Week 7 Against Miami - Allen's First 300 Yard Game

H2o

Next up on the schedule after the bye week, the Miami Dolphins. A team that is tanking, even though they won't admit they are tanking. Not really going out on a limb here with this, but if ever there were a game where Josh should be over 300 yards with 3 or more TD passes then this is it. It would also be nice to see Allen get his first 300+ yard passing game while not committing any turnovers in the process. It's almost haiku time everyone. :beer:

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

we got 2 weeks for this ... my quick 2 cents 

RUN the damn ball with Singletary and Gore.   Why even bother to pass more than 20 times?  

Might be nice to use this extra preseason game to work out some of the kinks on offense.

Plus we don't want to be rusty for the Eagles.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, wagon127 said:

I think the bills should absolutely use some of the games coming up, to pad Josh Allen's season long stats. Gain some respect from national media.

I don't give a crap about annofnthe stats... other than the number in the Win column.   I say... don't take any team lightly and do what it takes to get a win.  

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

I think the bills should absolutely use some of the games coming up, to pad Josh Allen's season long stats. Gain some respect from national media.

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Might be nice to use this extra preseason game to work out some of the kinks on offense.

Plus we don't want to be rusty for the Eagles.

Feature the run and don't let Josh get pressured.   Keep it so that his passing is unforced. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Miami allows 170 a game on the ground. we average 140 on the ground..... I can see a couple of timely big pass plays set up by the run but I don't see 300.... nor do I care a whole lot, honestly. 

With Singletary back (hopefully), I'd like to see some screens, which could produce some nice YAC. 

• Like (+1) 5

I posted this in another thread but I see the Miami game a a "fan appreciation" coming out party for Josh and the offense.

The Fins defense is giving up an average of 472 yards per game--296 of which have been through the air.    If the Bills don't match than number, I'll be utterly shocked...

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Dan said:

I don't give a crap about annofnthe stats... other than the number in the Win column.   I say... don't take any team lightly and do what it takes to get a win.  

6 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Why? We should continue doing what we are doing which is winning games.

For once, I'd like to be developing our Quarterback to be Elite some day. I want to win of course, that's a priority over everything else. If the opportunity presents itself, light up the stat lines. How many of the Quarterbacks, that we consider elite, have done that to our weak defenses over the years? You aren't the least bit curious if Josh Allen can put up those kinds of numbers?

Edited by wagon127

19 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

Nobody in the national media is going to give any credence to stats we put up against Miami.  Just take the W and move on.  We'll get respect when we become regulars in the post-season.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Rhode Island Red said:

OP, not to nitpick, but we are 4-1 after Week 5, with our bye coming next in Week 6, so your thread title might want some jiggering....

Thank you my friend. I was thinking Game 6. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1