Josh Allen in concussion protocol: Update cleared 10/5

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

That video shows exactly what I meant. And I’ll give Daboll credit as well. I liked the quicker tempo with Allen getting us to the LOS with a lot of time to survey his pre-snap reads. I’d like to see more of that moving forward. Seems we are constantly in too much of hurry with the checks and snapping the ball barely in time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, VW82 said:

It would be insanely dumb IMO to play Josh on Sunday. Even if he's able to clear concussion protocol prior to game time why not give him the game off and be 100% sure he's OK. Bring him back after the bye vs Miami and let him find his feet against a weak opponent. You also have the added benefit of letting him watch and learn, and take the necessary time to digest that Pats loss and his up and down start to the year. It worked last year. 

independent neurologist run the tests for players to clear protocol, if i'm not mistaken. if they clear they are 100% ready.... so if he clears he should play. PERIOD.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, VW82 said:

It would be insanely dumb IMO to play Josh on Sunday. Even if he's able to clear concussion protocol prior to game time why not give him the game off and be 100% sure he's OK. Bring him back after the bye vs Miami and let him find his feet against a weak opponent. You also have the added benefit of letting him watch and learn, and take the necessary time to digest that Pats loss and his up and down start to the year. It worked last year. 

They can be 100% sure he's okay this week, that's how the concussion protocol works. More to that point, you play him because he's your franchise QB and you do everything you can to win every single game. The titans don't scare me, but if Allen is good to go and we don't play him and then we lose, the what if of that situation is the kind of thing that ruins a season. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The fact that he's sitting in on meetings and doing individual warmups is a good sign. Tomorrow's status update will be crucial.

We can't rule out the possibility that they sit him vs Titans due to the bye week coming after that.

Just now, whatdrought said:

Do they have complimentary coffee and snacks there? I'm not going if there isn't creamer for the coffee- none of this half and half bs either. I want the real stuff. 

I'm assuming they will have pumpkin spice creamer.

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

They can be 100% sure he's okay this week, that's how the concussion protocol works. More to that point, you play him because he's your franchise QB and you do everything you can to win every single game. The titans don't scare me, but if Allen is good to go and we don't play him and then we lose, the what if of that situation is the kind of thing that ruins a season. 

Yep. The sooner he’s able to wash the bad taste of the Pats*** game, the better. Plus, he beat the Titans with a game winning drive last year as well. He’s familiar with them.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

That video shows exactly what I meant. And I’ll give Daboll credit as well. I liked the quicker tempo with Allen getting us to the LOS with a lot of time to survey his pre-snap reads. I’d like to see more of that moving forward. Seems we are constantly in too much of hurry with the checks and snapping the ball barely in time.

Yep. He wasn’t awful the entire game. He was bad for a half. And yes the controversial third INT was in the third quarter. And yes, Daboll consistently gets plays in late. Josh also responds well to hurry up. Not always but usually. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

independent neurologist run the tests for players to clear protocol. if they clear they are 100% ready.... so if he clears he should play. PERIOD.

The thing with concussions is you never really know. Josh can get cleared by the best neurologists on the planet. It's still an educated guess. Like I said, there's also the added benefit of letting him watch and learn for a week. That was a brutal performance on Sunday and he's struggled at times in the other games too. Maybe sitting out a week will help him learn that every possession counts.