Why the Zay Hate?

Virgil

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

Most quality WRs have the agility and ball tracking skills to adjust to those kind of throws.    Many can do it even when blanketed by a defender. 

Jones seems to trip all over himself at times and not have much physical (or mental) agility...

...sure it was East Carolina and the competition is suspect, but 160 catches with the mentioned deficiencies?.......wow..........

7 hours ago, Virgil said:

Can someone please tell me what Zay did, or didn’t do, yesterday to call for the hate?  I see people saying cut him immediately.  

I can’t remember a play with him where I thought he was the reason we sucked.  The guy isn’t even out there that much.  

Overall, he hasn’t lived up to his draft status and physical traits, but I don’t see how yesterday was the deal breaker.  

What am I missing?

'cuz he blows. Can't catch. Doesn't think.

8 hours ago, Dr Doom said:

How many games has he cost us compared to how many games he has made a difference? I remember the Carolina game two years ago still to this day. Yesterday is just another example.

Has he tried to jump through any windows yet this year?

I had front row seats right in front of that drop in Carolina.  I will never forget it lol

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Two of Allen’s three interceptions were thrown Zays way. While neither of them were his fault, he made no attempt to attack the ball or make a play on it. He watched as the DB broke for the ball. It’s just additional evidence of his inability to adjust for the ball/make a play on it. 

He also high pointed the endzone throw from Barkley, got two hands on it and it didn’t bring it in.

Effort. he waits the balls in when he needs to go get them.

he has very little anticipation as how to make the play.
something is off about him.

I think he tries. but it just not click for him to become anything but a role player. and even then.
Sorry for the negative vibes. But he could have made two plays if he was more aware of his surroundings and more aggressive to the ball

• Like (+1) 1

Can Zay make a play?  I never see separation, and a lot of dropped passes.  I just don’t see what he brings.  Duke is excellent blocker, and can go up and win a 50/50 ball.  Zay can do neither.   Zay is the worst bills draft pick in awhile

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...sure it was East Carolina and the competition is suspect, but 160 catches with the mentioned deficiencies?.......wow..........

something broked. from college to NFL.
because of the incident with his brother and the naked window. I suggest he was into the drugs. he blew his mind out in a car, he hadn't noticed that the light had changed

Just now, Pete said:

I would trade Zay for whatever I could get for him- a 7th or a bunch of deflated footballs.  He’s worthless.  Let’s see if a sucker will give us a 7th for him

Bring up the PS guys and do it post haste. Hopefull Foster gets back up to speed asap. Let McKenzie get some more reps.
Duke anyone? he can high point and squeeze a laser in

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Hey doesn’t fight for the ball, seems unaware of what’s going on around him ( watched a db make an INT instead of “ playing defender” and knocking the ball away from him. His hands are questionable. He was a second round pick and should be a larger factor out there than what he is. His performance is what you’d expect of a 4th round player. 

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

The NFL is not East Carolina.  Plenty of great college players couldn’t cut it NFL.  Zay sucking as a pro after 160 in college is nothing new