Make the trade for Stephon Diggs

3 hours ago, Bangarang said:

His salary wasn’t as bad as I thought.

My biggest issue was the draft pick compensation that i figured it would take to get a deal done at the time. It’s not that I thought Duke was anything special or I preferred him over Diggs. I just didn’t want to part with multiple high picks when we were coming into a draft loaded at WR.

And then the crap stars aligned to give us this pandemic, leaving a situation in which landing an established veteran who already knows the ropes is greatly an advantage over just about any rookie.

(Insert Hulk's absolute win meme)

Just to add a little something on this since it was revived.

- When I suggested trading for Diggs......it WAS for a 2nd round pick which was what was being discussed at the time.....but at time there were also some other WR's that were also possibly on the market as free agents or possible trades for less also being discussed...that said....I am ok with it because.....

- In order to get into the WR's that I thought would be as good as Digges I knew were going to have to trade up......and after the whole Sammy Watkins thing I was worried just how much that was going to cost.....in the end Beane was thinking that same way....by his comments he was probably looking at one of the top 3 WR's.   In the end.....Diggs WAS our first round pick.....a consistant 1000 yard receiver on a cost controlled contract......instantly the best WR on our team.....making smoke a very good number 2.....making Bease a pretty good number 3.....and I would like to still draft a WR out of this draft.

- I dont really care about Diggs personna as a diva......Shady had that same thing going on and he is very much the same player just at a different position.  Diggs has the reputation of being one of the best route runners in the NFL.....he also fights for balls in traffic...think of how many passes to the end zone last year that WR's didnt down with that could have made a difference.....I can think of the wild card game just for starters.

Excited for the season.....whenver it comes.

• Like (+1) 3