AB accused for 3 instances of sexual assualt & rape against 1 woman. Lawsuit filed against him

Reed83HOF

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

think of the position with Kraft and Goddell..since deflategate punishment

1) Nothing for Kraft and the Massage stuff

2) Gordon gets a pretty quick reinstatement

3) Nothing on Chung

4) now this

if he does nothing, people start to think he making up for a wrong decision in deflategate?

BTW, still nothing, NADA, from the league

All things considered, the League stepped down Hard on Brady’s soft balls..

• Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

It will only be negative if there are clear cut facts to be put out in the open.  This will stay at "he said, she said" as it is improbable any real evidence is sitting at the ready to be used.  Did this woman go to a police station and let them go through the routine as far as examination of a raped woman goes?  Probably not.

To be fair, “going through the routine” doesn’t happen in every instance of rape for a variety of reasons.  Frankly I question whether the majority or even a near majority of rapes are followed by such a procedure. 

24 minutes ago, DasNootz said:

Exactly what did he acknowledge?  The email started with "I jack my d$%@ on your back !"  For all we know she may have told him she was pregnant, and this email is simply a denial of that possibility.  Without the full context of the conversation leading up to that e-mail, we know very little.  It will all shake out in the end (no pun intended).  I hope which ever side is lying gets held accountable for their actions.

Look at his lawyers statement

12 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s really not easy to put your name out there as a female. Especially in a high profile case like this. I don’t see why he would get the benefit of the doubt. The only two people who know what happened are him and her. I don’t know her. I do know a lot about him. I don’t know what happened. But no way am “not inclined to believe her” because she’s a female accuser.

It would be real easy to put your name out there when you stand to gain millions in the process

Edited by Goldenrod2000

The only thing worse than a woman being sexually assaulted and not being believed is a man being accused of such a vile act if he didn't actually do it. After what I read he actually wrote I would put NOTHING past him. He knows the texts exist he had to fess up to at least THAT...which is bad enough in itself. 

As far as the alleged victims timing in announcing it now and continuing to have contact with Brown  I think that weakens her case and credibility and his defense team will hammer that AND her rest assured. And men wonder why women don't come immediately forward..I'll tell you why..because it means needing to relive and retell and be made feel like YOU are a criminal and negligent somehow and be put through literal hell in the pursuit of "justice" ...There will never be enough justice for victims of sexual crimes trust me we can only hope they never ever commit such a crime against anyone else ever again. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

All things considered, the League stepped down Hard on Brady’s soft balls..

agreed, i think they came down too hard, and i think Kraft let Goodell know that in no uncertain terms..hence the nicety nice with the Pats since then

5 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

What's truly mind-blowing about this news is that it makes the Raiders look borderline competent letting him go.

What's truly mind-blowing about the news is that it makes the Raiders look borderline incompetent bringing him in. :ph34r:

9 minutes ago, JohnC said:

What's truly mind-blowing about the news is that it makes the Raiders look borderline incompetent bringing him in. :ph34r:

I do not think it has change view one way or another.  They signed a coach out of game for years to 10 year/$100 million contract (back loaded due to funding issues), traded away best defense player in the league, etc.  This is small potatoes and they structured contract right for risk.

I wonder if they ever got fine money?  Keeping him suspended and constantly fining him may have helped with money issues.

37 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I’m not sure how a sexual assault exam would be irrelevant here.  Sure, the scientific evidence collected through a rape kit (e.g., ***** sample, hair, fingernail scrapings) would be of relatively little value because there is no dispute as to the identity of the perpetrator.  (Fingernail scrapings might support a victim’s contention that she fought off her attacker, but that’s besides the point as of now).  Where I STRONGLY disagree with you is with respect to physical examination that is conducted in conjunction with the performance of the rape kit.  The examination easily could have produced evidence of the use of force against the victim, including forcible penetration. 

Ultimately, this is a case that will come down to the evaluation of the plaintiff’s credibility. From both civil and criminal perspectives (I appreciate that there is no criminal proceeding [yet]), the victim’s testimony that she was raped is sufficient to meet the burden of proof.  I suspect that the case will be settled out of court — there appear to be weaknesses in her case (no rape kit, probably no admissible prompt outcry evidence inasmuch as I understand the first disclosure of the alleged rape to a friend to have been very distant in time from that event, possible subsequent friendly contact with defendant), but if this is a contest of credibility and I’m Antonio Brown I’m not sure that I want any part of it for a variety of reasons.  (Along those lines, the counterclaim for slander or whatever his attorney intends to allege is not a great idea because it threatens the possibility of aggravating impressionable jurors.)  

So, thumbnail sketch, it’s not a slam dunk but this is at least a headache and perhaps even a very big problem for Brown.  

If she did, indeed, tell others (i.e., Brown’s cook or whatever the hell he was) outcry witnesses lend credibility to the accuser as you know.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

1 hour ago, BurpleBull said:

And it would be even more difficult to pose in pics and have multiple interactions with your alleged rapist following the first incident, at least one would think; I don't see why she would get the benefit of the doubt. 

FWIW.  I’m a clinical psychologist. I have been treating patients in my community for 40 years. I kid you not when I tell you that I have done at least 500 evaluations of victims of sexual assault, mostly female.  In these situations the victim feels intense shame, embarrassment, and a very real fear that no one will believe her. Also, they may have real concern over their financial or employment status if they make a report. 

Clearly we have to wait until due process is done and, hopefully, something close to the truth comes out. However, all of the facts behind this woman filing this case including waiting as long as she did and never lodging a criminal complaint are quite typical.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 5