Post Game Thread Bills vs Pats*

Chandler#81

8 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

No he didn’t , many of those were unforced errors. We saw the frustration coming out from a young QB that forced things when the opportunity wasn’t really there. Patience will come slowly to Josh, it seems. However, he has talent and just might have pulled this out against the odds. 

I wish josh was in for the last drive, we needed the ability to scramble and make magic happen like he can do. I'm not writing off Allen by any means, I believe he can go to the playoffs. But today if josh would have had a remotely decent day, the Bill's win the most important game of the season for the Bill's. But he had arguably the worst game in his nfl career in a very winnable game. And that worries me for the future a little.

2 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

What did I say that you’re disagreeing with?  You think our Offense can get us to the promised land?   Just sleep it off and everything will be ok tomorrow?

Omg. Cool off for 24 hours.  Rewatch the game tomorrow and it will all be ok.  This team is progressing on schedule.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JoPar_v2 said:

I didn’t even bring it up big guy - i just agreed with someone else. You felt the need to interject, which is fine, but many people, not just me, kinda think we shoulda taken Mahomes. Again, that was McD’s draft. This wasn’t ancient history.

No, your team just lost but turned in a good effort and your take away is we could have had Mahomes?! I just dont get that line of thinking. Hindsight is always 20/20. It is what it is - such is life. Deal with the hand you are delt, why fixate on what isnt and will never be? If thats how you wanna deal with a loss then more power to you. Id rather focus on reality and this team going forward. Now, moving on to the Titans!!

5 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Is Foster out?  Imagine if we had two speed guys on the outside and both could catch better than Jones.  I've seen enough of Jones to ever believe he's going to come around and put together whole seasons of good football.

They brought Andre out for one play and he looked good. I know he is the man on returns, but even in training camp he was turning heads as a receiver. 

Perhaps with Foster out, he gets a week of practice in that role and we will see more of him next week.

2 minutes ago, Ray Finkel said:

I don’t believe he will ever be a good deep ball thrower.  He also has accuracy issues on other throws as well.  Not sure if the coaches can teach those flaws.

you cant coach that--me and others have stated that a million times on here. what you CAN do is realize your weaknesses and your strengths and call plays and make throws accordingly. the same thing we said about fitzy and his jr high arm strength...while people on here were digging up film of him winding up and throwing a 45 yd duck with the wind at his back to a terrell owens who brilliantly slowed his route then pushed off to get free and catch the ball in stride--and claimed that that was proof that fitzy didnt have a joke arm. 

Let’s see where does this game have me.  

1st - Most important. Still excited for the rest of the season. This is a double digit win football team. 

2nd - taking a step back from saying Josh is the future. He was Bad today and it wasn’t just a couple plays. But at the same time is one game in September. But this game will give all those Josh Haters from the draft the ammo they need. 

3rd - this defense is elite. It is a playoff defense and arguably a championship defense. This defense I just Hope is not going to be wasted. 

4th - time to find a new punter. 

5th - time to move on from Zay Jones. Was hoping for the light to come on. Just doesn’t seem like it is going to. And over the 1st QTR of the season only bad things have happened when Zay is Targeted. 

6th - NFL Officiating is just as inconsistent and disgusting as our Punter is. 

on to Tenn and 5-1 before the bye. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

that’s very nice sentiment. Which decade are we to expect results to follow that sentiment? Because it’s getting a bit ridiculous. They could have easily won today if we had any offensive competency outside of one drive. 

For the first time in a while, I do think we've got enough talent to hang with them and beat them on any given day.  The defense has gotten better and better against them and the offense just needs to execute.

I don't think the Patriots or their obnoxious fans are going to want to see Buffalo on their schedule anymore.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JoPar_v2 said:

that’s very nice sentiment. Which decade are we to expect results to follow that sentiment? Because it’s getting a bit ridiculous. They could have easily won today if we had any offensive competency outside of one drive. 

yeah we are getting into paleology with waiting for a contender here

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Tcali said:

you cant coach that--me and others have stated that a million times on here. what you CAN do is realize your weaknesses and your strengths and call plays and make throws accordingly. the same thing we said about fitzy and his jr high arm strength...while people on here were digging up film of him winding up and throwing a 45 yd duck with the wind at his back to a terrell owens who brilliantly slowed his route then pushed off to get free and catch the ball in stride--and claimed that that was proof that fitzy didnt have a joke arm. 

not sure I agree or disagree at this point as most of his long balls have come with him throwing off platform.

I think he can be pretty money on what most QBs consider long balls the 15-30 yard throws, but he is not setting up properly to throw the longer balls and they are sailing on him. And in our stadium they are dangerous to begin with... they get just a bit high and the wind catches them and they float for an int.

Taking a longer view, but I would be curious to see Allen's deep balls in a dome or different field. Not excusing him taking those long shots off his back foot in New Era. That is poor judgement for the most part.

3 minutes ago, Sandhill Mike said:

For the first time in a while, I do think we've got enough talent to hang with them and beat them on any given day.  The defense has gotten better and better against them and the offense just needs to execute.

I don't think the Patriots or their obnoxious fans are going to want to see Buffalo on their schedule anymore.

Next game is in Foxboro...usually a different story in that house of horrors....

1 minute ago, gobills1212 said:

No, your team just lost but turned in a good effort and your take away is we could have had Mahomes?! I just dont get that line of thinking. Hindsight is always 20/20. It is what it is - such is life. Deal with the hand you are delt, why fixate on what isnt and will never be? If thats how you wanna deal with a loss then more power to you. Id rather focus on reality and this team going forward. Now, moving on to the Titans!!

Again, for you and the people in the back, I did not bring up Mahomes, I just made a quick comment to agree with SOMEONE ELSE that brought up mahomes. Fact remains, he’s right. That’s not my takeaway from today’s game, just a side observation. My takeaway was the defense looked disgusting.

You seem more obsessed about it than I do, frankly, maybe because your goldenboy QB looked horrific? IDK. But Im done with you.

11 minutes ago, Josh_Allen said:

What lost them the game is really a lack of talent on offense.  We still find the Bills in this state.  That has to change for next season for sure or I will start to question Beane's skills.

Our offense was an abomination last year.  It has improved to average this year.  NE's defense is going to make average offenses look terrible.

People are wildly overreacting to one game against the best defense in the league.

• Thank you (+1) 3

Bills should have won.....its really important that there is no negative hangover next week.   Mariota folds under pressure. 

Tom Brady looked really bad.  That's an amazing effort by the Bills D. The difference in the game was that Brady knows how to throw the ball away when nothing is there. 

• Like (+1) 2