 Ravens in Baltimore, #2 KC beats #3 NE in KC

AFC Championship Bills at KC

OR

if we lose to New England and they win out and keep 2nd seed, likely path to the Bowl:

Wildcard, #5 Bills beat #4 Texans in Houston, #3 KC beats #6 Steelers (or other WC team) in KC

Next week, #5 Bills beat #1 Ravens in Baltimore, #2 NE probably sneaks out the win against #3 KC in NE (don't see them losing to KC there twice)

AFC Championship Bills at NE

Which do you prefer?   Basically WC weekend and Divisional weekend probably the same for us either way.  I'm not sure if our odds would be better against NE or KC.  That said, if we could knock off the Texans and the Ravens, you'd have to feel we could beat anybody.

Edited by Georgia Bill

1 hour ago, Georgia Bill said:

Wildcard, #5 Bills beat #4 Texans in Houston, #3 NE beats #6 Steelers (or other WC team) in NE

Next week, #5 Bills beat #1 Ravens in Baltimore, #2 KC beats #3 NE in KC

AFC Championship Bills at KC

you assume NE is #3. 

if they are #2 things change a bit. 

I had a scenario for it somewhere in a playoff thread.  
now I have to go look 

Lost in this is that the Texans have the head to head tiebreaker vs. KC.

So if Houston wins out and the Chiefs lose once the Bills will be @KC in the WC game (assuming they don’t win the division.)

That would suck.

Hopefully Houston loses on Sat making this a moot point.

17 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

4 % to win AFCE seems like some sort of unrealistically low PFF garbage.

Odds of bills beating pats are probably like 35 to 40 percent, and odds of Pats losing to phins is probably 20 percent or maybe a little better.

Dont see how both happening could get that low.

Plus odds of Bills beating the Jets.

Give the Bills a 35% chance to beat the Pats, the Phins a 20% chance to beat the Pats and the Bills a 70% chance to beat the Jets and you have a 4.9% chance of all three happening.

Edited by Thurman#1