AB accused for 3 instances of sexual assualt & rape against 1 woman. Lawsuit filed against him

Reed83HOF

This woman is a fraud. Most rape victims don't report it because they dont wanna have to relive the experience and face the accused in a trial. 

Why not press criminal charges? Probablu advised that lying to law enforcement can lead to heavy sanctions. Nothing to worry about when going for money either your believed and you as plaintiff win. Or not believed and you lose.

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

What's truly mind-blowing about the news is that it makes the Raiders look borderline incompetent bringing him in. :ph34r:

What's truly, truly mind blowing is that it makes the Bills, and McBeane, look extremely competent for passing on this trainwreck of a human...

But the media will never admit to that. The Bills? Competent? Correct? Right?

Not in the media's playbook, am I right?

53 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

No. He doesn’t. I get the sentiment, but we live in a world where the presumption of innocence has been under attack for the past couple of  years and it’s a standard that cannot be given up- it’s the fabric of our justice system. 

If brown is guilty of this, I hope he’s locked away and never plays a snap again.

If Brown is not guilty, I hope the lice of a thousand camels infest his armpits and he never plays again. (Props to anyone who gets the ref.)

He’s earned my disdain without being a rapist. I can hate him either way. 

People are always confused by presumption of innocence.   In reality this presumption is and always has been very limited. 

Police arrest people they "presume to be guilty"

Grand Jury's indict people they "presume to be guilty"
Prosecutors prosecute people they "presume to be guilty". 

12 jurors and a judge are duty bound to presume innocence.  No one else is obligated to provide such a presumption. 

Outside of the legal system in press, and among the public at large the presumption of guilty increases in direct proportion to the accused's fame and wealth. 

In terms of general human fairness, there is no actual reason to presume anything unless you are personally familiar with the facts and/or people involved. 

Edited by PlayoffsPlease
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

People are always confused by presumption of innocence.   In reality this presumption is and always has been very limited. 

Police arrest people they "presume to be guilty"

Grand Jury's indict people they "presume to be guilty"
Prosecutors prosecute people they "presume to be guilty". 

12 jurors and a judge are duty bound to presume innocence.  No one else is obligated to provide such a presumption. 

Outside of the legal system in press, and among the public at large the presumption of guilty increases in direct proportion to the accused's fame and wealth. 

In terms of general human fairness, there is no actual reason to presume anything unless you are personally familiar with the facts and/or people involved. 

I disagree. 

Police arrest people whom they have evidence against. 

Grand Jury's indict people whom have a preponderance of evidence against them.

Prosecutors prosecute those whom have been indicted based on the preponderance of evidence. 

The tie goes to innocence. Always. This is how our system is built.

I am sure there are plenty of situations where the system is abused and in function does not practice this way, but overall the system is built around the frame work of Innocent until proven guilty. 

I disagree with the principle behind your last statement as well. In light of human fairness, the benefit of the doubt must be given towards innocence when there is a lack of definitive evidence. 

Just now, whatdrought said:

I disagree. 

Police arrest people whom they have evidence against. 

Grand Jury's indict people whom have a preponderance of evidence against them.

Prosecutors prosecute those whom have been indicted based on the preponderance of evidence. 

The tie goes to innocence. Always. This is how our system is built.

I am sure there are plenty of situations where the system is abused and in function does not practice this way, but overall the system is built around the frame work of Innocent until proven guilty. 

I disagree with the principle behind your last statement as well. In light of human fairness, the benefit of the doubt must be given towards innocence when there is a lack of definitive evidence. 

You can disagree, but you are still wrong.  Presumption does not mean proven.  You are making a case about the word proven, not presumption.