Did anyone else notice Smoke punch a dime-back in the throat on the sideline Sunday?

BillsBlue

Hi all not sure if anyone else noticed it but things were getting a little chippy between John brown and I think(I may be mistaken) Williams the db who was covering him often. I saw the same db take a cheap shot out of bounds on smoke and then a play or 2 later once they were out of bounds after a catch by smoke you see him punch the guy in the throat hard and the db went down and seemed hurt(I was waiting for a flag). Anyone else catch this?? This team doesn't play scared we are becoming the bully, I'm sure you've noticed how hard and violent our team plays in general we have been out "physicalling" the teams we've been playing the last handful of games and it's refreshing!!!! Cheers all?

Edited by BillsBlue
Typo
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, BillsBlue said:

Hi all not sure if anyone else noticed it but things were getting a little chippy between John brown and I think(I may be mistaken) Williams the db who was covering him often. I saw the same db take a cheap shot out of bounds on smoke and then a play or 2 later once they were out of bounds after a catch by smoke you see him punch the guy in the throat hard and the db went down and seemed hurt(I was waiting for a flag). Anyone else catch this?? This team doesn't play scared we are becoming the bully, I'm sure you've noticed how hard and violent our team plays in general we have been out "physicalling" the teams we've been playing the last handful of games and it's refreshing!!!! Cheers all?

Happened on an end-around with 4:14 left in the first quarter.  36 (Shawn Williams) pulled Brown out of bounds by the back of his helmet.  Brown took offense I suspect.  Can't really see the infraction as there are too many bodies blocking the shot.

47 minutes ago, BillsBlue said:

Didn’t see the punch. I thought he flopped because Knox pulled him away. 

16 minutes ago, Rock'em Sock'em said:

Later in the game, on Knox's end-around, Williams tried the same thing to Knox and got banged up on that play as well.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.2b6887b80cb8d25014f408097aac226e.jpg

Good Call!!!!

Loved the Jeremy Shockey comparison on that play. Once he said it , I definitely saw the resemblance . Knox/Sweeney should be cornerstones at TE for this offense going forward. Great drafting

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsBlue said:

It was Knox after a play over Brown in the sidelines, it was weird because no one noticed but the bengals players was down several plays

Edit:

At first i saw three players over Brown then came Knox and in tv transmission with his body block de punch that Brown throws.

In the replay the Bengals player throw a couple punch on Brown and then they switch to live action and can't see  the response of Brown

Edited by poblano
My mistake

58 minutes ago, BillsBlue said:

I didn’t think it was a punch - looked like a forearm shove, but yeah hit him right in the throat and the guy stayed down.  

Then comes back back in to get destroyed by Knox.

Should of just stayed in the blue tent.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

I haven’t seen a throat punch like that since Dalton took out the larynx in “Road House”. Then again, no one is as tough as Dalton. 

Roadhouse never gets old ?

56 minutes ago, MrSarcasm said:

He should! Rex Ryan was and he had this team humming like a fine oiled machine.

?

That was a different kind of bully ?

More like class clown ?

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

I didn’t think it was a punch - looked like a forearm shove, but yeah hit him right in the throat and the guy stayed down.  

Then comes back back in to get destroyed by Knox.

Should of just stayed in the blue tent.

That's what I saw too. But eyes can lie at times ha ha. Smashmouth (throat) football!

There's a difference between being a bully and just not taking any crap from people.  The bully goes out of his way to pick on weaker people, and is generally afraid to stand up to those his own size.  The Bills don't take any crap.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Utah John said:

There's a difference between being a bully and just not taking any crap from people.  The bully goes out of his way to pick on weaker people, and is generally afraid to stand up to those his own size.  The Bills don't take any crap.  

I guess I'll steal a line from the Chris Kyle movie- we raise sheep dogs in this house we protect our own