Make the trade for Stephon Diggs

40 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Why did you quote me?

I would NEVER call someone a NE fan... that's just a low blow and I try to keep my comments semi-respectable 

mistake....woops.   Yeah that is a low blow, the guy is a nut job!  And probably a Dolphins fan.

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

And then we used a first round pick to draft him. You still only get the one player for that pick.

2014 1st rounder  + 2015 first rounder = Sammy Watkins in a Bills uniform. 

He cost us a total asset investment of 2 first round picks. 

Meanwhile, we could have had 

Mike Evans for the same price

OBJ for 1 pick

Brandin Cooks for 1 pick

Devante Adams for 1 pick

Jarvis Landry for 1 pick 

Allen Robinson for 1 pick. 

Now, obviously hindsight is 20-20 and there’s only so much we can fault them for. That being said, trading up to select what is one of the deepest positions of the draft is never smart. 

The bolded is why Ben Roethlisberger ended up in Pittsburgh instead of Buffalo.............and waiting and swooping in for the last prospect(JP Losman) cost the Bills a chance to select Aaron Rodgers the next year............so ya' know.........you are just oh-so very wrong.

Go get the guy you think is clearly the best player.

That was Watkins in the opinion of most.

If Watkins doesn't get boo-boo foot he'd have been a perennial 1200+ yard WR.........and he's still young and on pace for about 1400 this season.

Oh and when a great QB prospect falls in your lap and you need one........like Mahomes...........just f*cking take the guy and don't look back.........don't get cute and trade back with someone else who wants him.

First round picks not used on QB's are vastly overrated commodities.

The Bills went 9-7 and made the playoffs in 2017 with just 2 of their first round picks on the roster...........and one of them was Shaq and he sucked that year. 

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Foster, McKenzie, Duke would be an interesting WR corps, especially with emergence of Knox as a downfield threat. 

I'm kinda' with @MAJBobby on Diggs..........his skillset is too similar to what they already have to make him your #1.

If you have Tom Brady at QB that's fine............. but with Josh Allen I think you really want an elite deep ball tracker with an extra gear to go get it and a very large catch radius.

...Zim ain't talkin'................

Mike Zimmer declines to talk about Stefon Diggs situation, calling it an “internal matter”

Posted by Mike Florio on October 3, 2019, 4:12 PM EDT

A day after his failure to show up for work sparked plenty of speculation about receiver Stefon Diggs‘ future in Minnesota, his presence at practice (and comments to the media) sparked plenty more.

His head coach opted to add no fuel to the fire. Via Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, Mike Zimmer declined to discuss the Diggs situation, calling it an “internal matter.”

As to whether Diggs will play against the Giants on Sunday, Zimmer said (via Chad Graff of TheAthletic.com), “We’ll see.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/03/mike-zimmer-declines-to-talk-about-stefon-diggs-situation-calling-it-an-internal-matter/#comments

10 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I really hope they don’t trade Lawson, he’s having a really good year so far and he’s made a ton of improvements. If anything he should be one of the players that Buffalo retains and gives him a big extension 

Can't keep everyone. The defense will be fine if you lose Lawson. It is the strength of the team. I'd rather give up defensive assets than offensive assets.

But the problem with the Vikings is their offense, so it would be confusing to see them trade for a defensive player.

13 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I really hope they don’t trade Lawson, he’s having a really good year so far and he’s made a ton of improvements. If anything he should be one of the players that Buffalo retains and gives him a big extension 

...agree...kid has taken longer than others to round into form....doubt it's a BIG extension, but some decent money......don't see a long line of GM's with checkbooks in hand offering BIG money...probably wrong as usual.....crazy money abound.....

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...agree...kid has taken longer than others to round into form....doubt it's a BIG extension, but some decent money......don't see a long line of GM's with checkbooks in hand offering BIG money...probably wrong as usual.....crazy money abound.....

He was also a guy from the Whaley tenure. Probably kept him around cuz they have yet to find anyone better. 

43 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I'm kinda' with @MAJBobby on Diggs..........his skillset is too similar to what they already have to make him your #1.

If you have Tom Brady at QB that's fine............. but with Josh Allen I think you really want an elite deep ball tracker with an extra gear to go get it and a very large catch radius.

Yeah that’s what we want but I’m not sure that dude is available for trade.

Ideally I want a QB who can make all the throws with pinpoint accuracy and a rocket arm, but that doesn’t really help us tomorrow.

Edited by BringBackOrton

4 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

He was also a guy from the Whaley tenure. Probably kept him around cuz they have yet to find anyone better. 

...if "my guy versus their guy" is the SOLE criterion for judging a PLAYER'S contribution to this team, we have the WRONG people in charge of personnel PERIOD......asinine philosophy IMO.....

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Yeah that’s what we want but I’m not sure that dude is available for trade.

Ideally I want a QB who can make all the throws with pinpoint accuracy and a rocket arm, but that doesn’t really help us tomorrow.

They had him in their grasp but decided to punt and get an extra first round pick.

I love Allen though..........I just hope they don't wreck him with half measures offensively..........give him some horses and play to his strengths and let time do the rest. 

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

They had him in their grasp but decided to punt and get an extra first round pick.

I love Allen though..........I just hope they don't wreck him with half measures offensively..........give him some horses and play to his strengths and let time do the rest. 

Honestly though There’s no guarantee he would have the same success in Buffalo that he’s having in Kansas City he has Andy Reid as a coach

57 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Hrs definitely been noticeable This season. 

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I feel like Diggs can do it all. He’s athletically similar to Sammy imo

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Honestly though There’s no guarantee he would have the same success in Buffalo that he’s having in Kansas City he has Andy Reid as a coach

Funny thing is that Mahomes played last year with almost entirely the same talent that a then struggling Bills defense nearly shut out in KC in 2017.

Funny how Hill and Hunt and Kelce weren't so scary with a game managing QB and Andy Reid.

Watch the games...........it's the play of that QB.

• Like (+1) 3