What can be expected against New England?

Tipster19

5 hours ago, PIZ said:

I think it is a must not get embarrassed game this week.  I am not overly confident on this one.  New England is the best team in the NFL right now.  I hope the Bills play well enough to keep it close, and maybe pull off the "W" with one of these trick plays Tipster is talking about.

While I'm a pretty big homer, there is no shaking the predictable ass beatings I expect the team to receive at the hands of the Patriots*.

We've had some close games in the past, with defenses confusing Brady* and keeping the game close. But the offense or special teams (I'm looking at you, Leodis) fumble it away to give them that one additional opportunity a better team would never allow.

Put another way: you know the scene in "The Wedding Singer" when Adam Sandler's character is doing a bar mitzvah, and talks to a chubby, freckled red-headed kid who doesn't ask girls to dance because he knows he's not cool, thinks he a loser, and would never have a chance at getting a girl to dance with him?

Twice a year, I'm the chubby red-headed kid and the Patriots* are the girl who won't dance with me.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Michel is struggling because we have a backup center as well as both tackles, both were not on the team week 1. (It takes time get blocking right lol)  erratic balls? he has a 67.9% completion rate 911 yards 7 TDs 0 picks 116.5 QBR. if those are erratic numbers most teams would like to have their QB be erratic like that!

Josh Allen will have to be accurate and beat the Pats with his arm and not his legs. My guess (and I could be wrong) BB makes it so the pocket collapses around him but the defenders stay in their lanes making him throw it or get sacked.  

Appreciate the input from the other side. Can’t dispute anything you said, the dominance your team has had on the Bills is downright unbelievable (and sickening). Hopefully our teams’ elevators are starting to go in opposite directions but that has to be proven first. The Bills are starting to take steps in the right direction this season, facing the Patriots is a whole other level though. If and when the Bills can start beating them on a consistent basis will be when the Bills can feel like they have arrived. Until then everything else is just conjure and speculation. Here’s to a good game this week. ?

Go Bills!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

Is this where we see a bigger dose of Foster? I was thinking along the same line as you, unleash Foster and let the ball fly.

This and a ton of pre-snap motion.  You can beat press coverage with bunch packages, rub routes, screens etc.  

If they have lots of guys close to the LOS, I expect Mckenzie/Roberts/Beasley running around right before the snap so you can't body them at the line.  

From the POV of a Pats fans.

You should expect your offense to have a very long day against this Patriots Defense.  It isn't just good.  It's great.   I know they haven't played good offenses yet, but you can take my word that it's absolutely for real.  I put it on the level of 2013 Seahawks and 2015 Broncos.  It doesn't have the stars those groups did but it has no weakness or area you can attack.  They are 17-18 legit players deep.  Their ability to substitute and keep guys fresh allows for constant pressure and energy that never lets up.  With all due respect, your offense is about to walk into a buzzsaw.

When it comes to your defense i think that will be able to be much more competitive.   I will admit Brady has slipped just a tad.  His consistency isn't what it use to be, he will miss a few more easy throws a game than he did 5 years ago.  That being said his arm strength is still there.  It actually looks better than last year.  He has become a bit more streaky.  I imagine you'll fine success stopping our running game, particularly up the gut.  They are still trying to figure it out but with Andrews out for the year they are just slower than they use to be.  That being said they can still get 1 tough yard more often than not up the middle so that will be a challenge for your team.  They will lean on their RBs to catch about a dozen passes this game.  It really can't be stopped, only limited.  Edmunds I think has the speed to keep a 5-10 yard catch from White from being broken into a 20 yard catch.  Our WRs are a bit gimpy but serviceable.  I believe Edelman and Gordon will both play and be effective to a degree.  A challenge for your team is how you deal with Dorsett and to a lesser extent Meyers.   Dorsett has been very good for them as a guy who goes against a teams 3rd CB.    As for the TEs unless your D makes a big mistake they shouldn't be a factor, but they have had a few big catches when other teams were caught sleeping.  I doubt your D will allow that much if at all. 

It will most likely be a fairly conservative low scoring game.

Edited by bobdigital
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, bobdigital said:

Here is that POV from a Pats fans.

You should expect your offense to have a very long day against this Patriots Defense.  It isn't just good.  It's great.   I know they haven't played good offenses yet, but you can take my word that it's absolutely for real.  I put it on the level of 2013 Seahawks and 2015 Broncos.  It doesn't have the stars those groups did but it has no weakness or area you can attack.  Also the are 17-18 legit players deep.  Their ability to substitute and keep guys fresh allows for constant pressure and energy that never lets up.  With all due respect, your offense is about to walk into a buzzsaw.

When it comes to your defense i think that will be able to be much more competitive.   I will admit Brady has slipped just a tad.  His consistency isn't what it use to be, he will miss a few more easy throws a game than he did 5 years ago.  That being said his arm strength is still there.  It actually looks better than last year.  He has become a bit more streaky.  I imagine you'll fine success stopping our running game, particularly up the gut.  They are still trying to figure it out but with Andrews out for the year they are just slower than they use to be.  That being said they can still get 1 tough yard more often than not up the middle so that will be a challenge for your team.  They will no doubt lean on their RBs to catch about a dozen passes this year.  It really can't be stopped, only limited.  Edmunds I think has the speed to keep a 5-10 yard catch from White from being broken into a 20 yard catch.  Our WRs are a bit gimpy but serviceable.  I believe Edelman and Gordon will both play and be effective to a degree.  The challenge for your team is how you deal with Dorsett and to a lesser extent Meyers.   Dorsett has been very good for them as a guy who goes against a teams 3rd CB.    As for the TEs unless your D makes a big mistake they shouldn't be a factor, but they have had a few big catches when other teams were caught sleeping.  I doubt your D will allow that much if at all. 

It will most likely be a fairly conservative low scoring game.

Allen has the ability to extend plays with his scrambling.  I've been impressed with how Brown, Beasley and Sweeney/Knox have found the open space when Allen scrambles.  The Pats haven't defended anything like that yet this year.

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

Robert Foster and Zay Jones breakout game.  Bellicheat will hone in on Brown and Beasley.  MCD has him right where he wants him as Foster ans Jones go off.  

I still remember BB telling his D it was a “Nicks/Cruz” game right before Manningham’s big catch in that SB.