Bills release Conor McDermott; claimed off waivers by Jets

YoloinOhio

17 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

There are a few different things that could happen honestly.

Promote Webb, Allen out

Promote Webb, Allen in

Promote Duke, Allen in

Promote Duke, Allen out

sign a FA

trade for someone

All these things will likely change the game plan for the titans (assuming the player is on offense).

Why on Earth would they promote Webb if Allen was in and why would they promote Duke if Allen was out? (No backup)

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

But if they still weren't sure on Allen wouldn't they hide his status until the last possible moment? 

Yes, but you don't need to open a spot today to make a move Saturday. Why not just make both moves Saturday?

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Margarita said:

what advantage would there be to not divulge whom they are bringing up if it was to be a practice squad guy...answering my own question I would say if they don't want to divulge it being Webb and keep the Titans guessing on who will be playing QB this Sunday...….

Agreed. I probably wasn't clear that I meant simultaneous moves on Saturday. 

14 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Why on Earth would they promote Webb if Allen was in and why would they promote Duke if Allen was out? (No backup)

I never said they would. Just that those are options. Stupid options, but options. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

rumor in their camp is that it’s Diggs for some picks, and Jerry Hughes. 

Diggs is a good player, but Hughes is as good of a player and at a more important position.  If a trade were to happen, something like Diggs for Jones and a 3rd would be my guess.

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

So does the fact that no one has been promoted from PS or signed point to a trade or is it Mcd playing 4d chess and keeping the spot open for Webb? 

Normally it's a pretty quick turn around when someone gets cut but sitting at 52 for a few hours now has me curious. 

The Bills don't seem to like to play the game of bringing in "cup of coffee" players.    If they know they're going to make a move in 24-48 hrs, they don't add a guy they're gonna have to cut in a day.  Promoting Webb seems the likeliest occurrence.