We got 1st posession against the wind. How?

Allen2Moulds

Abner Haynes for the OT of an AFL title game gave up both the kick and the wind on winning the toss.

still won

”we’ll kick to the clock”.... 

————

it was so much easier without the deferral, the coin toss winner received every time

Interesting point. Therefore, if things work out, your offense gets more plays. 

19 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Quarters 1-3 are timed differently and therefore shorter.

2-4 are much longer quarters due to stop time on out of bounds plays during the last 5 minutes plus that's when most teams use TO's and 2 minute offence.

I meant to quote this post with my post. For some reason it didn’t register. Anyway, interesting point

5 hours ago, Allen2Moulds said:

I'm sure we would of deferred, if we won the toss. Which gives us choice on field if we lost the coin toss.

I was standing outside in line because gate 7 was a half 35-minute wait, but I assume we won the toss, took the ball, and the bengals took the ball to start the second half ...

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

They did. Cindy won the toss and deferred. So we chose to go against the wind giving the wind in the 2nd and 4th 

We would have had to take the ball on our choice. If we chose to go against the wind in the 2nd they would have received the ball on kickoff in both halves. 

6 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

We would have had to take the ball on our choice. If we chose to go against the wind in the 2nd they would have received the ball on kickoff in both halves. 

well then I guess we took the Ball and they took the wind. 

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

We would have had to take the ball on our choice. If we chose to go against the wind in the 2nd they would have received the ball on kickoff in both halves

Is this really possible? 

I always thought coin tosses were just "we want you to have the ball" or "we want the ball", the only responses to which are "okay we'll go that way" 

Edited by arcane

1 hour ago, arcane said:

Is this really possible? 

I always thought coin tosses were just "we want you to have the ball" or "we want the ball", the only responses to which are "okay we'll go that way" 

If Team A wins the coin toss and elects to defer. Team A gives the choice to Team B to decide if they want to receive or kickoff. Team A then gets same choice in second half to kick or receive.

ea team can do what they want with their choice. 

Just now, cba fan said:

If Team A wins the coin toss and elects to defer. Team A gives the choice to Team B to decide if they want to receive or kickoff. Team A then gets same choice in second half to kick or receive.

ea team can do what they want with their choice. 

They have the choice to defend either goal, too

• Like (+1) 1