Did Jonathan Jones purposely take out Josh Allen?

HOUSE

4 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

What I wanna know is when this team will stop being soft and be the ones delivering hits again?

What was the last big one, Takeo Spikes against I believe Jacksonville?

No response for Tre, their will be no response for Allen. Instead all we get is whining and how it isn't fair. 

Can we get someone who actually ***** lays a hit on someone once in awhile? I'm fine with 15 here and there.

This defense ain’t soft chief 

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

This defense ain’t soft chief 

They play solid, smart, and technically sound, but soft.

Instead of hitting someone, and I like Hyde a lot. He's great. Instead of responding with some physicality all we get is "the first words out of my mouth were if that was 12, we'd be ejected".

They watched Tre get an elbow from the top rope, and their QB get taken out by the same team and have never responded.

That's soft. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

9 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

They play solid, smart, and technically sound, but soft.

Instead of hitting someone, and I like Hyde a lot. He's great. Instead of responding with some physicality all we get is "the first words out of my mouth were if that was 12, we'd be ejected".

They watched Tre get an elbow from the top rope, and their QB get taken out by the same team and have never responded.

That's soft. 

You retaliate and get suspended

We can't lose a starter either... It's a lose , lose, you retaliate with a hard clean hit on the field of play like a man

Edited by Buffalo716

2 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

They play solid, smart, and technically soft.

But instead of hitting someone, and I like Hyde a lot. He's great. Instead of responding with some physicality all we get is "the first words out of my mouth were if that was 12, we'd be ejected".

That's soft. 

Nah man, they were trying to win that game. The defense carried the entire roster on a knife edge for 60 mins, they were too locked in for some lose-focus revenge BS. 

Hyde ain’t soft. Zo is hard as nails. Gore too. They were just locked in. 

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Nah man, they were trying to win that game. The defense carried the entire roster on a knife edge for 60 mins, they were too locked in for some lose-focus revenge BS. 

Hyde ain’t soft. Zo is hard as nails. Gore too. They were just locked in. 

Gore plays defense?

8 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Just talking about the team in general. You know, like how you asked ‘when will this team stop being soft’ in the comment I responded to? 

Sorry thought it was clear I was talking about the defense. Like everything you also talked about in your post before you randomly threw Gore into it.

They're great, but they're soft. They can get the job done though. I'll be fine with it if they get this team into the playoffs again.

13 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

You retaliate and get suspended

We can't lose a starter either... It's a lose , lose, you retaliate with a hard clean hit on the field of play like a man

I agree... and when have you seen them have one of those clean hard hits last? They play well physically in some aspects of the game, pressing, but when it comes to hitting someone... I just don't see it, ever.

And I'm not saying get suspended... but I'm fine with a 15 here and there. This league isn't suspending dudes left and right, just Burfict.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

16 hours ago, mattynh said:

It was a penalty, we can argue about intent and if he should have been ejected all day and I am sure he will get fined.  But to go frame by frame and decide that he changed his target for the sole intent on injuring is pure conjecture.  Given the down and distance, it was important to stop forward progress immediately.  Here is the thing from my perspective, the QB should use his arm to beat the opponent and not have to rely on putting his head down and trying to move the chains.  If that continues, injuries will continue.

Yeah. People are definitely overthinking this based on emotion. It was the type of dirty hit not all that uncommon to the game. Intentional dirty hit? Yes. Some kind of vendetta or intent to take Josh Allen out the game? Pure conjecture. It's like people are trying to relitigate the game to somehow change or explain the outcome after the fact. It's an exercise in futility. The game happened. The QB didn't play well. Seemed to be playing somewhat better in the second half largely reverting to what works for him but lends itself to injury unless you make protecting your body a priority. He has not learned that lesson yet, and maybe this will be a good one for him long term. Slide and live to face another down or this can and will happen. The guy you want to emulate is Russell Wilson. He's willing to give up a few yards to ensure that he remains healthy and in the game. Tough, but perhaps necessary teachable moment for Allen.

At this point, I'm over the game that occurred on Sunday, hoping Allen can recover quickly, and focused on the Titans regardless of whether it's Barkley or Allen. That means nothing because I'm just a fan, but I'm sure McDerott has the same approach, which is much more important than a message board post. You leave the past in the past and focus on the task at hand.

• Like (+1) 1

Any attempt to be "hard" and get revenge against the Patriots is going to result in game killing retaliation penalties and maybe even ejections/suspensions.  For crying out loud, Pats D-linemen are TAUGHT to throw their hands in the air if they get beat on a run because they know the refs will throw a flag if they do.  You don't think they will eject a Bills player for responding against Brady like that or even Jones?  Gotta be extra careful when the refs are in the pocket of the team owner who is on the officiating committee, and the league's golden boy QB.

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Sorry thought it was clear I was talking about the defense. Like everything you also talked about in your post before you randomly threw Gore into it.

They're great, but they're soft. They can get the job done though. I'll be fine with it if they get this team into the playoffs again.

Lol ok sure, the Bills defense is ‘soft’. You wanna die on that hill be my guest. 

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Lol ok sure, the Bills defense is ‘soft’. You wanna die on that hill be my guest. 

I'm not really dying on any hill... It's just an opinion...

You should lighten up.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

To end this arguement... Josh... FEET FIRST!!!

With this defense. You will more than likely live to see another day. Of course they are trying to end you. This is the only team in the AFCEast who poses a threat. SLIDE!!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I'm not even sure what that means...

Doesn't sound like someone who has lightened up

Here ya go

26 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I'd like to believe you're right, but after the ***** gronk pulled on Tre I've lost any faith in this team responding to physicality. Especially the defense.

It seems like the Oline doesn't take any crap, even if they stink at times they seem to have Allens back.

The D? Amazing, great... but soft and finesse

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Here ya go

So I gave the same opinion in another thread? Would it have been better if I said the opposite of what I thought? 

I feel like you think you're making a point, but you're really not. I just made another post in another thread. It's not like I'm flooding the board creating threads. 

Do you always have this difficult of a time when someone disagrees with you? Why you following me around lol?

6 minutes ago, Agent 91 said:

To end this arguement... Josh... FEET FIRST!!!

With this defense. You will more than likely live to see another day. Of course they are trying to end you. This is the only team in the AFCEast who poses a threat. SLIDE!!!

Agreed, people hate this, but I thought he should have slid too. Then decide whether to pin them back or go for it on 4th and 3.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

So I gave the same opinion in another thread? Would it have been better if I said the opposite of what I thought? 

I feel like you think you're making a point, but you're really not. I just made another post in another thread. It's not like I'm flooding the board creating threads. 

Do you always have this difficult of a time when someone disagrees with you? Why you following me around lol?

Well if you’re going to play dumb at least you go the whole way, I’ll give you credit for that.

To reiterate: you contention, so firmly held you felt compelled to throw it out in multiple threads, that the Bills defense is ‘soft’ because they didn’t retaliate...is dumb. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Well if you’re going to play dumb at least you go the whole way, I’ll give you credit for that.

To reiterate: you contention, so firmly held you felt compelled to throw it out in multiple threads, that the Bills defense is ‘soft’ because they didn’t retaliate...is dumb. 

I don't like being the guy to make that argument, but at a certain point when is someone going to lay a hit on someone? Especially against a team that routinely takes cheap shots. 

All they do is whine. I don't believe it's always the right way to go, but against the Pats, I think it is.

What's the one team in the AFC that always gave them a problem? The Ravens. They were always physical, Pollard was knocking guys out with crazy hits. The Ravens always gave them problems.

The Bills? Meh 31-3. You can call me dumb, but you're rooting for a proven losing strategy.

2 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

I agree that Josh sets himself up for this type of hit and needs to learn to slide. But...

Intention can only be known by one man: the guy who made the hit. I saw the replay, guy seemed pretty proud of the hit. Maybe he was just proud of finishing a play, maybe not. Can you honestly say that if Brady was on the receiving end the NFL wouldn't be reviewing further? 

Sure they would.  Brady is an all time great QB.  He's also known for not taking hits.  If a D-Lineman gets close to him he throws the ball away or falls down.  Josh wants to run and stiff arm people, etc.  I love it, but like I said, if he acts like a RB, defenders and the refs will treat him like that.  Especially being as big as he is.  A DB can't just "grab" Allen and stop him.  They have to hit him with venom or he's running through them.