Josh Allen 2019 Regular Season at 58.8% Completion Percentage

https://theathletic.com/1274413/2019/10/08/bills-film-room-how-the-game-plan-and-josh-allens-distribution-opened-up-the-offense/

With his performance, Allen ranked fifth in Pro Football Focus’ adjusted completion percentage for Week 5, with an 85.7 percent accuracy rating. A lot of that had to do with the line giving him the time to scan the field at his own pace.

On 10/6/2019 at 4:14 PM, Scott7975 said:

98.31 passer rating today btw.

On 10/6/2019 at 4:33 PM, thebug said:

Where you at today? Oh yeah, the Bills won! 

I literally just got home after sitting on a beach in Charleston for 6 days. 

I didn't watch a second of the game (wasn't on locally and no one wanted to go to a bar). I heard Allen was okay but threw another terrible interception.

Anyways, the Bills are 4-1 and should be at least 6-2 in four weeks which is great. I'm taking my son to his first game against Miami which should be a ton of fun.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, papazoid said:

josh not in top 25 in passer rating or total qbr

he has a long way to go yet

This oversimplifies his immense contributions to the team's wins

5 hours ago, jrober38 said:

I literally just got home after sitting on a beach in Charleston for 6 days. 

I didn't watch a second of the game (wasn't on locally and no one wanted to go to a bar). I heard Allen was okay but threw another terrible interception.

Anyways, the Bills are 4-1 and should be at least 6-2 in four weeks which is great. I'm taking my son to his first game against Miami which should be a ton of fun.

You should find a more reliable source...

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

This oversimplifies his immense contributions to the team's wins

You should find a more reliable source...

Immense contributions? The kid has how many turnovers? 

It's like praising the guy who saved the burning house, only to find out hes the one who lit it on fire to begin with.

Allen has taken strides this year, that's obvious, but hes also still had a lot of struggles which are obvious.

I'd be willing to bet, you put Allen on a team with a bottom ranked D, and there is not a chance he has four wins under his belt.

1 minute ago, BillsFan17 said:

It's like praising the guy who saved the burning house, only to find out hes the one who lit it on fire to begin with.

Allen has taken strides this year, that's obvious, but hes also still had a lot of struggles which are obvious.

I'd be willing to bet, you put Allen on a team with a bottom ranked D, and there is not a chance he has four wins under his belt.

Heaven knows he can't have struggles and still contribute in big ways. So, yeah, let's discount the fact that he led the team on touchdown drives in the fourth quarter, when his team needed them in 3 of the 5 games this year, because he may have been involved in some turnovers that led to points for the other team or ended scoring chances for his team.

Nonsensical.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

No.  Because football is a team game.  It is astounding the depths people will go to in order to slam a young QB because he's winning and dismaying those who predicted he'd be terrible.

Allen is a young QB and young QBs have things to learn.  As an example this past weekend both Mayfield and Jackson had tough days.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Heaven knows he can't have struggles and still contribute in big ways. So, yeah, let's discount the fact that he led the team on touchdown drives in the fourth quarter, when his team needed them in 3 of the 5 games this year, because he may have been involved in some turnovers that led to points for the other team or ended scoring chances for his team.

Nonsensical.

You basically spelled out what I said in my metaphor of being the savior of the burning house, only to have been the one to have lit it on fire in the first place. 

What's nonsensical is ignoring the defense has carried this team despite Allen during large chunks of games.

Just now, oldmanfan said:

No.  Because football is a team game.  It is astounding the depths people will go to in order to slam a young QB because he's winning and dismaying those who predicted he'd be terrible.

Allen is a young QB and young QBs have things to learn.  As an example this past weekend both Mayfield and Jackson had tough days.

My post is a slam? Or are you just looking for someone to try and start with?

IMO the Pats game showed our offense is missing a couple pieces more than anything.  We've given JA enough and he's shown enough to get by against solid defenses, but it's a lot to ask of JA to be a "truck" vs a "trailer" against the elite of the elite D's. 

1 minute ago, BillsFan17 said:

You basically spelled out what I said in my metaphor of being the savior of the burning house, only to have been the one to have lit it on fire in the first place. 

What's nonsensical is ignoring the defense has carried this team despite Allen during large chunks of games.

My post is a slam? Or are you just looking for someone to try and start with?

It is a slam. The bit about him being without 4 wins with a terrible D?  Come on.  It is a team game, thus your statement doesn't really provide much.

Allen is learning, and learning means you make mistakes at times.  I myself have said it's not making mistakes, but making the SAME mistake that can be irritating.  Like the pick last week; folks can say all they want it was on Yldon, etc., but Josh has to stop throwing back across into the middle of the field.  That is a recipe for disaster.

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

IMO the Pats game showed our offense is missing a couple pieces more than anything.  We've given JA enough and he's shown enough to get by against solid defenses, but it's a lot to ask of JA to be a "truck" vs a "trailer" against the elite of the elite D's. 

Insert Kroft, Duke & Motor......boom

7 hours ago, papazoid said:

josh not in top 25 in passer rating or total qbr

he has a long way to go yet

Sure, but there's lots of reasons for fans to be optimistic.  Allen made huge strides from the first half of his rookie season to his second half -- it was watching two totally different players.  Then he made another huge step forward over the offseason.  He has plenty of room for improvement, but the good news is that he's getting better over time and is very clearly on a positive trajectory.  

If Josh Allen 2022 is playing exactly like Josh Allen 2019, that would be unfortunate.  But we have no reason to expect that and good reason to expect additional development.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, BillsFan17 said:

That is more of an analogy than a metaphor and I got it the first time you used it.

What's nonsensical is criticizing him for mistakes / bad plays (which is fine); however, giving him no credit for the big plays he has made when he needed them. Because he wouldn't need to make the big plays if he didn't make the mistakes?

Really, is it that difficult to see the good and the bad?