Sign in to follow this  
umang_a_desai

Micah Hyde is THE heart and soul of this defense.

Posted (edited)

Discuss...I am in 100% agreement of this statement. If he went out our defense WILL suffer. Thoughts?

Edited by umang_a_desai
  • Like (+1) 2

Alexander is the heart.

Hyde is the soul. 

Edmunds is the brain.

White is the hips.

Poyer is the guy with the super hot wife. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

My first thought is.......NO negative thoughts! 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, umang_a_desai said:

Discuss...I am in 100% agreement of this statement. If he went out our defense WILL suffer. Thoughts?

I'm assuming this is a quote from a player or coach? Or are you in 100% agreement with your own statement?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

You may run on the Bills but you can't Hyde!!

But seriously Poyer is not too bad himself. Add TW and LW and you get the Best Secondary in da whole da*n league!!

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, StHustle said:

I'm assuming this is a quote from a player or coach? Or are you in 100% agreement with your own statement?

No. I know what a big part of this defense Hyde is. He’s the QB of the Defense, not Tremaine, imo. He will even adjust if Tremaine calls the wrong protection but he has Poyer  back there. And they are like tomax and xamot. (GI Joe reference for the whippersnappers out there lol!) He is the mvp of our Defense imo.

Edited by umang_a_desai
Typo

Hyde should be extended as his skill set is at an All-Pro level. Poyer is easier to replace and they may already have a guy or two on the roster that could be an everydown starter at SS.  

43 minutes ago, StHustle said:

I agree with me...🦐

Not sure if you can define the heart and soul of a team unless you're in the locker room, but I think Hyde has been the MVP of the team through these first 5 games. 

Evidently, veteran quality posters have taken a cue from the team and went home for the Bye. Judging by all the topics on pg 1, it’s Kiddy Table City around here.

• Haha (+1) 6

17 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Evidently, veteran quality posters have taken a cue from the team and went home for the Bye. Judging by all the topics on pg 1, it’s Kiddy Table City around here.

I won’t presume to put myself in the crowd you describe, but I can tell you Nashville was not a 12 hour recovery. I hate to go any deeper than that. My son’s friend, half my age, was texting me earlier about his struggles. But we MADE SOME NOISE! 

Prudence will be a higher priority in future games.....I’m getting too old! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Freddie's Dead said:

Jerry Hughes is the crazy uncle....

He’s got nothing on @plenzmd1!

😋

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

He came from a team with a winning culture. Such a shrewd signing.  Landon Collins Signed 6 years 84 mill.  We got

hyde for 5-30

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Hyde should be extended as his skill set is at an All-Pro level. Poyer is easier to replace and they may already have a guy or two on the roster that could be an everydown starter at SS.  

Just because Hyde is more instrumental in the way the D runs let's not disregard what Poyer brings. This brand of D requires a high football IQ and he and Hyde have developed amazing chemistry, almost like a QB and his favorite receiver. Poyer is ALWAYS around the ball and his run support and blitzing are exceptional. But more importantly he has a smoking hot wife!  

Edited by billsbackto81
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsbackto81 said:

Just because Hyde is more instrumental in the way the D runs let's not disregard what Poyer brings. This brand of D requires a high football IQ and he and Hyde have developed amazing chemistry, almost like a QB and his favorite receiver. Power is ALWAYS around the ball and his run support and blitzing are exceptional. But more importantly he has a smoking hot wife!  

No dismissing his role at all. Ideally they both are extended but they will need to pay White in the future as well as Levi.  Odd man out for an extension may be Poyer.  

Agree. To me it's Hyde and Tre over Poyer but I'd have Poyer over Levi as far as priority signings.

6 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Agree. To me it's Hyde and Tre over Poyer but I'd have Poyer over Levi as far as priority signings.

Really? Levi is a beast tho.

tre white would be the biggest loss and hardest to replace.

but i'll give ya micah hyde is a stud and would be missed

13 minutes ago, Gambit said:

Really? Levi is a beast tho.

I like Levi and for an UDFA he's done extremely well in this system. To me Tre, Micah, and Poyer are all Top 5 -10 players at their respective positions. Levi IMO is not.