Bills QB Josh Allen becoming a must-watch player

MJS

I am going to define "must watch" in my own terms.

On 3rd and long, I no longer have to look away knowing another punt is coming, instead I watch to see what sort of magic Josh pulls off when the DEs are coming at him with their ears pinned back. 

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I don't live in WNY anymore, but I can tell you that Josh Allen is not yet a must-watch amongst the average NFL fan.  He's not talked about much outside of WNY or the hardcore NFL media types.   People know of him, but they aren't fascinated by Josh Allen like they are Baker or Lamar Jackson...or now Daniel Jones.    If Josh looks great this weekend and the Bills beat New England, that will change. 

Josh has a pretty decent following among the MWC schools that he played in and against - California, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico and Idaho.  I go to many MWC games and Josh is brought up from opposing fans all of the time.  They are watching and following him.

23 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

You mean like every other NFL team in the league

Look I think we have a chance.....but I am not hanging how I feel about this team on a game where the other team is DESTROYING teams right now......

I'm hoping for a Bills WIN and think they can win it.  

Time will tell my friend 

22 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Wonder how many prime-time games Buffalo gets next year

Other than contracted local markets .  Bills Pats IS a national game.  Not prime time but a must see in terms of ...

Are the Bills for real or are the Pats* falling apart (for real this time) 

57 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I don't live in WNY anymore, but I can tell you that Josh Allen is not yet a must-watch amongst the average NFL fan.  He's not talked about much outside of WNY or the hardcore NFL media types.   People know of him, but they aren't fascinated by Josh Allen like they are Baker or Lamar Jackson...or now Daniel Jones.    If Josh looks great this weekend and the Bills beat New England, that will change. 

I also don't live in WNY anymore and I can tell you that Josh Allen is must-watch. All of my co-workers mention, "You must be excited about the Bills and Josh Allen." It's not just "The Bills" anymore... it's "The bills and Josh Allen"

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

I live in AZ, all my football fan friends are very aware of Allen, and knew of him coming out of college. Some told me we got the best QB in the draft. I think you are wrong, most fans know most players, especially the QB's.

47 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

there is HYPE and then there is too much HYPE 

Get your feet back on the ground fellow Bills Fans 

if the Bills get crushed . It won't look good.

There is still things Josh needs to polish up 

What do you think in this article or the comments in the thread are inaccurate or "too much hype"? These are all just observations. Nobody is saying that Allen is an elite QB. Nobody is saying the Bills will win the Superbowl. But Allen IS an exciting player to watch and the Bills ARE undefeated and look to be on the right track towards consistent success.

I haven't seen a single poster, even the ones that think we are going to beat the Patriots on Sunday and win 12+ games this year, who have claimed that Allen is a finished product or does not have things to "polish up".

1 hour ago, MJS said:

I gotcha, but fans usually watch their team regardless. I think the point is that fans of other teams are beginning to see Allen as an exciting player to watch regardless of fan loyalty.

Absolutely. So sick of the check down QB's that are scared to throw an INT. Tyrod was a decent QB, but his hesitance to throw the ball was maddening ALL the time. So glad we have a guy who has to rein it in instead of being coaxed by the coaches to take more chances.

That was exactly my issue with Tyrod.  Even when he needed to take chances throwing he didn't.  In fact he regressed from when he was starter and usually that is coach telling him not to take chances.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

You mean like every other NFL team in the league

Look I think we have a chance.....but I am not hanging how I feel about this team on a game where the other team is DESTROYING teams right now......

Baltimore scored 49 on Miami and it could have been more if they hadn't let up in the 4th.    Doesn't mean they're great.

1 hour ago, mykidsdad said:

I think waiting for this game is giving me an ulcer.

Can ya say anxiety, cause I sure as hell can... but I’m cool ?, no really...?

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I live in AZ, all my football fan friends are very aware of Allen, and knew of him coming out of college. Some told me we got the best QB in the draft. I think you are wrong, most fans know most players, especially the QB's.

They know the Cardinals choose the wrong Josh.

Interesting comment from person at work:  He was surprised Josh Allen did not get the Angry Run award against Bengals and he expected him to get it every week since he seems to want to mix it up with defense.  I asked if he watched this week and he said "No, just saw name of winner." "That is our rookie TE who caught a ball from him."  "Oh" was his response.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Allen has the physical talent. He also possesses the brainpower, humility, work ethic and desire to be great. Allen is showing this year he can get better. He has shown it since he came back from the injury last year. It’s exciting times to be a Bills fan and Allen is a big reason why.

Your statement is precisely where I sit with Allen right now. This is indeed, a very exciting time. I added a couple of traits that I think are important, and complete this well. I hope you don't mind. 

Only 3 things I ask

#1 On the Patriots 30, 4th and 1 Do not kick field goals against this team

#2 The Patriots will make adjustments at half time, change it up

#3 Do not give the ball to Tom Brady with 1:23 left in the 4th, in a 6 point game, we will lose. Brady launches those long passes looking for pass interference. Oldest trick in the book....

Edited by HOUSE

6 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Only 3 things I ask

#1 On the Patriots 30, 4th and 1 Do not kick field goals against this team-"no guts no glory...no bawls no blue chips."...go for it....

#2 The Patriots will make adjustments at half time, change it up-Daboll & Frazier better have alternate Plans B& C ready; Belichick is THE "master of adjustments" IMO

#3 Do not give the ball to Tom Brady with 1:23 left in the 4th, we will lose.-give it to him then when we're up by 10 so his feelings aren't hurt about our "W"

...and I have responded to the "HOUSE Wish List"...........:thumbsup:

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...and I have responded to the "HOUSE Wish List"...........:thumbsup:

#3. Didn't we do this on the Sunday night game and lose 25-24?

It might have been more time but I don't feel like it was a lot more. Maybe 4ish minutes left to play? 

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1