Josh Allen 2019 Regular Season at 58.8% Completion Percentage

Well after being above 60% for the entire season he is now at 59% and with only two games left and one of them being against New England I would say odds are he finishes the season sub 60%. But you know what? That's exactly in the range where I felt he needed to be for the Bills to be successful. That 58-60% range. Looks like I was spot on. If Allen ever gets to the 63-65% he'll probably be having an MVP type season.

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Anybody else feel like our Offensive Coordinator sucks???

No.

2 hours ago, racketmaster said:

How much of the conservative game plan is coming from the HC?

This. We simply CANNOT know the answer, but we must consider the question. 

I thought Allen looked fairly dialed in tonight, and that they should have put the game on his shoulders more in the second half. He obviously responded following that chicken-$#!t red zone sequence that resulted in (an admittedly important) field goal. 

If you want to run to milk the clock, at least do so out of 11-personnel, right? Give the defense something to think about, and the offense an ability to audible/attack if the D over-commits to the run. That predictable, tight-formation approach has not been effective. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Me! Me! Me!!

I was SMH at the 2nd to last possession which almost cost us dearly in failing to even attempt to gain a needed first down—I felt like Dabs misread the clock time remaining or something—but hey, he gets paid the big bucks by Terry, not me. 

29 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Well after being above 60% for the entire season he is now at 59% and with only two games left and one of them being against New England I would say odds are he finishes the season sub 60%. But you know what? That's exactly in the range where I felt he needed to be for the Bills to be successful. That 58-60% range. Looks like I was spot on. If Allen ever gets to the 63-65% he'll probably be having an MVP type season.

I thought Allen would get above 60% completion percentage.

I actually still think he's going to be a bit above 60% when all is said and done.

It would help if our WRs weren't smurfs and could catch the damn ball.

Before you freak out about me being hyperbolic, the Bills had BY FAR the highest drop percentage in the nfl coming in to this week. Can't imagine this game helped, either.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Anybody else feel like our Offensive Coordinator sucks???

It’s a love/hate thing with him—I really like his play designs at times, but then other times I want to toss the TV out the door after a frustratingly predictable series...so in sum the jury is still out and we have won 10 games so this is a first world problem for us right now ;)

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Josh Allen went from being the most raw QB in the NFL to a good starter on a playoff team  in a year and a half so no.

The Bills made the playoffs 2 years ago. How is this a measuring stick?

I think Allen could be much better right now.

I also fear this style of conservative coaching in the playoffs. 

Running the ball 3 times inside the opponents' 10 yard line (while being closer to the 10 than the 5) demonstrates fear, and lots of it.

Fear trounces you out of the playoffs.

So sick of cowardly coaching.

6 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Running the ball 3 times inside the opponents' 10 yard line (while being closer to the 10 than the 5) demonstrates fear, and lots of it.

I get it I think I can't help but want to see them push it further with our offense but at the same time I do understand that right now the part of the team they trust the most is the defense and they're going to play accordingly. Maybe in the next couple games with the playoffs secure they'll put some more of the weight on the offense.

9 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

So you clearly didn't understand who we were playing against.

That was a great defense over there.  And we did exactly what needed to be done.  Secure points.  Let the defense win against an offense that could do nothing tonight.  

Now, if we call a series like that against far inferior defense and against teams that are going to most definitely score points, then you can scratch your head and criticize.

Not in this game.  

• Like (+1) 2