Pure speculation. It is trade season.

Mat68

With the release of McCoy would you reach out to LAC about Melvin Gordon.  The cap space saved from McCoy you could allocate to Gordon.  Hes got some injury concerns, but still young.  

Personally, I'm high on Singletary.  I think he will be good.  Gore and Yeldon are competent compliments.  I'm sure Gore gets the starts and Singletary gets the most touches.

Personally, I don’t think paying RBs big money is a smart move in the modern day NFL. 

Id rather save that money for impact positions. 

Draft a RB in the first 3 rounds every couple years.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Mat68 said:

With the release of McCoy would you reach out to LAC about Melvin Gordon.  The cap space saved from McCoy you could allocate to Gordon.  Hes got some injury concerns, but still young.  

Personally, I'm high on Singletary.  I think he will be good.  Gore and Yeldon are competent compliments.  I'm sure Gore gets the starts and Singletary gets the most touches.

I think to target Gordon after letting Shady go would make little sense. You're going to have to pay him more than you were paying Shady and I already think that's a non-starter for them. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Nope. I think they drafted their guy. We will see how it works out. 

How often these days are we seeing rookies (and not just first rounders) step right in and contribute? It's just not a position that deserves premium pay. 

• Like (+1) 2

For real?  "I'm Melvin Gordon, and I'm worth millions (more than anyone wants to pay me)"?

Zero point zero chance they would do that.  Makes no sense.  Better off paying shady to hang out for a year and see what happens overall at RB.

RB is a rookie contract position in today's NFL.  Little value in that second contract, for the teams.

Draft, play, dump.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

The Bills starting RB is Devin Singletary, they aren’t trading for a guy. They are using NE’s offensive model. They never pay RBs a ton. Didn’t pay Dion Lewis, didn’t pay LaGarett Blunt. RB by committee

We all know the New England model works because of Brady much more so than the committee of RBs.  I am hopeful Josh progresses but right now we don't have the key piece here to make the Patriots model work. 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I wonder if Indi would be willing to move TY Hilton?

I think Indy makes the playoffs.  

38 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

For real?  "I'm Melvin Gordon, and I'm worth millions (more than anyone wants to pay me)"?

Zero point zero chance they would do that.  Makes no sense.  Better off paying shady to hang out for a year and see what happens overall at RB.

RB is a rookie contract position in today's NFL.  Little value in that second contract, for the teams.

Draft, play, dump.

Agreed but that’s why rbs need to figure out a way to combat that.  It’s a pretty awful existence in pro football.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills are involved in SOME TYPE of trade over the next 48 hours, but I doubt it will be anyone significant. Certainly not Melvin Gordon or anyone of that caliber. They didn't offload one expensive running back who would be keeping Singletary on the bench just to bring in another. It's Singletary time in Buffalo.

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Rumors that Treadwell is being shopped by the Vikes.

I'd ask for 2020 7th to take him off their hands.  Molasses slow and a huge bust.  If cut someone will bring him in on waivers but cant see a trade 

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’ll bet you on them going over 7.5 wins.  What’s the wager?  

I could see them winning more than 7.5 games.  But you said playoffs. Want to wager on that one?