What have the Democrats done in the past Four years

B-Man

I'm sorry.

There is just too much nonsense being spouted by the Left to keep cluttering up the 2020 thread, or specific topic threads.

We need this topic back..................?

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 3

Took back the House of Reps, passed health care and gun reforms and election security measures that have died in the do-nothing Moscow Mitch Senate. 

And have convinced a very solid majority of Americans that Trump is incompetent, and impotent. Loser! 

• Like (+1) 1

CHANGE: South Dakota Democratic Party Closing Its Last Physical Offices In State:

“The South Dakota Democratic Party will no longer have a physical presence in the state. The state party is closing its offices in Sioux Falls and Rapid City at the end of September, and party staff will begin working remotely due to the party’s dwindling finances, according to SDDP Chair Paula Hawks.”

Political Cartoons by Ken Catalino

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The next blue wave seems to be building! 

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/flores-texas-republican-retirement-2020

Rep. Bill Flores (R-TX) announced Wednesday that he will not seek reelection in 2020, making him the fifth Texas Republican to do so.

“Serving my country as the Representative of the hardworking Texas families in the 17th Congressional District has been an honor and one of the greatest privileges of my life,” he said in a statement. “When I originally announced that I was running for Congress in 2009, I was firm in my commitment that I would run for six or fewer terms. After much prayer over the past few days and following conversations with my wife, Gina, during that time, I have decided that my current term will be my last.”

According to the Cook Political Report, Flores’ district, the 17th, leans Republican and voted for President Donald Trump with about 55 percent of the vote.

Flores follows in the footsteps of his fellow Texans GOP Reps. Kenny Marchant, Will Hurd, Pete Olson and K. Michael Conaway.

DAVID HARSANYI: Democrats Propose First Gun Grab Since Lexington And Concord.

As I recall, Lexington and Concord didn’t go quite as planned for the would-be gun-grabbers:

What Democrats propose can be more accurately described as “the first American gun confiscation effort since Lexington and Concord,” or some variation on that theme. Although tax dollars will be meted out in an effort to incentivize volunteers, the policy is to confiscate AR-15s, the vast majority of which have been legally purchased by Americans who have undergone background checks and never used a gun for a criminal purpose.

The “mandatory gun buyback” exemplifies the impracticality and absurdity of do-somethingism (although Biden’s proposal to ban “magazines that hold bullets”—so most guns—is also a contender!). Democrats are ready to instantaneously turn millions of otherwise law-abiding citizens into criminals overnight for refusing to adhere to a law that retroactively transformed the exercise of a constitutional right into criminality.

And they do it without any evidence that it would curtail rare mass shootings or save lives.

As Stephen Green wrote last week, “mandatory buy-back” is just newspeak for “confiscation with a little sweetener.”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, B-Man said:

As I recall, Lexington and Concord didn’t go quite as planned for the would-be gun-grabbers:

What Democrats propose can be more accurately described as “the first American gun confiscation effort since Lexington and Concord,” or some variation on that theme. Although tax dollars will be meted out in an effort to incentivize volunteers, the policy is to confiscate AR-15s, the vast majority of which have been legally purchased by Americans who have undergone background checks and never used a gun for a criminal purpose.

The “mandatory gun buyback” exemplifies the impracticality and absurdity of do-somethingism (although Biden’s proposal to ban “magazines that hold bullets”—so most guns—is also a contender!). Democrats are ready to instantaneously turn millions of otherwise law-abiding citizens into criminals overnight for refusing to adhere to a law that retroactively transformed the exercise of a constitutional right into criminality.

And they do it without any evidence that it would curtail rare mass shootings or save lives.

As Stephen Green wrote last week, “mandatory buy-back” is just newspeak for “confiscation with a little sweetener.”

Sounds good. Give them time to surrender the guns peacefully, if not, five years in prison. 

35 minutes ago, B-Man said:

On top of the confiscation buyback, I am guessing that they will pay fair market value for the guns and not pennies on the dollar. ?   I mean, if they are willing to pay $500 for a $15 hammer, I should at least get $30,000 for my NHM-90.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Democrat candidate has a "woke" moment.

“‘I know this sounds naive. I didn’t think the left was so mean. I didn’t think the left lied like this,’ 

[Marianne] Williamson told the New Yorker’s David Remnick in an interview.

‘I thought the right did that. I thought we were better.’”

You've been reading and believing too much U.S. Media, Marianne.

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Exactly why we needed this thread back...................

BECAUSE LETTING MEN INTO BATTERED-WOMEN’S SHELTERS IS A PHENOMENAL IDEA: 

House Democrats will consider bill to block HUD rule allowing anti-trans shelter discrimination.

If this rule goes into effect, trans people may be forced to make the impossible choice of living in a shelter that does not recognize their gender or foregoing shelter entirely, placing them in potentially dangerous situations either way.

Really?  "Not having your gender recognized" and "being on the street" are equivalent dangers?

WHEN THE LEFT IS LOSING, it’s always because institutions are broken. 

Now it’s the Supreme Court, we’re told, because it might not support a gun ban.

It takes a special kind of chutzpah, though, to approve Democratic threats of court-packing while purporting to stand for “judicial independence.”

But lefty academics are up to it!

It’s Official: The Democrats Just Want You Dead

by Sebastian Gorka

Original Article

Americans are normalizing violence in their politics, but not in the way the media and the “experts” would have you believe. No, “white supremacists” are not the greatest threat to your safety, despite what Don Lemon and his cohorts in the Fake News Industrial Complex say. In fact, of 250 shootings in America wherein four or more people were shot (which is the official definition of a “mass” shooting), not one of the perpetrators was a conservative, let alone a “white nationalist.” But that hasn’t stopped the Democrats. It has been more than two months since the gay Asian journalist Andy Ngo was brutally attacked by Antifa