AB accused for 3 instances of sexual assualt & rape against 1 woman. Lawsuit filed against him

Reed83HOF

1 minute ago, Mojo44 said:

Good points. Who knows what really happened but, based on the information available, this does not come across as frivolous.

Well said.  The process has to play out, but there are hints here that this could turn into a headache for Brown.  I tend to think the angle here is for plaintiff to force a settlement by the timing of the complaint (falls right after NFL’s opening weekend), but that strategy doesn’t mean that the claims are bogus.  Perhaps the client doesn’t want to testify about the most traumatic incident of her life.  Perhaps counsel is worried about some of the weaknesses in the case that I noted.  

But, at bottom, this was a solid hit job by plaintiff’s attorneys —  seemingly well-planned, cognizant of media implications w/ polygraph points and text screenshots, and put Brown on his heels right off the bat.  There was no need to put the “extra” information re: the poly test and the screen shots in the complaint — in some instances, it’s bad lawyering because it could be a tip of the hand.  Here, however, the revelations were designed to influence the media, stress the opponent, and perhaps influence the jury pool.  Brown is not dealing with amateurs here.   

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m surprised that AB can digest a playbook or even pass Middle school looking at those emails so i don’t expect any smart decisions on his part 

These texts also make Central Michigan University look horrible. How the hell did he get admitted to the university???? I wouldn’t be surprised if CMU comes out with some none sense statement. 

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m surprised that AB can digest a playbook or even pass Middle school looking at those emails so i don’t expect any smart decisions on his part 

Based on the dope that he has repping him now, I’m with you.  Mr. “countersue the complainant” is going to get run over if this case goes to trial.  I’ve only seen a photo of the guy, but strongly suspect that the female jurors will detest him.  

2 minutes ago, wppete said:

These texts also make Central Michigan University look horrible. How the hell did he get admitted to the university???? I wouldn’t be surprised if CMU comes out with some none sense statement. 

I'm assuming his admissions test was a color by numbers book. 

He even stayed inside the lines! 

Edited by The Wiz

16 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

FWIW.  I’m a clinical psychologist. I have been treating patients in my community for 40 years. I kid you not when I tell you that I have done at least 500 evaluations of victims of sexual assault, mostly female.  In these situations the victim feels intense shame, embarrassment, and a very real fear that no one will believe her. Also, they may have real concern over their financial or employment status if they make a report. 

Clearly we have to wait until due process is done and, hopefully, something close to the truth comes out. However, all of the facts behind this woman filing this case including waiting as long as she did and never lodging a criminal complaint are quite typical.

Good post. I have analyzed a lot of victim and offender behaviors in sexual assault over the years. There are so many victims that behave in ways that are counterintuitive to most people and most sexual assaults actually go unreported. Most allegations are legitimate; however, some are not (most reputable studies put the number of false allegations at anywhere from 2%-10%).

People love to make snap decisions; however, each case needs to be evaluated on its own, in totality, and due process needs to always be followed. 

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

he's with the right team. thugs, murderers and deflated balls sprinkled with some cheating in the mix. yeah, they wont cut him for his alleged accusations.

I was going to say you forgot about Kraft but I guess deflated balls works in his case as well.

• Haha (+1) 1

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/11/report-nfl-to-give-serious-consideration-to-putting-antonio-brown-on-exempt-list/

Report: NFL to “give serious consideration” to putting Antonio Brown on exempt list

“A statement from the Patriots indicated that the NFL will be investigating the allegations of rape and sexual assault levied in a lawsuit filed against wide receiver Antonio Brown on Tuesday.

Given the nature of the allegations, one of the questions that the league will face is whether or not to place Brown on the Commissioner-Exempt list while that investigation plays out. Brown would be paid while on the list, but he would be ineligible to participate in Patriots games or practices. 

Mark Maske of the Washington Post reports that the NFL will “give serious consideration” to putting Brown on that list. One source told Maske that placement on the list is something the league “is going to have to focus on” in the coming days, although it is unclear if any decision would be made before the Patriots play the Dolphins in Week Two.

Brown’s accuser Britney Taylor has expressed a willingness to meet with the league as part of any investigation and league officials are expected to meet on Wednesday about next steps.”

25 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

This point was made in the complaint.  The polygraph results are inadmissible.  The reference to the polygraph in the complaint was made to affect public opinion.  

And, frankly, it’s good lawyering to put her to a polygraph.  In a high profile case like this, competent counsel should perform his/her own polygraph of the client before commencing a lawsuit.  It’s a sign to me that her lawyers know what they’re doing, have worked the case up a bit before commencing the action, and aren’t going to get rolled by the threat of a counterclaim for libel/slander.   Brown’s not dealing with a bunch of clowns here, and if I was him I’d like for the best female litigator in this area that I could find.  

He can call Kobe and borrow his lawyer.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Good post. I have analyzed a lot of victim and offender behaviors in sexual assault over the years. There are so many victims that behave in ways that are counterintuitive to most people and most sexual assaults actually go unreported. Most allegations are legitimate; however, some are not (most reputable studies put the number of false allegations at anywhere from 2%-10%).

People love to make snap decisions; however, each case needs to be evaluated on its own, in totality, and due process needs to always be followed. 

Thanks. I was ready to quote that figure if needed.  2010 study from the journal “Violence Against Women”. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, wppete said:

Thank you YOLO!!!!’ You are doing amazing work finding these links and articles! Thanks!!!! 

Apparently his guarantees are voided if he performs any act that undermines respect for the team, amongst other reputational issues. It's a pretty low bar in the case of the Patriots but based on his own admissions who knows he may just have met it.

Edited by starrymessenger