The Duke Williams Bandwagon Post

ChicagoRic

10 minutes ago, ChicagoRic said:

Just to get this outta the way, with the  3 deep ball INTS all basically uncontested, is it Duke Williams time?  Zay Jones does not know how, or even when, to fight for the ball.  Gutsy game by the Bills, no reason to hang their heads.

3 very poor decisions by Allen- that's where the focus needs to be. He lost the game for us. Coaching was pretty awful too. Except for the defense.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

Kelvin’s problem wasn’t his speed. He was productive in the years he cared. His problem is he got lazy and fat. 

But he was slow and lazy also. Duke is 27. He is a backup plan for injuries. Nothing more. We would more likely trade for a weapon than use him IMO. 

1 minute ago, Josh_Allen said:

They need to cut ties with Zay Jones.  I know they drafted him, but c'mon, he's terrible.

I would put money that he makes that play in the end zone that Jones let slip and was first ruled an interception.  Jones has had many chances and keeps on coming up short and not making plays when they are there to make.

13 minutes ago, ChicagoRic said:

Just to get this outta the way, with the  3 deep ball INTS all basically uncontested, is it Duke Williams time?  Zay Jones does not know how, or even when, to fight for the ball.  Gutsy game by the Bills, no reason to hang their heads.

Zay is a bust and is only on this roster b/c McBeane have a stake in his success, having put him on the team in the first place.

If he was a leftover from Whaley, he would have been gone a while ago.

Edited by Nextmanup

14 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I have bigger issues with the throws into double coverage

But I think if Duke were in there he fights for those balls and 1 or 2 more aren't intercepted.

I don't know how anyone can think Zay Jones is anything other than a waste of space right now. Another pass that isn't officially a drop and would have been a tough catch that he, yet again, just couldn't pull in.

Honestly, if Allen is out next week and Barkley is in, I think the likelihood of Duke being promoted just goes up.

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

But I think if Duke were in there he fights for those balls and 1 or 2 more aren't intercepted.

I don't know how anyone can think Zay Jones is anything other than a waste of space right now. Another pass that isn't officially a drop and would have been a tough catch that he, yet again, just couldn't pull in.

Honestly, if Allen is out next week and Barkley is in, I think the likelihood of Duke being promoted just goes up.

Duke maybe puts up more of a fight but I don’t know if the outcome is any different. 

Zay is what he is. Nobody is making excuses for him or hyping him up to be something that he clearly isn’t.

I don’t expect Allen to be our next week based on how he ran off the field after the injury.

24 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Just say no. Who needs another slow Kelvin Benjamin jump ball guy. We just need someone who is lightning fast and can run by people. We let Goodwin go and that was the guy. 

Ummm.   Goodwin left 3 years ago ......and we have 2 burners in Brown and Foster.

28 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Duke maybe puts up more of a fight but I don’t know if the outcome is any different. 

Zay is what he is. Nobody is making excuses for him or hyping him up to be something that he clearly isn’t.

I don’t expect Allen to be our next week based on how he ran off the field after the injury.

Out?

Regardless, Zay is wasted space. Promote Duke to try something new.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, ChicagoRic said:

I dont agree, WIth Duke Johnson in and Zay out those three INT's are still INT's.  Those are on the QB throwing where he should not be, trying to make things happen.   Allen forces the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mattynh said:

I dont agree, WIth Duke Johnson in and Zay out those three INT's are still INT's.  Those are on the QB throwing where he should not be, trying to make things happen.   Allen forces the ball.

I was gonna say something similar. I'm not sure about on the sideline, but the other ones were too under thrown and gave the DB too much of an advantage. It's much easier to move in on a catch than reverse direction to compete. 

• Like (+1) 1