AB accused for 3 instances of sexual assualt & rape against 1 woman. Lawsuit filed against him

Reed83HOF

57 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

FWIW.  I’m a clinical psychologist. I have been treating patients in my community for 40 years. I kid you not when I tell you that I have done at least 500 evaluations of victims of sexual assault, mostly female.  In these situations the victim feels intense shame, embarrassment, and a very real fear that no one will believe her. Also, they may have real concern over their financial or employment status if they make a report. 

Clearly we have to wait until due process is done and, hopefully, something close to the truth comes out. However, all of the facts behind this woman filing this case including waiting as long as she did and never lodging a criminal complaint are quite typical.

That's all fine and good, but none of that serves to explain why this particular individual would post pics of herself and her alleged attacker and continue to meet up with him seemingly privately; the bold type certainly doesn't seem to line up with her course of actions following the alleged assaults.

1 minute ago, BurpleBull said:

That's all fine and good, but none of that serves to explain why this particular individual would post pics of herself and her alleged attacker and continue to meet up with him seemingly privately; the bold type certainly doesn't seem to line up with her course of actions following the alleged assaults.

There’s a lot of self-blame in situations like that.  I understand your point, and it’s one that perhaps someday a jury or juries will wrestle with.  But I don’t think it’s dispositive of anything.  

Not sure how much of what I am going to say has been covered, but no time to read the latest 20 pages.  But here are my updated thoughts.

1. Previously, did not want to jump to any assumptions or conclusions.  Athletes, Celebs, etc are all vulnerable to money grabs and opportunistic scandals, so its never wise to just assume all is what it seems to be when these come out.
  2. HOWEVER:  I like to try and look for clues and information that will help lend itself to what likely makes more sense.  And now, there are a couple of things I find interesting that I think are going to really work against AB now. 
    1. Lie Detector Test - If she really did take and PASS a lie detector test, that is certainly going to be very problematic for AB and obviously makes him look guilty before any real investigation or due process plays out.  And with the NFL, thats not going to go well and substantially will up his odds of both going on the exempt list and even being cut by the Pats.
    2. $75,000 - She apparently only sued for $75,000 and that alone certainly makes this look LESS like a money grab and more about justice and principal. If she was all about the money, seems her and her lawyers would be suing for a lot more money.  
      1. To be fair, this could also be a "strategic" move too for the purpose of painting that very picture.  
      2. To also be fair, I guess AB could also use this as "proof" he feels he is innocent because its such a small amount and he didnt just pay her off as $75k is nothing to him.  
      3. Ultimately, I feel this helps her the most and works against AB here.
    3. His messages certainly seem to acknowledge some of what she is claiming, so now he has to prove it was consensual which is what they are claiming.

Honestly, I have changed my mind now 3 times...First, yesterday my first reaction was wow he is screwed.  Then after things calmed down and digested the info, I started getting suspicious of the motives.  Especially when some reports suggested she still went to work for him after these incidents.  Although, to be fair, I have seem plenty of people deal with bad things and awful situations for the purpose of advancing their careers, so if she felt training AB could do that its not entirely absurd to think she swallowed her pride and still took him as a client.  Especially if maybe used that as some sort of an "apology" to her or something.  So I wouldn't discount her claims just because of that timeline.  

But now, I am back to thinking AB is screwed here and I will be pretty surprised if he isn't on the exempt list within a couple of days.  I am not even talking about if he's guilty or not...talking about how what is out there will impact his career at this present time.  There was already enough by his antics to warrant consideration for the exempt list technically, even though I didn't think it would actually happen.  But this certainly is enough on its own, and when combined with the AB s**t show this offseason, I think the league is going to have no choice here.

Question is, will the Pats cut him while on the exempt list?  If he had been a long time Patriot, then I think its a tougher decision.  But given he's never once suited up for them, I would think they would just cut bait with him and relieve themselves of the distraction while this is on going.  If AB clears himself, then I would assume Pats would bring him right back in.  So I think he is most likely going on the exempt list and then will likely be released at that point.  

F the Pats, and F AB!!!  GOOOOOO BILLLLLLLS!!!!!!!!!  

#WeGotTheRightBrown

#WeGotTheRightJosh

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

You should have highlighted the last sentence of that paragraph, instead. As a previous poster said, the reactions of a sexual assault victim can come across as counterintuitive. I understand your point, but it does not contradict the prevailing scientific data regarding this issue. And, I guarantee you, these things get very complicated.

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

What's more important than the shield (a public relations consideration) is acting based on facts and a fair process. The complaint is a civil complaint based on interactions that happened more than a year ago. This isn't a case where there was an assault incident where the police responded to a home. In that type of situation I can see placing the player on an exempt list. 

Except...anyone can call 911 for anything, so how does a mere phone call to police justify action without investigation? 

I'd like to see due process, but let's be uniform about it, that's my point. 

On the other hand if "protecting the brand" and PR are important, let's also be uniform about it. 

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

I'm far from being an AB apologist. He is a wretched human being. But that doesn't mean that he doesn't deserve a fair process. As I keep saying to you without much penetration: Trust the process. 

Haha penetration I see what you did there haha

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Rosenhaus insists the allegations are untrue. How does he know unless he was there. Calls it a “money grab” and says it has nothing to do with the patriots because it was a year ago.

No surprise there.  Doing his job, trying to take the story back, and trying to protect the guaranteed cash.  Rosenhaus might seem like a slippery guy, but he is good at his job. 

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

Locker room distrations and Cancer has begun. The Pats deserve this so much!

I really hope this is true. I would love for this to cause some kind of meltdown in the locker room and on the field. However, history has shown that things like this only make the Bill and Tom show stronger. That is my fear.

• Like (+1) 1