Week One: Bills at Jets

YoloinOhio

I know it seems absurd to think that this game means a ton, but it really does and I do not like that I have a bad feeling about it. It seems so impossible to think that the bills could actually be really good this year but I won't believe it for a second until I see Josh Allen have consecutive games in a row with passing that looks like a real NFL quarterback.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I know it seems absurd to think that this game means a ton, but it really does and I do not like that I have a bad feeling about it. It seems so impossible to think that the bills could actually be really good this year but I won't believe it for a second until I see Josh Allen have consecutive games in a row with passing that looks like a real NFL quarterback.

So hopefully you'll be onboard by the time the Bills start playing outside of Jersey.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I feel like the coaches will have the Bills really prepared for this game.  I can see a W.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I feel like the coaches will have the Bills really prepared for this game.  I can see a W.

I hope they have them dialed in for it though all the interviews with the players seem to have them prepared to have to adjust without them having any film of this team with this coaching staff.

8 hours ago, eball said:

Yay, we're talking about uniforms again!

#1 -- blue jersey/white pants

#2 -- white jersey/blue pants

#3 -- blue on blue

#4 -- red color rush

#5 -- white on white

Well we gotta talk about something! My list:

#1 all white throwbacks 

#2 blue jersey/white pants

#3 all whites

--big dropoff--

#4 color rush

#5 white jersey/blue pants

#6 all blues

• Like (+1) 1

The closer we get to this game the more and more I know the key to victory is how well we control Bell. I hope we play run first and spy Bell all game. Bell in the pass game is likely their primary weapon.  I really expect the Jets to run right at Oliver with double teams and try to exploit his size to make him prove he can hold his own consistently so he will play a big role in the outcome. 

I have no idea what to expect, but I have reaction after watching the first half of Packers Bears:

The defenses are way ahead of the offenses.  The speed, quickness and proficiency of both defenses last night was impressive.  Reveivers could find the smallest of openings, quarterbacks rarely had a lot of time to throw, running backs couldn't find much daylight.  The defenders seem really quick and rarely were out of position.

If that's what's happening across the league, if the Biills defense shows up, it will be a low scoring game, perhaps even a shut out.  

14 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I have no idea what to expect, but I have reaction after watching the first half of Packers Bears:

The defenses are way ahead of the offenses.  The speed, quickness and proficiency of both defenses last night was impressive.  Reveivers could find the smallest of openings, quarterbacks rarely had a lot of time to throw, running backs couldn't find much daylight.  The defenders seem really quick and rarely were out of position.

If that's what's happening across the league, if the Biills defense shows up, it will be a low scoring game, perhaps even a shut out.  

The under 40.5 is a great bet in this one.  I think this also favors the Bills generally as they have a veteran defense in the same scheme; the Jets are playing in a new system.

• Like (+1) 1

Will Josh Allen’s growth in year 2 be apparent…

Josh Allen did plenty of work this off season to improve at quarterback. He worked on throwing with anticipation, throwing with touch and spent a part of the off season working on his chemistry with wide receivers on the roster.

Sunday will be Allen’s first opportunity to show his improvement on-field. He will face an aggressive Gregg WIlliams defense known for blitzing. Making the right reads on the field will go a long way in determining Buffalo’s Week 1 success

Will Corey Bojorquez make the Bills look smart or foolish?

The Bills were ready to replace Corey Bojorquez with Britton Colquitt before the Vikings swooped in at the last minute. Buffalo would go on to tryout four other punters, but Bojorquez remains the starter entering Week 1.

You have to believe that the Bills will be going week-to-week with Bojorquez and one poor performance could end his time in Buffalo. Against the Jets, Bojorquez can make the Bills look smart for sticking with him or foolish if he fails to show consistency when called upon.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973