Josh Allen 2019 Regular Season at 58.8% Completion Percentage

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

He's only been inaccurate on the deep ball.

He's been accurate to every other point on the field this season, including today.

Knox needs some work with the jugs machine.

First drive short to brown on 3rd was inaccurate. 

58 minutes ago, Luka said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/passing_advanced.htm

Didn't realize Russ and Brady were backups. Haven't missed any games either... your bias is showing lol

Dude, the link you posted shows Brady ranked 5th  and Russ is 13th in YAC. What are you talking about. 

Od post after the Bills scored and held the opposing offense under the league average....against a losing team....for a loss...

I guess you got me? 

31 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

He's been accurate to every other point on the field this season, including today.

Josh has been inaccurate on more than just the deep balls. The problem is some of the other QB’s have some playmakers who have WR’s who can make the spectacular catch or adjust to the ball andthe Bills don’t. Landry made a spectacular catch on their last drive which helped Baker out.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, london_bills said:

First drive short to brown on 3rd was inaccurate. 

Don't remember that particular play so I have to go back and check which play you're talking about.

Was this the "wildly inaccurate" throw often attributed to Allen or the type of NFL throw every single NFL QB--including the most accurate ones--misses occasionally?

I'm not saying he doesn't still miss on some of those short to intermediate throws, but he's missing those at a fraction of the rate that he was last year.

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I think he's been inaccurate much of the season. How often has john brown needed to stretch to make a catch when he was open. Accuracy is hitting players in stride, leading them properly, throwing where the defender can't break up the play. And his deep ball is horrendous. I don't recall another QB that was that terrible on the deep passes. That's a disturbing problem for a NFL QB.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Don't remember that particular play so I have to go back and check which play you're talking about.

Was this the "wildly inaccurate" throw often attributed to Allen or the type of NFL throw every single NFL QB--including the most accurate ones--misses occasionally?

I'm not saying he doesn't still miss on some of those short to intermediate throws, but he's missing those at a fraction of the rate that he was last year.

It was a bad throw. Pretty sure it was on our first drive of the game. Brown was wide open for a first down and Allen threw the ball behind him. It was the play right after the Knox drop at the sideline 

Edited by Bangarang

1 hour ago, Iverwig said:

Josh has been inaccurate on more than just the deep balls. The problem is some of the other QB’s have some playmakers who have WR’s who can make the spectacular catch or adjust to the ball andthe Bills don’t. Landry made a spectacular catch on their last drive which helped Baker out.   

So what you're saying is that Josh is as accurate as other NFL QBs, but he doesn't have the talent that would mask some of his inaccurate, but still catchable passes?

Completely agree. :beer:

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I think he's been inaccurate much of the season. How often has john brown needed to stretch to make a catch when he was open. Accuracy is hitting players in stride, leading them properly, throwing where the defender can't break up the play. And his deep ball is horrendous. I don't recall another QB that was that terrible on the deep passes. That's a disturbing problem for a NFL QB.

Deep ball has been atrocious. But no, you're looking at his other passes with your "grass is greener on the other side" glasses. You're probably just dumbfounded John Brown is making NFL catches when another guy we had on our roster as a starting WR for 2 1/2 years made routine NFL catches look difficult.

10 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

It was a bad throw. Pretty sure it was on our first drive of the game. Brown was wide open for a first down and Allen threw the ball behind him. It was the play right after the Knox drop at the sideline 

Those passes suddenly aren't allowed from time to time or are you just saying he wasn't "perfect" in the short areas?

20 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It was the kind of nervous pass that Allen throws sometimes at the beginning of the game. He often starts 'nervously' is the only way I can put it. An easy throw for a QB and he misses it (brown could have caught it but it would have been a difficult catch) and we are 3 and out and punt. Inconsistency and often a lack of conviction when it matters. 

I am expecting more from Allen which may be unrealistic due to his skillet. 

Edited by london_bills

I can't wait to see the deep throw to McKenzie on the 22 review.  Maybe it was my looking at Allen's passes through rose colored glasses but McKenzie looked like he was running in sand on that play.  he seemed slow and it even looked like he slowed down.  Did anyone else notice this?

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I can't wait to see the deep throw to McKenzie on the 22 review.  Maybe it was my looking at Allen's passes through rose colored glasses but McKenzie looked like he was running in sand on that play.  he seemed slow and it even looked like he slowed down.  Did anyone else notice this?

I noticed Allen has consistently overthrown deep balls by 5 yards or more.

All season. They must work on that during the week? wtf

3 minutes ago, london_bills said:

It was the kind of nervous pass that Allen throws sometimes at the beginning of the game. He often starts 'nervously' is the only way I can put it. An easy throw for a QB and he misses it (brown could have caught it but it would have been a difficult catch) and we are 3 and out and punt. Inconsistency and often a lack of conviction when it matters. 

Allen is late to throw a lot (anticipation). Sometimes he can get away with it because his arm strength can get a fastball there quickly. Sometimes it can’t. Allen is using his physiology to try and play catch up. This is the NFL, not the mountain west, it’s not working. It’s 20 starts of this now.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Not really although the pass seemed to take ages to come down

Just now, Mango said:

Allen is late to throw a lot (anticipation). Sometimes he can get away with it because his arm strength can get a fastball there quickly. Sometimes it can’t. Allen is using his physiology to try and play catch up. This is the NFL, not the mountain west, it’s not working. It’s 20 starts of this now.

He is late. End zone to Knox a split second earlier is a TD. 

Edited by london_bills
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Deep ball has been atrocious. But no, you're looking at his other passes with your "grass is greener on the other side" glasses. You're probably just dumbfounded John Brown is making NFL catches when another guy we had on our roster as a starting WR for 2 1/2 years made routine NFL catches look difficult.

No, I'm seriously concerned that he forces open receivers to make more difficult catches than necessary. Numerous times Brown was open and couldn't get any YAC because of an inaccurate pass. It's a concern at this point.

3 minutes ago, london_bills said:

Not really although the pass seemed to take ages to come down

He is late. End zone to Knox a split second earlier is a TD. 

I could understand him being late, as he's still young and learning to read defenses.It's his inaccuracy that still rears it's ugly head too often.