Cody Ford was bad - again & again he was while at RT

Reed83HOF

7 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

No Bill was as bad as Star Lotulelei though.

He looks like a f*cking tourist out there..........he's so unathletic that he was basically a traffic cone LAST YEAR....... but now it's markedly WORSE and he's also getting turned sideways and pushed backwards........Barkley ran right past him several times and he just didn't even have the twitch to get an arm on him.........he didn't even sniff a tackle.........Harrison Phillips isn't great but he's indispensable right now.   

I wonder if the Bills realize this & that's why they picked up DT Vincent Taylor who was cut by Miami. He's on the practice squad now, maybe the plan is to bring him up once he learns our scheme & give Star a golden parachute by putting him on IR or maybe they will cut him out right.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 1st&ten said:

I wonder if the Bills realize this & that's why they picked up DT Vincent Taylor who was cut by Miami. He's on the practice squad now, maybe the plan is to bring him up once he learns our scheme & give Star a golden parachute by putting him on IR or maybe they will cut him out right.

The thought that it could come to something like that has crossed my mind.    I am guessing Vincent is getting a little sweeter practice squad salary than normal and I will be surprised if someone tries to poach him and the Bills don't make a move to get him on the 53 to avoid that.    

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Easy, Judge Judy... this isn't your courtroom, it's a Bills board where we get to discuss whatever the hell we want to about the Bills.

Judge Judy?  What are you, a middle aged housewife?

When did I tell someone they couldn't say what they were saying?  I was just calling them a bunch of whining babies. (Not that you would know what one of those are, eh?)

Edited by Bad Things
snark

The Bills (and us) did not expect Feliciano to come in and solidify the RG position, so this hurts Ford's development a little as his only spot is RT.

Ford needs time to develop as an NFL RT. We need to understand this.

Edited by njbuff
  • Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

I hope not; doesn't look like a good tackle draft to me.  Much better year for WR and EDGE guys IMO...maybe I'll change my mind on that though...

I totally agree but imo it is never a bad idea to bolster the OL, especially when you have a young, talented qb to protect.

That said, I want a wide receiver or even 2 in 2020.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

No Bill was as bad as Star Lotulelei though.

He looks like a f*cking tourist out there..........he's so unathletic that he was basically a traffic cone LAST YEAR....... but now it's markedly WORSE and he's also getting turned sideways and pushed backwards........Barkley ran right past him several times and he just didn't even have the twitch to get an arm on him.........he didn't even sniff a tackle.........Harrison Phillips isn't great but he's indispensable right now.   

For the life of me I cannot figure out why some people can't understand what Star's role is on the d-line.  Why does he have to look like a superstar?  He's not going to have any stats worth mentioning because that's not what he does.  Yet you all keep beating that to death as if (nearly any) stats mean something with him.  He has a role and he plays it pretty well IMO.  You really think Beane and McD would  overpay that much for a guy who can't do his job?  I think we've seen by now that they will not do that.  And don't give me the Carolina connection crap.  They're not going to waste valuable cap room over nostalgia with anyone.  Star is going to get pushed around a bunch.  He's supposed to take on those big dogs so the other DT can get penetration. 

I clearly recall several years of big 99 getting pushed around quite a bit.  In fact, I can still clearly recall a ton of plays in which the opposing RB broke a big run up the gut and big softy 99 being driven totally sideways like he was 100 pounds, not 350 or whatever he is.  Seriously, he was much more responsible for a many of those huge runs up the middle than most fans realize.  I started noticing it about 5 years ago or so.  So when I'd see replays of those d-killer runs, I'd pay attention to big fluffer 99 (he's hard to miss).   I guess it's just a real mystery why we don't really see those game killer runs right up the middle anymore these days.  Hmmm....big butt 99 is gone and, hmmm....Star is in there now.....and, well, we don't really see a lot of those anymore do we?   Hmmm?  Maybe there's a connection there? 

But so many were so in love with Marcel they just won't admit or won't see that he's the problem a lot of the times.  I'll admit Star isn't Ted Washington or the Williams boys we had awhile ago (I miss those days just for the great DT's).  But he's pretty decent at what he does.  The D would never, ever be as dominant as they are if he weren't.  Try watching a whole game of his or a few.  Everyone has a bad day at the office.  Give the guy a break for a few bad plays.  He's up against some big and talented o-linemen every week.  He ain't the best but he also ain't the worst.  F the stats.  They're meaningless most of the time anyway and especially at the nosetackle position. 

Edited by Distorted One
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Distorted One said:

For the life of me I cannot figure out why some people can't understand what Star's role is on the d-line.  Why does he have to look like a superstar?  He's not going to have any stats worth mentioning because that's not what he does.  Yet you all keep beating that to death as if (nearly any) stats mean something with him.  He has a role and he plays it pretty well IMO.  You really think Beane and McD would  overpay that much for a guy who can't do his job?  I think we've seen by now that they will not do that.  And don't give me the Carolina connection crap.  They're not going to waste valuable cap room over nostalgia with anyone.  Star is going to get pushed around a bunch.  He's supposed to take on those big dogs so the other DT can get penetration. 

I clearly recall several years of big 99 getting pushed around quite a bit.  In fact, I can still see in my mind a ton of plays in which the opposing RB broke a big run up the gut and big softy 99 being driven totally sideways like he was 100 pounds, not 350 or whatever he is.  Seriously, he was much more responsible for a many of those huge runs up the middle than most fans realize.  I started noticing it about 5 years ago or so.  So when I'd see replays of those d-killer runs, I'd pay attention to big fluffer 99 (he's hard to miss). 

But so many were so in love with Marcel they just won't admit or won't see that he's the problem a lot of the times.  I'll admit Star isn't Ted Washington or the Williams boys we had awhile ago (I miss those days just for the great DT's).  But he's pretty decent at what he does.  The D would never, ever be as dominant as they are if he weren't.  Try watching a whole game of his or a few.  Everyone has a bad day at the office.  Give the guy a break for a few bad plays.  He's up against some big and talented o-linemen every week.  He ain't the best but he also ain't the worst.  F the stats.  They're meaningless most of the time anyway and especially at the nosetackle position. 

He didn't mention stats.....

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

He didn't mention stats.....

Thanks for pointing that out but I wasn't referring to his post in particular for that.  When Star got here that's all anyone would talk about.  Even the press talking heads.  Meaningless for nosetackles unless you have an absolute stud that's a tackling and sacking machine.  We don't see those that much.  You certainly couldn't measure big Ted Washington's contributions in stats. 

This line is a year or two away from being a beast.  

Depends on Dawkins more than Cody.  If Dawkins is a strong LT then leave him, otherwise switch him to RT and draft to find a LT.  Nseehke is your gameday backup swing tackle.  

Cody then has to beat out Feliciano to get the RG spot.  Feliciano becomes a valuable gameday C/G back up.  

Spain and Morse are set for now. 

If Dawkins is solid at LT then you draft looking for a RT.