The Duke Williams Bandwagon Post

ChicagoRic

Jones didn't lose them the game today (Allen's futility). With the erratic QB play, the Bills are very fortunate to have the record they do (credit the D, lousy opposition,  Allen's play late in a couple of them and luck-- he could have easily turned it over a couple more times to the Jets).

That said, I am in agreement about Jones He is worthless on the field, and actually a liability (failing to play DB on an INT). Dropped at least one pass today (Not counting the TD-- that would have been a great catch, and he's never had one of those). I'd love to see him off the team tomorrow (and I was all for giving him time' even going into this season--- well, enough!!!).

Anyone they replace him with could not be worse-- or do less.

Edited by par73
omission corrected

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/27/bills-vs-patriots-final-friday-injury-report/

McKenzie was questionable to play with a bad ankle according to this link. In not sure he was active today. 

as far as  Zay Jones is concerned he isnt playing with much heart in my opinion like he is mailing it in. Id rather have a hungry guy like Duke Williams who you know will ball hard and fight for catches.

Edited by Margarita
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Bangarang said:

I have bigger issues with the throws into double coverage

Agreed that those throws shouldn't have been made, but if a receiver isn't going to fight for a deep ball he shouldn't be on the field.  I don't think it's reasonable or realistic to say that if a QB makes a bad decision he shouldn't be out there (although if he keeps making 5 bad decisions a game, he'll be gone soon enough.)

I'm all for bringing Duke up and letting Zay go.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

Agreed that those throws shouldn't have been made, but if a receiver isn't going to fight for a deep ball he shouldn't be on the field.  I don't think it's reasonable or realistic to say that if a QB makes a bad decision he shouldn't be out there (although if he keeps making 5 bad decisions a game, he'll be gone soon enough.)

Correct.

8 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Duke should have been on the roster all along.  Wasn't there a movie entitled "Where's Foster?"

I don’t know about a movie, but probably there’s a thread somewhere down in the archives...?

40 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

I don't think it's reasonable or realistic to say that if a QB makes a bad decision he shouldn't be out there (although if he keeps making 5 bad decisions a game, he'll be gone soon enough.)

Actually, that might take longer than you think...?

Zay Jones is a replacement level wr and should never have been starting this year. WE knew this coming into the year as he failed to demonstrate any special qualities such as catching ability, catch radius, speed, quickness, run after catch. Jones has been average or poor in all those wr traits. The best I can say for Jones, is that he knows his playbook and he is a solid route runner. The only reason Jones has been on the field is that the coaching staff invested a high pick in him and they have been reluctant to admit their mistake. Hopefully, his days are numbered as there are better options, one of which may be Duke Williams. I'd prefer to see more Isiah McKenzie and Foster but Williams will at least go up and fight for contested balls and could be an asset in the red zone. 

What I wish the Bills had done was draft AJ Brown in the 2nd instead of trading up for Ford. Brown was my favorite wr in the draft and I'm not sure why he lasted as long as he did. I like Ford but if AJ Brown were drafted instead, he would have been a perfect compliment to John Brown and Cole Beasley. 

1 hour ago, Captain Caveman said:

A few of those could have been incomplete if Zay just fights for the ball.  Heck, interfere with the DB if you have to, do anything but what he has done on those throws.

18 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

WR needs to get better. Poeple lining for duke are like the poeple pining for Barkley yesterday.

the depth chart is this way for a reason  

I’m not sure where you’re going here. I think those pining for Duke agree that the WR group has to get better. It’s perfectly OK to look for guys on your own roster to step it up. (Case on point, Pecko made a nice play with Harrison Phillips now our.)

24 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m not sure where you’re going here. I think those pining for Duke agree that the WR group has to get better. It’s perfectly OK to look for guys on your own roster to step it up. (Case on point, Pecko made a nice play with Harrison Phillips now our.)

I’m saying i have no clue why so many people are positive this cfl practice squad guy is so much better than the #3 who’s already easily beaten him for the job. 

I want better too, but beane going to need to find a dance partner. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’m saying i have no clue why so many people are positive this cfl practice squad guy is so much better than the #3 who’s already easily beaten him for the job. 

I want better too, but beane going to need to find a dance partner. 

I'm not sure that he's better, but he does have some history that indicates he can perform physically at a level similar to Zay.

He was the #1 junior college recruit in 2014, and went to Auburn, where he was kicked off the team after only a few games for team rules violations (I believe he was in a barfight.) . In his first game at AUburn he had 9 catches for 154 yards and a TD.

He led the CFL in receiving last year, and looked very good in preseason along with several circus catches that have made the internet rounds since he's been with the Bills.  He's also a guy that has blown opportunities, and has talked about how he knows he's probably on his last chance, so I'd be very surprised if you saw him not at least contest those deep balls we saw yesterday.

3 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Let’s separate the 2 different issues. Zay needs to go. BUT His replacement doesn’t need to be Duke. Use some random late pick and get a real NFL receiver. We have a GM. We don’t have to sit pat. 

This.  I’m fine upgrading Zay. geeze even brown was mostly shut down all day.  But two preseason circus catches Over guys that aren’t on 53s doesn’t mean much.

hes this year’s Reilly or DaRick.

exloore the trade market and get a real upgrade.

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

This.  I’m fine upgrading Zay. geeze even brown was mostly shut down all day.  But two preseason circus catches Over guys that aren’t on 53s doesn’t mean much.

Mike drop on that one.......

4 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Mike drop on that one.......

I think people are just saying give him a shot what do you have to lose?

Draft status doesn’t mean a thing when you are on the field. You have to earn your reps, earn your money, and fight for your career. Zay has been babied by this regiment, and it has not been good for his “development”. He seems to just go through the motions out there... 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

But how do you know that he won’t perform? Duke’s performed when given the chances, that’s all he can do. He performed in his one game at Auburn, performed at JUCO, performed in the CFL, performed in pre-season (he can’t help the competition he was up against), and has looked good in practice from the footage we see. Zay on the other hand looks disinterested at times and often has balls hit his hands (doesn’t mean it’s perfect passes) that he drops. Exploring the trade market is all well and good, but at this point getting a receiver in and up to speed would take some time. Far better option, if moving on from Zay, is to see what you have on the practice squad for a few games. Foster or Zay could go to make room and there would be absolutely no loss of talent. Foster and Zay have been absolutely non existent this season. 

Edited by Bills2ref
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

But how do you know that he won’t perform? Duke’s performed when given the chances, that’s all he can. He performed in his one game at Auburn, performed at JUCO, performed in the CFL, performed in pre-season (he can’t help the competition he was up against), and has looked good in practice from the footage we see. Zay on the other hand looks disinterested at times and often has balls hit his hands (doesn’t mean it’s perfect passes) that he drops. Exploring the trade market is all well and good, but at this point getting a receiver in and up to speed would take some time. Far better option, if moving on from Zay, is to see what you have on the practice squad for a few games. Foster or Zay could go to make room and there would be absolutely no loss of talent. Foster and Zay have been absolutely non existent this season. 

Hos do I know what... that the coaches, whose professional expertise is putting a team of the best players together, opted out of adding the guy to the team? 

ZJ is third on the depth chart. He’s not there because the cfl guy is way better and the coaches are afraid to play him. 

Upgrade? Please!  But it’s not on the current team or PS

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood