That "player gave himself up" call for White at the end

Ennjay

1 minute ago, Crayola64 said:

Can you explain how he was not aware???

“Hey you know when you went to the ground and all your team mates jumped on you, and the refs signaled the play dead...”

you just dont give the refs any excuse at all to make a bad call. we play NE twice a year. I remember where i was in the just give it to him game.A cheap hotel in Los Angeles--recovering from surgery...1998. The dame in the room with me had gamms that would make any guy say WOWWWW!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tcali said:

you just dont give the refs any excuse at all to make a bad call. we play NE twice a year. I remember where i was in the just give it to him game.A cheap hotel in Los Angeles--recovering from surgery...1998. The dame in the room with me had gamms that would make any guy say WOWWWW!!

I get it, but he clearly gave himself up, the refs blew the whistle and signaled the play dead, what is he supposed to do?  Still be laying there?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Crayola64 said:

I get it, but he clearly gave himself up, the refs blew the whistle and signaled the play dead, what is he supposed to do?  Still be laying there?

..what you say makes sense....But what im saying is that the NFL refs dont always make sense.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Livinginthepast said:

I wouldn't put it past NFL refs to do that. In fact as I watched I was waiting for the dolts to make that call.

people on here arent getting the point.yes we know that tre was down and called down. But I am not sure that they realize how stupid and corrupt the officials can be in this league.

You cant give them an excuse.

Just now, MJS said:

People are getting on the case of White? The refs called it dead.

People gonna always find something to B word about.

I do like the previous poster's suggestion, though: as a precautionary, remind the D to always run towards the opposing end zone when celebrating

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

by waiting until the Whistle to get up?

still not enough...the officiating in the league is just bizarre. At the very least RUN FORWARD.

Again Im not saying Tre did something wrong EXC for not 100% realizing that the reffing in this league

can be horrible and corrupt at times/.

4 minutes ago, Tcali said:

still not enough...the officiating in the league is just bizarre. At the very least RUN FORWARD.

Again Im not saying Tre did something wrong EXC for not 100% realizing that the reffing in this league

can be horrible and corrupt at times/.

So they'd...blow the whistle and then say "just kidding"? 

If anything, we know Tre is a smart player.  He could have gotten up and tried to run for a TD to pad his stats.  He didn't, went down and waited until he knew the play was over.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CodeMonkey said:

His perception is irrelevant.  It was a stupid play by the entire D.  Would have been a unusual call to say the least, but they happen.  Lucky.

This iOS right.  The rule doesn't consider the player's perception.

If he had popped up a second or 2 quicker, it's a safety.

There's no reason to run into your own EZ

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

This iOS right.  The rule doesn't consider the player's perception.

If he had popped up a second or 2 quicker, it's a safety.

There's no reason to run into your own EZ

Did you not watch the game.? The ref not only blew his whistles but he signaled the play dead. 

• Like (+1) 2