What have the Democrats done in the past Four years

B-Man

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Are you always this dense?  I’m blaming politicians who have become more and more concerned about themselves and lining their own pockets than they are about the people they serve. This was never the intention of the Founders. 

I don't think there's a big difference between the guy offering the bribe and the guy accepting it, but I think we're pretty much on the same page.

Just now, daz28 said:

I don't think there's a big difference between the guy offering the bribe and the guy accepting it, but I think we're pretty much on the same page.

We are with the exception is if the person being offered the bribe had any scruples they’d say no hence putting the briber (drug dealer) out of business.  The term Statesman has been removed from the English lexicon. 

We are with the exception is if the person being offered the bribe had any scruples they’d say no hence putting the briber (drug dealer) out of business.  The term Statesman has been removed from the English lexicon. 

It's the same thing.  If the guy who offered the bribe had any scruples, then he wouldn't have offered, putting the drug addict out of business.  It's just a matter of perspective.  But yes, I guess we hold a statesmen to a higher standard

Edited by daz28

8 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

See the source image

You might wanna pick that flag up ref.  You say:

"I'll tell you what, if you own a business with someone else you should have figured out all the basic goals & methods before going into business with them"

replied: "You're being obtuse if you don't think that while running a country or a business that situations don't arise.  What was you're business Covid plan on Jan 1st? "

Do you STILL  believe that you don't ever have to compromise??

After further review...…  play IS REVERSED

29 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

We are with the exception is if the person being offered the bribe had any scruples they’d say no hence putting the briber (drug dealer) out of business.  The term Statesman has been removed from the English lexicon.

A LOOOOONNNNG time ago Berke Breathed had one of the characters explain to Opus that he was a politician, not a statesman because a statesman is a dead politician.  The punchline was 'we need more statesmen.'

Not too far from the truth.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, daz28 said:

Ok you're right.  Congress is a mess, and always has been only because of the Democrats(who used to the Republicans).  If only the Democrats got Covid, and all died, then Congress would be a finely tuned machine that met the needs of all the people all the time, because the Republicans would instantly remove all money involved in politics, which in turn would leave only the needs of the average American citizen at heart.  Gotcha.  To think I was really always this naïve.  I feel ashamed.

This is one of the most pathetic attempts at moving the goal posts while attempting to tear down a straw man I've seen in some time.

You've completely abandoned your position and are now sarcastically mocking an argument that no one made. 

You really should feel ashamed.

9 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

This is one of the most pathetic attempts at moving the goal posts while attempting to tear down a straw man I've seen in some time.

You've completely abandoned your position and are now sarcastically mocking an argument that no one made. 

You really should feel ashamed.

You're the one that insisted this be a partisan issue.

48 minutes ago, daz28 said:

You're the one that insisted this be a partisan issue.

From the first of your posts that I quoted:

"... so don't forget that the if the progressives do take power, you'll know exactly how the other half felt when they were left out."

5 hours ago, daz28 said:

The average approval rating for Congress has been 17% for over 10 years, so I think it might be easier for you to tell me what needs actually HAVE been met.

If you want to know how they could have met the needs of the people during impeachment, maybe we'd have been happier to have gotten all the information, and then decided for ourselves what was true??  All witnesses, no closed door meetings.  Instead we got a circus.

Why do you believe that the government is legitimate, or that it represents or serves the people?

Only approximately 50% of the eligible voting population casts a ballot, and the eligible population is only roughly 50%, at most, of the total population.  

This means that one quarter of the population is voting, with the vote being split roughly equally between the two major parties.

The results of this are that approximately 1/8 of the population presumes to dictate to 7/8 of the population.

Democracy is nothing more than a clever ploy by the power elite to compel their chattel to craft their own shackles, and to cheer while doing so.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Are you always this dense?  I’m blaming politicians who have become more and more concerned about themselves and lining their own pockets than they are about the people they serve. This was never the intention of the Founders. 

It's been like that since the "Founders"... Every politician only serves themselves and what can get them votes.

18 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

No it has not. 

In fact, it has.

It‘s the reason the Articles were undone, and the Constitutional government put in place.

The Founders were the wealthiest land owners in the colonies, and they took on large amounts of personal debt to wage the Revolution.  When the Articles proved insufficient to successfully cast their own personal debt onto a public who did not wish to assume it, they tore down the Articles and assigned themselves the direct power to force the debt onto the public.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

In fact, it has.

It‘s the reason the Articles were undone, and the Constitutional government put in place.

The Founders were the wealthiest land owners in the colonies, and they took on large amounts of personal debt to wage the Revolution.  When the Articles proved insufficient to successfully cast their own personal debt onto a public who did not wish to assume it, they tore down the Articles and assigned themselves the direct power to force the debt onto the public.

This in now ways means that they served for their benefit and their benefit only. 

Just now, Chef Jim said:

This in now ways means that they served for their benefit and their benefit only. 

The Revolution has somewhere around 30-35% popular support.

The Founders served to benefit the most first from waging the war, which granted to themselves the powers formerly vested with the British Crown.  By waging the war they afforded themselves immense power.

They then tore down a government which served the people and the States in order to implement one which primarily served themselves to the detriment of the people.

Charles Beard has done some excellent work on the subject.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Economic_Interpretation_of_the_Constitution_of_the_United_States

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

The Founders served to benefit the most first from waging the war, which granted to themselves the powers formerly vested with the British Crown.  By waging the war they afforded themselves immense power.

They then tore down a government which served the people and the States in order to implement one which primarily served themselves to the detriment of the people.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Economic_Interpretation_of_the_Constitution_of_the_United_States

I'm sure paying the continental army had something to do with that.

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

You realize what you're quoting is an early re-interpretation of history by progressive theory don't you? Damn the rich and all the raysis founders sort of thing?

15 minutes ago, Cinga said:

You realize what you're quoting is an early re-interpretation of history by progressive theory don't you? Damn the rich and all the raysis founders sort of thing?

What‘s revisionist would be naming Beard an espouser of Critical Theory.

It‘s also pure and raw fallacy to place your trust in the hands of court historians, writing “history” in order to deify the leaders of the state.

I choose not to allow my mind to be ghettoized.  I accept that men whose final arguments I disagree with can be right about a good many things along the way, even if their ultimate conclusions are wrong.

Beard’s analysis of the Constitution is one such example of this.  Marx’s primary identification of what capital is, is another.

22 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

What‘s revisionist would be naming Beard an espouser of Critical Theory.

It‘s also pure and raw fallacy to place your trust in the hands of court historians, writing “history” in order to deify the leaders of the state.

I choose not to allow my mind to be ghettoized.  I accept that men whose final arguments I disagree with can be right about a good many things along the way, even if their ultimate conclusions are wrong.

Beard’s analysis of the Constitution is one such example of this.  Marx’s primary identification of what capital is, is another.

Interesting... I always thought of you as an independent thinker, someone who read history and made up your own mind.  

28 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Interesting... I always thought of you as an independent thinker, someone who read history and made up your own mind.  

You just paraphrased exactly what I just said above.

I read history, and make up my own mind.  IE I’m able to discern which arguments are compelling and meritorious, and which are not; and am able to do so without buttressing my desire to understand upon poisoning the well fallacies, amongst others.

7 hours ago, Rob's House said:

From the first of your posts that I quoted:

"... so don't forget that the if the progressives do take power, you'll know exactly how the other half felt when they were left out."

So this is what you want to take in front of the jury of your peers to show that I'm the one who injected partisanship in this discussion, and in this thread???  I think I pretty much took a poop all over the entire government, and the statesmen that inhabit it.  I have no dog in the fight but me, you, and every other American. Our government belongs to us no matter what ANYONE says.  

7 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Why do you believe that the government is legitimate, or that it represents or serves the people?

Only approximately 50% of the eligible voting population casts a ballot, and the eligible population is only roughly 50%, at most, of the total population.  

This means that one quarter of the population is voting, with the vote being split roughly equally between the two major parties.

The results of this are that approximately 1/8 of the population presumes to dictate to 7/8 of the population.

Democracy is nothing more than a clever ploy by the power elite to compel their chattel to craft their own shackles, and to cheer while doing so.

They haven't pried the right to vote out anyone's cold dead hand either.  Did I say I believe the govt is legit or serves us??  I think I said the opposite

9 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

7 hours ago, daz28 said:

... They haven't pried the right to vote out anyone's cold dead hand either.  Did I say I believe the govt is legit or serves us??  I think I said the opposite

if voting changed anything, it would be illegal.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 5/10/2020 at 11:25 AM, Chef Jim said:

You blame the system. I blame the people who created and run the system. You can’t blame something that was created you blame the creators. Back to the drug analogy.  If there were no drug addicts there’d be no drug dealers. 

There'd be no drug dealers if drugs didn't have addictive properties. 

18 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

There'd be no drug dealers if drugs didn't have addictive properties. 

So you blame and inanimate object?  There would be no need for drug dealers if people with addictive personalities learned how to overcome them their cravings. 

So you blame and inanimate object?  There would be no need for drug dealers if people with addictive personalities learned how to overcome them their cravings. 

The effects of drugs are biological and psychological, thus the effects are not inanimate. 

Addiction is also a disease, which explains why some people just can't overcome their cravings. 

Blaming addicts for the actions of drug dealers who capitalize on their illness is off base, in my opinion. 

11 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

The effects of drugs are biological and psychological, thus the effects are not inanimate. 

Addiction is also a disease, which explains why some people just can't overcome their cravings. 

Blaming addicts for the actions of drug dealers who capitalize on their illness is off base, in my opinion. 

Take control of your addiction. It’s a curable disease. 

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

Take control of your addiction. It’s a curable disease. 

For many people who actually suffer from the disease of addiction, the idea that it is curable can be deadly. Way too many examples to count of people who went years and years sober, thought they were "cured" which meant they could have just one beer. Relapse can and does lead to death... It's better for sober addicts to fear the disease and know they are never "cured." 

3 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

For many people who actually suffer from the disease of addiction, the idea that it is curable can be deadly. Way too many examples to count of people who went years and years sober, thought they were "cured" which meant they could have just one beer. Relapse can and does lead to death... It's better for sober addicts to fear the disease and know they are never "cured." 

I know all this first hand. The addict holds the cure.

But I’m looking at this fine the demand side of supply and demand. 

Eating their own:

Ellen DeGeneres isn’t as nice as she wants you to believe, insiders confess

https://nypost.com/2020/05/09/ellen-degeneres-isnt-as-nice-as-she-wants-you-to-believe/

All this because Ellen sat and joked with Bush at a ball game. lol.

I remember that pic thinking, they are going to turn on her.

voila.

Ellen, we will take you in on the rational right, jump in for the big win.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Albwan said:

Eating their own:

Ellen DeGeneres isn’t as nice as she wants you to believe, insiders confess

https://nypost.com/2020/05/09/ellen-degeneres-isnt-as-nice-as-she-wants-you-to-believe/

All this because Ellen sat and joked with Bush at a ball game. lol.

I remember that pic thinking, they are going to turn on her.

voila.

Ellen, we will take you in on the rational right, jump in for the big win.

Well, she is deep state you know? The Trump gang even said so, lol. 

Loons