Jests cut their 3rd rounder Polite

Reed83HOF

22 minutes ago, billspro said:

I’m not sure about the talent either. He put up combine numbers that were not professional athletic ability. 

Well he came into the combine overweight so thats why his combine numbers werent that good.

You can't tell me a 1st Team All SEC LB who put up 11 sacks & 45 tackles his final year at Florida had no talent. I mean if that was the case you wouldve done that, or myself lol.

But like i said before, you gotta question his attitude & work ethic, perhaps its already been answered. But he's still young, only 21, still time for him to wake up & change if he has it in him.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Dont get all bent out of shape, just a topic. And you also have nothing better to add.

Bent out of shape?  ?  You should probably stop before falling behind even more.  We actually had a Jest fan here a couple weeks ago that was looking to talk football.  Seemed reasonably intelligent and a decent sort.  Guess he’s the exception.  

I can easily see how a mentally challenged Polite would flunk out of a G. Williams D with all that it requires from LBs. If you were not content to groom him exclusively as a situational pass rusher at first then yeah, why draft him at all to begin with. With the pressure they can now bring up the middle an edge rusher is exactly what the doctor ordered for their D.

Seems that they hate the guy so he won't be invited to their PS. 

1 minute ago, BarleyNY said:

Bent out of shape?  ?  You should probably stop before falling behind even more.  We actually had a Jest fan here a couple weeks ago that was looking to talk football.  Seemed reasonably intelligent and a decent sort.  Guess he’s the exception.  

I have been here for a long time, and I talk football with posters here all the time, step up to the A squad anytime girlfriend.

I wanted him desperately and would absolutely take him ASAP now that he is available. He might be a problem child or have bad work ethic, but I’d take a chance on him news got 1st or 2nd round talent for an edge rusher. 

26 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Fawning? Wasnt fawning over it, just giving my opinion. Dont like it? Then dont respond.

I'm not sure which team's forum you think you are on...

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

I wanted him desperately and would absolutely take him ASAP now that he is available. He might be a problem child or have bad work ethic, but I’d take a chance on him news got 1st or 2nd round talent for an edge rusher. 

Talent doesn't mean squat if you don't put it to use.  He apparently can't. 

10 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

Well he came into the combine overweight so thats why his combine numbers werent that good.

You can't tell me a 1st Team All SEC LB who put up 11 sacks & 45 tackles his final year at Florida had no talent. I mean if that was the case you wouldve done that, or myself lol.

But like i said before, you gotta question his attitude & work ethic, perhaps its already been answered. But he's still young, only 21, still time for him to wake up & change if he has it in him.

I wouldn’t say he has no talent, he had enough talent to be a good player in college but not enough to be a professional football player. 

2 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

I have been here for a long time, and I talk football with posters here all the time, step up to the A squad anytime girlfriend.

Quite the tantrum you’re having.  Best just to let the little ones cry it out. 

2 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

I'm not sure which team's forum you think you are on...

Talent doesn't mean squat if you don't put it to use.  He apparently can't. 

Or...

maybe, just maybe, the Jets are a tire fire. Their coach is beyond a tire fire. He’s a straight up kook. Their defensive Co is solid but may not have had a say In who they keep. Mainly, because their team and front office is just plain dumb. 

6 minutes ago, mrags said:

No thanks, he isn’t even close to the player Johnson is. Lets develop that kid instead. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, mrags said:

Or...

maybe, just maybe, the Jets are a tire fire. Their coach is beyond a tire fire. He’s a straight up kook. Their defensive Co is solid but may not have had a say In who they keep. Mainly, because their team and front office is just plain dumb. 

I get it that the Jets have a history of being a dumpster fire, but to say we are a tire fire this year couldn't be further from the truth. I 5hink we have a bright future.

Just now, billspro said:

No thanks, he isn’t even close to the player Johnson is. Lets develop that kid instead. 

Maybe. Maybe not. Polite was a legit first 3 round pick. Johnson wasn’t even close to that. He’s been a great surprise I’ll give it that.

1 minute ago, mrags said:

Maybe. Maybe not. Polite was a legit first 3 round pick. Johnson wasn’t even close to that. He’s been a great surprise I’ll give it that.

Johnson is so smooth, if teams knew he would look like that he would have gone in the first two rounds. Polite doesn’t fit our culture either. We are not going to pick him up. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Not crying but you cant be happy with cutting a third rounder.

For sure, wasted pick hands down, could have used that on a decent corner. And I never said you guys were crying. I was accused of crying. Where are Joe in Winslow and the A team? This topic went sideways 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bleedingreennc said:

I get it that the Jets have a history of being a dumpster fire, but to say we are a tire fire this year couldn't be further from the truth. I 5hink we have a bright future.

You picked up a RB that sat out all year last year and then signed for basically what he would have made if he played. Lol. 

Your ur head coach is terrible and an absolute kook. 

Your team is so dysfunctional that you went into the draft knowing you were going to fire the GM that made all the picks. 

Ill give you tue fact that Greg Williams is a solid and true DC in this league. He probably won’t last though. Because your HC is so terrible, or the fact that you may be good on defense and Greg gets scooped up to HC again. 

Ill give you the same that I and I think most people outside of Buffalo give the Bills. It’ll all fall on the young QB. Darnold may be really good. Same with Allen. But your kooky coach isn’t going to help him.

I hope your owner has Gase in a short leash. He was terrible in Miami and I’m looking forward to him burning NYC to the ground as well. 

• Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

I guess if Beane did it he would be a god right? You guys can do better than this.

If Beane did this we'd be calling it terrible and half the board would want him fired.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, billspro said:

Johnson is so smooth, if teams knew he would look like that he would have gone in the first two rounds. Polite doesn’t fit our culture either. We are not going to pick him up. 

We might not. But the fact still remains that one of them was a highly sought after pick in the early rounds and the other was a late rounder that was lucky to be drafted. 

How is their careers turn out will be revealed soon enough.