Dallas (-21.5) vs. Miami, New England (-22.5) vs. New York Jets

12 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

If the Pats beat the Jets 45 - 0 I wonder if that  is good for us.   Not being battle tested for the Bills game could be an advantage for Buffalo. 

you mean the Pats are already looking ahead to the 9th game, the first one that seemed a challenge preseason?

Ouch is right! In the meantime, I'm anxious to see how we do against a playoff team. The Bengals look awful right now, but I think they'll get better. Pats on their way. The Eagles and Cowboys will be especially tough. Cleveland, Houston and TN will also be tough tests, IMO.

1 hour ago, BillsfaninSB said:

If the Pats beat the Jets 45 - 0 I wonder if that  is good for us.   Not being battle tested for the Bills game could be an advantage for Buffalo. 

No. It's not good if the Pats keep on demolishing everyone in their path. They're gaining even more confidence even though they haven't beaten any playoff teams yet. That's never a good thing for the other teams.

50 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

No. It's not good if the Pats keep on demolishing everyone in their path. They're gaining even more confidence even though they haven't beaten any playoff teams yet. That's never a good thing for the other teams.

that undefeated Miami team didn't play a decent team all regular season, none made the playoffs

that Pats 16-0 had one of the hardest schedules in pro sports history, many playoff teams and top seeds to face on the road

4 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

last week when I was watching some highlights I was thinking
Why was Brady still in the game late in the 3rd or early 4th with a 35 plus point lead??? 

(other than run up the score) 

I hope Karma rears its ugly head!!!  

Cause Brady can't pad his passing stats sitting on the bench.

5 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

The jets D is actually pretty decent. When they can stay off the field for more than 2 mins. 

I don’t care how many points they allow, I hope they at least physically punish the patriots* !! 

Edited by Putin

To be fair to the Jets have had a lot of bad luck with injuries and illness, plus their HC is the villain from Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Image result for villain who framed roger rabbit

The Dolphins are apparently going to try and build a whole new team from scratch in the Draft which I always thought was more of something you do in video games not real life.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

last week when I was watching some highlights I was thinking
Why was Brady still in the game late in the 3rd or early 4th with a 35 plus point lead??? 

(other than run up the score) 

I hope Karma rears its ugly head!!!  

Good luck with that. Belichick rarely pulls Brady. If Karma would have struck, we either missed it or it doesn’t care. 

5 hours ago, njbuff said:

The incompetence of the other 3 teams in the AFC East is the gift that keeps on giving to the Pats.

The Bills aren't the Jets or Dolphins any more, but they still have to prove themselves.

Do the Pats have the same historical success if they aren't in the ever lackluster AFC East?

Would the Bills have made it to 4 Super Bowls if they hadn’t beat up on the Colts, Jets and Pats?

32 minutes ago, iinii said:

Good luck with that. Belichick rarely pulls Brady. If Karma would have struck, we either missed it or it doesn’t care. 

Would the Bills have made it to 4 Super Bowls if they hadn’t beat up on the Colts, Jets and Pats?

doubt more than 1 other AFC playoff team would have played .500 in the NFC in those Bills SB years

59 minutes ago, iinii said:

Those teams weren’t bad for 20 years like these 3 teams have been for most of this timeframe.

Thats my point.

what would be really nice to see if both the teams favored by a large margin some how end up having one of those bad games? one thing I do feel is the jets D is going to put the wood on brady, division games usually, no matter how bad one team may seem to be can play pretty close?

care nothing about the fins/cowgirls but certainly hoping the jets can put a hurting on marcia so the next week she becomes vulnerable?

I didn't touch those spreads, but I did put 100 on the UNDER in Miami Dallas.  O/U 47.  I can see Dallas getting out to a nice lead and letting their physical D and run game just churn clock.  I should probably go Dallas and the ponits too, but I could see something like 28-6.  The under seems like the safer bet in my mind.

On 9/17/2019 at 4:00 PM, njbuff said:

Those teams weren’t bad for 20 years like these 3 teams have been for most of this timeframe.

Thats my point.

The AFCE has been weak...for sure...but A) NE has been beating all NFL teams at the same rate as AFCE teams...( about 75% )......with the exception of Denver ( in Denver ) no team can compete with them over a 16 games season.....there's a good chance they would dominate any division.....and B) The AFCE would have fare much better without them in the division..... 

Edited by Iron Maiden