Did Jonathan Jones purposely take out Josh Allen?

HOUSE

I wouldn't say he was thinking he was going to take out Allen but he definitely went after his head. Tasker was saying on OBL that it was Allen 's fault too ,which is BS , just because Allen is running doesn't mean you can hit him in the head. Jones was standing but he clearly launched into Allen's head when he could have went lower and should have been ejected.

• Like (+1) 2

Many Patriots fans said it wouldn't have made sense for NE to want Allen injured because he was essentially the Patriots best player due to his miscues on Sunday.

Anyone been to the bills forum to see them foaming at the mouth over this?

They’re actually suggesting somebody would intentionally knock Allen out of a football game. Is there a defensive coordinator in the NFL who would want Josh a Allen on the sideline? I doubt it

100% on Allen here. Why would the Patriots even want to knock him out of the game? He won it for us.

https://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/threads/the-jonathan-jones-hit-wasnt-dirty.1149805/page-5

The point is, you don’t hit a runner like Allen high if you’re that DB unless he’s off balance and your intent is to cause damage. If you’re trying to bring him down you go low because Allen is a load and you don’t want to get steamrolled. But if you see he’s not able to protect himself because he’s got another guy hanging off him and he’s off balance, you high because you can lay a big hit and try to take him out.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, purple haze said:

Sure they would.  Brady is an all time great QB.  He's also known for not taking hits.  If a D-Lineman gets close to him he throws the ball away or falls down.  Josh wants to run and stiff arm people, etc.  I love it, but like I said, if he acts like a RB, defenders and the refs will treat him like that.  Especially being as big as he is.  A DB can't just "grab" Allen and stop him.  They have to hit him with venom or he's running through them.

You're either ignorant, delusional or trolling if you think that if Brady was on the receiving end of a similar hit it wouldn't be handled differently. We've seen just the opposite repeatedly.  You're insinuation that Josh 'got what he deserved' because he's reckless or not an all time great makes no sense to me. 

I already acknowledged that Josh sets himself up for this type of hit. That doesn't it excuse the hit - unless you're a Pats fan that thinks there are rules for Marcia and  other rules for everyone else.

Of course he did it on purpose. C’mon... The Pats have little fear of penalties affecting them. I mean, to be fair... Belichick and Co. work quite consistently on this. At the same time, they also understand that NFL officials will give them the benefit of the doubt... It’s the Patriots! Special treatment is part of the gig in Foxborough. “Tuck” the ball, OT tackles a pass rusher, prop up Josh Allen and let your boy take a head shot, hurdle the line, ignore a TD by Kelvin Benjamin, allow Wilfork to gracefully fall right into Losman’s knee... should I go on..? I’m just waiting for Jarvis Landry to end up with the Pats, so we can see another member of our secondary have his career ended while the zebras figure out how to offset another head hunting.

Josh needs to play smarter period....not only with protecting the football but protecting himself, if a quarterback is going to continually expose himself in the open field the way Josh does he is going to get lit up. Wether it's legal, dirty, illegal, it's going to happen again and again untill the kid plays smarter. The designed run plays need to tone it down a notch too. The Bully will always be a bully until you give them the black eye, 5 turnovers to the patriots and we still could have won. 

23 hours ago, HOUSE said:

I watched this clip over and over, my eyes hurt. If you watch closely Jonathon Jones is clearly aiming for a shoulder pad hit but at the last moment raises his head to hit Josh Allen helmet to helmet.

IMO, its a clear attempt to injure.

The answer is no. It was db's vs a running back. Go feet first and he'll have a longer career.

On 9/30/2019 at 6:53 PM, Sherlock Holmes said:

How is it a conspiracy theory if there is a repeated pattern anybody can see game after game with these cheaters? Just because somebody is blind to something doesn't make the people who are aware conspiracy nuts:bag:

there lies the rub.  "conspiracy theory" (1)

1 Was he told by a coach to specifically "take out Allen" with a head shot?  

Was he taught by his coaches to make that kind of hit on everyone?         EDITED

3 Was he a total ass to have "taken out Allen" with a head shot?  

Do some guys in the NFL play dirty?   Yes. 

Should we be surprised by repeat offenders?  No.

I don't like the hit on Josh at all.   These type of injuries happen to QB's that are not smart enough to slide. 

On 10/1/2019 at 3:09 AM, Chandler#81 said:

Ok. Everyone take a deep breath. 

Your disagreements are hijacking the thread. 

That would never happen!!!

On 10/1/2019 at 3:00 AM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I wouldn't say he was thinking he was going to take out Allen but he definitely went after his head. Tasker was saying on OBL that it was Allen 's fault too ,which is BS , just because Allen is running doesn't mean you can hit him in the head. Jones was standing but he clearly launched into Allen's head when he could have went lower and should have been ejected.

yup.    It all depends on which angle you look at.   

Josh should have gone feet first.   What was 6 extra inched getting him?  

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

there lies the rub.  "conspiracy theory" (1)

1 Was he told by a coach to specifically "take out Allen" with a head shot?  

2 Was he a total ass to have "taken out Allen" with a head shot?  

Do some guys in the NFL play dirty?   Yes. 

Should we be surprised by repeat offenders?  No.

I don't like the hit on Josh at all.   These type of injuries happen to QB's that are not smart enough to slide. 

That would never happen!!!

yup.    It all depends on which angle you look at.   

Josh should have gone feet first.   What was 6 extra inched getting him?  

Well bountygate points to coaches in fact telling their players to injure other players... Solid evidence says this happens.

7 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

You're either ignorant, delusional or trolling if you think that if Brady was on the receiving end of a similar hit it wouldn't be handled differently. We've seen just the opposite repeatedly.  You're insinuation that Josh 'got what he deserved' because he's reckless or not an all time great makes no sense to me. 

I already acknowledged that Josh sets himself up for this type of hit. That doesn't it excuse the hit - unless you're a Pats fan that thinks there are rules for Marcia and  other rules for everyone else.

I said it would be handled differently if it were Brady; reading is fundamental.  Brady is an all time great.  We already know the league protects him unlike others.  If you don't think Brady's stature in the game leads to the red carpet the league gives him I don't know what to tell you.  I didn't say it was right, but it is what is.  

Again, watch the league.  If it were Rogers or Brees they probably get the Brady treatment. Cam Newton?  Nope.  It was an entire controversy just a few years back.   There are rules or perceptions of what does or does not break them; there are no guarantees.  The guarantee is if Allen slid there would be no possibility to take that shot.

In the 4th quarter of a tight game between undefeated division rivals, it's time to ball out.

Y'all can toss all the tomatoes you want, but the shot that knocked out Josh was just good hard defensive football from a guy protecting the sticks on a big 3rd down.

I'd expect nothing less from Poyer or Hyde in that situation.

Josh needs to learn that in the NFL there a ton of dirty players who are looking for an opportunity to hurt him, just like a great player in nhl. But to actual question: yes is was probably intentional definitely dirty and Jackson should have been thrown out. 

10 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

B.B. on OMF regarding Jonathan Jones’ tackle of Josh Allen : “Jon did what we’ve coached him to do. If that’s a foul we’ll have to coach him differently.”

If it were Tom that got hit ....  Hell on earth 

Wait the guy who has been caught cheating how many times might have taught his players to cheat?!! I am shocked I tell you. He loves dudes with no class or ethics.

18 hours ago, UglyTruth said:

Many Patriots fans said it wouldn't have made sense for NE to want Allen injured because he was essentially the Patriots best player due to his miscues on Sunday.

https://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/threads/the-jonathan-jones-hit-wasnt-dirty.1149805/page-5

One of those knuckle heads suggested it was borderline spearing by Josh Allen.  That poster goes by "Zuma", which must mean "farm animal stupid."

https://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/threads/the-jonathan-jones-hit-wasnt-dirty.1149805/

• Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, purple haze said:

I said it would be handled differently if it were Brady; reading is fundamental.  Brady is an all time great.  We already know the league protects him unlike others.  If you don't think Brady's stature in the game leads to the red carpet the league gives him I don't know what to tell you.  I didn't say it was right, but it is what is.  

Again, watch the league.  If it were Rogers or Brees they probably get the Brady treatment. Cam Newton?  Nope.  It was an entire controversy just a few years back.   There are rules or perceptions of what does or does not break them; there are no guarantees.  The guarantee is if Allen slid there would be no possibility to take that shot.

Don't bet on it.  Kiko tried to take Josh's head off after sliding last year.  There is no guarantee, especially against a dirty, cheating and favored team like the Cheaters.  They know they'll only get a measly 15 yard penalty, but a chance to take a guy out.  Whereas the refs need to tell guys to lay off of Tommy Boy.

My only wish is that they do the same back to them.  But they won't.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/1/2019 at 1:32 AM, Ol Dirty B said:

So I gave the same opinion in another thread? Would it have been better if I said the opposite of what I thought? 

I feel like you think you're making a point, but you're really not. I just made another post in another thread. It's not like I'm flooding the board creating threads. 

Do you always have this difficult of a time when someone disagrees with you? Why you following me around lol?

Agreed, people hate this, but I thought he should have slid too. Then decide whether to pin them back or go for it on 4th and 3.

The way the defense was playing. I woukd have had some faith that they could get ne ther ball back. A punt in a game Brady wanted back would have been fine

In the end intent doesn't matter one iota. Jones lowered his head and his helmet hit Allen's . Sorry 15 yard flag and instant ejection.  If the inept refs didn't see the hit then why did they flag it? And if they saw it and flagged it for a helmet contact then the logical step next is ejection. At the moment that Josh hits the turf Riveron and his team should have been in contact with the refs on field and explained that was a flagrant hit and an ejection was warranted. But it was the Pats and this league apparently is devoid of logic.