Josh Allen in concussion protocol: Update cleared 10/5

YoloinOhio

7 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Thing is, he hasn't had a good game all year.  Yeah he's had flashes and led comebacks that he created the need for with sloppy ball handling, but overall, he's not much better than last year and thats not good.

Kind of disagree ... opponents aside he had 63% plus completion percentage in first three games .. much better than last year's performance (net of last game of season vs. Miami).  Also, I rank QBs to a certain degree by 4th quarter comebacks (regardless if he was cause of the need to come back) ... that was my major issue with Tyrod ... he couldn't do it (4 in his 8 year career) and Josh has 4 already in 15 games.  At the end of the day its about "W's" and right wrong or indifferent Josh has led winning drives in 2019 ... I'll take that.

34 minutes ago, WideRightRevenge said:

Kthat was my major issue with Tyrod ... he couldn't do it (4 in his 8 year career) and Josh has 4 already in 15 games.  

Uhm what? It is kinda hard to orchestrate any comeback while sitting on the bench ?

Other than that I agree with your post.

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

False.

Insightful.  If I told you another team thought they had their franchise QB because he's thrown for 900 yards, 3 TD, 6 INT, 5 Fumbles and a passer rating of 69, how hard would you be laughing at them?

42 minutes ago, WideRightRevenge said:

Kind of disagree ... opponents aside he had 63% plus completion percentage in first three games .. much better than last year's performance (net of last game of season vs. Miami).  Also, I rank QBs to a certain degree by 4th quarter comebacks (regardless if he was cause of the need to come back) ... that was my major issue with Tyrod ... he couldn't do it (4 in his 8 year career) and Josh has 4 already in 15 games.  At the end of the day its about "W's" and right wrong or indifferent Josh has led winning drives in 2019 ... I'll take that.

900 yards, 3 TD, 6 INT, 5 Fumbles and a passer rating of 69... If you call this an improvement, that's fine, but it also shows you why they have had to come back.  He hasn't played well.

I'd be laughing at them because they've been going by boxscores instead of watching the games.

At a minimum, THREE of those INT can't be accounted to him, and they occurred in the Jets game.

Also, that person is ignoring the value of his legs in the red zone. So, obviously THAT fan's an idiot.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BuffaloBob said:

Not really.  While it is true there was some dead cap money ($2.625 million), we still saved saved his full salary of $6.175 million. 

The stats below were listed in early 2019, so we paid his $250,000 workout bonus.  Because it was his last year, the only dead cap money was the final proration of his contact and that dead cap space of $2.625 million was going to be with us this season whether we paid his salary and kept him, or if we cut him.  So cutting him saved the full salary and added nothing additonal to the dead cap space we already were carrying for him this season.

LeSean McCoy

2019 cap hit: $9.05 million
Workout bonus portion: $250,000
Salary due: $6.175 million
Dead money: $2.625 million
Cap savings: $6.425 million

When someone starts throwing numbers around you know that they don’t have a leg to stand on.

I’ll try this again in this thread. 

The McCoy release only makes sense if the aim is to release one player with greater talent over another with obviously less talent. That’s it.

Keep your “but, but, but, Shady might not have accepted a lesser role happily.” WTF cares? Let The Process take care of that one. If It cannot then it isn’t worth much. Is it?

Were they “doing good” for a guy who had carried the load and asked to be released?  If that’s what The Process is about then it needs fixed.

Was McDermott “doing a solid” for his buddy Mozart? I sure hope that debts incurred be The Process don’t go back that far.

They, Beane and McDermott, left a hole in the roster. To put it succinctly, they ***** up. They sent talent away and kept lesser talent.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Only a healthy, able to process full speed JA please

I want him out there but I don’t think we’ll get him

......probably not and I shudder to think what type of game plan Daboll will devise with Barkley at the helm.........stay tuned.........

46 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

When someone starts throwing numbers around you know that they don’t have a leg to stand on.

The McCoy release only makes sense if the aim is to release one player with greater talent over another with obviously less talent. That’s it.

Keep your “but, but, but, Shady might not have accepted a lesser role happily.” WTF cares? Let The Process take care of that one. If It cannot then it isn’t worth much. Is it?

Were they “doing good” for a guy who had carried the load and asked to be released?  If that’s what The Process is about then it needs fixed.

Was McDermott “doing a solid” for his buddy Mozart? I sure hope that debts incurred be The Process don’t go back that far.

They, Beane and McDermott, left a hole in the roster. To put it succinctly, they ***** up. They sent talent away and kept lesser talent.

So what are you trying to say? We should have kept McCoy?

58 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

I disagree. McCoy RADICALLY underperformed his pay level the past two years and really did have to go.

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I'd be laughing at them because they've been going by boxscores instead of watching the games.

At a minimum, THREE of those INT can't be accounted to him, and they occurred in the Jets game.

Also, that person is ignoring the value of his legs in the red zone. So, obviously THAT fan's an idiot.

Oh my goodness a whole 2 extra TDs, one being from less than a half a yard away, who else on the planet could possibly do that?! 

I'm sorry, but if you are so blinded by the fact the TEAM won, despite having to overcome multiple dumb, careless turnovers and multiple missed opportunities by a mediocre QB who happens to be a great athlete, there is no use in pointing out the truth.  I'd bet you think Lamar Jackson sucks too, right?  If you watch as an unbaised observer, Jackson has been a FAR better QB and I think he is a running back who happens to throw.  Allen has been trash this season outside of maybe 6 drives and here we see the BuffaloBills Beer goggles on, telling us all that 2x more turnovers to TDs is just a stat.  No, its a fact and you are a fool.  Not to mention thise stats come against 4 teams with a combined 6 wins and the PATS have 4 of them.  You are embarrassing yourself.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DCofNC said:

Oh my goodness a whole 2 extra TDs, one being from less than a half a yard away, who else on the planet could possibly do that?! 

I'm sorry, but if you are so blinded by the fact the TEAM won, despite having to overcome multiple dumb, careless turnovers and multiple missed opportunities by a mediocre QB who happens to be a great athlete, there is no use in pointing out the truth.  I'd bet you think Lamar Jackson sucks too, right?  If you watch as an unbaised observer, Jackson has been a FAR better QB and I think he is a running back who happens to throw.  Allen has been trash this season outside of maybe 6 drives and here we see the BuffaloBills Beer goggles on, telling us all that 2x more turnovers to TDs is just a stat.  No, its a fact and you are a fool.  Not to mention thise stats come against 4 teams with a combined 6 wins and the PATS have 4 of them.  You are embarrassing yourself.

:lol:

You have ZERO credibility here, pal. No offense.

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

:lol:

You have ZERO credibility here, pal. No offense.

Oh, we hide behind, "I have been on this site for longer than you, I know more."  Cool strategy.

If you get credit for "knowledge" like yours, I don't need it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I disagree. McCoy RADICALLY underperformed his pay level the past two years and really did have to go.

How he performed to his pay is immaterial. I’m not paying him and the team has plenty of cap.

They cut talent, kept lesser talent and created a hole in the roster.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, DCofNC said:

Oh, we hide behind, "I have been on this site for longer than you, I know more."  Cool strategy.

I really hope you enjoy your time here.  Are you having fun, so far?

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, DCofNC said:

You showed up, what, two months ago and have posted literally the exact same thing in EVERY single post.

You're a troll, and a low-information troll at that.

1 minute ago, Cripple Creek said:

How he performed to his pay is immaterial. I’m not paying him and the team has plenty of cap.

They cut talent, kept lesser talent and created a hole in the roster.

I disagree. It's apparent to me they felt that Singletary was going to outperform McCoy this year, and thus made McCoy as useful as a vestigal tail.

You COULD make an argument that McCoy would be a better #3 RB. That would be legitimate. But if you're calling cutting the #3 back "creating a hole," I think that's a bit of a stretch.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

You showed up, what, two months ago and have posted literally the exact same thing in EVERY single post.

I disagree. It's apparent to me they felt that Singletary was going to outperform McCoy this year, and thus made McCoy as useful as a vestigal tail.

You COULD make an argument that McCoy would be a better #3 RB. That would be legitimate. But if you're calling cutting the #3 back "creating a hole," I think that's a bit of a stretch.

Again with no facts behind your opinions that you hold as self evident truths.

19 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I really hope you enjoy your time here.  Are you having fun, so far?

There are goid discussions and blind homers who argue every fact based post they dont like, I'm not into the " grandpa knows best" attitude carried by a lot of the group.

6 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Again with no facts behind your opinions that you hold as self evident truths.

There are goid discussions and blind homers who argue every fact based post they dont like, I'm not into the " grandpa knows best" attitude carried by a lot of the group.

Bless your little heart.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Did we have to “decent” running options on Sunday? No.

i don’t care where you slot Singletary, first, second, third. He was unavailable. I don’t care where you slot McCoy or Gore either. We have rotational offensive linemen ferchrissakes and people are focusing on who would #X.

On Sunday McCoy would have definitely helped the offensive attack. How many more games need to be lost before people wake up and say, “oh, maybe we should not have done that.”

• Like (+1) 1